Jarome luai

A lot of the hate directed towards Luai is media spin. They jump on every little thing he does. The media love to bring down people that appear to have a bit of confidence in themselves.
In all fairness, when I've seen him interviewed he does come across as far more humble than you expect, and I think he is most likely a decent guy.

Early on in Penrith's run of success, it is the image of him jumping on top of his team mates celebrating every try as if they'd just sealed the grand final that still really annoys me.

He could also be a white line fever type.

It's a huge shame though, that there's no changing whenever anyone thinks of Brian To'o being married they'll instantly think of his horrendous best man's speech.

Unfortunately, in this age of phones and social media making everything so accessible, so quickly, his moment of poor judgement - be it through nerves, or trying too hard to be funny, or simply lack of understanding of the situation - meant it only added to his 'villainous' type public image.

But at the end of the day I don't believe it is my right to judge him as a person.

I do though, think I have a right to judge him by how he is on the field as that is the public domain, and suffice to say I think in that regard he could seriously do with appearing less arrogant.

One thing comes to mind though: why hasn't Penrith already extended him? They've been doing so for others before him and you'd think he'd be one of the priorities.

Explain the gangsta brothers thing to me? I've seen it with Manly too but don't get it
My understanding is that it’s the attitude, the hair, the look, the boom box at training and the MtDruitt/StMarys upbringing.
Others may have better definitions but that’s my interpretation
Imo it’s more a slang term than a derogatory one.

Don’t like the way we’re headed personality wise if we have latu brothers and luai… although WT has never been good with personalities. Would much prefer dearden. For me it’s a hard no to big egos

My understanding is that it’s the attitude, the hair, the look, the boom box at training and the MtDruitt/StMarys upbringing.
Others may have better definitions but that’s my interpretation
Imo it’s more a slang term than a derogatory one.
He's into anime isn't he? Bit too nerdy to be a gangster lol.

Don’t like the way we’re headed personality wise if we have latu brothers and luai… although WT has never been good with personalities. Would much prefer dearden. For me it’s a hard no to big egos
I've actually been wondering why there's been no mention of Dearden. Probably unlikely as well, but would take him in a heartbeat.
Seems to be of good character too.

Hahaha, no way anyone pays 1.4m a year. Even we aren't that stupid
Sounds like a Tiger's price to pay if it was 900K 1 million I am thinking no chance but 1.4 right up Little Man Lee's alley right up there when you think he got Nofo for the bargain basement price of 500K

One thing comes to mind though: why hasn't Penrith already extended him?
With many of their squad maturing, they have to focus on what spine they can afford. You can't blame Penrith for prioritising Cleary and Edwards.

I have no expectation that Luai is wroth a million or more, but it's an Asotasi-like "statement" signing.

Not a fan of the guy.

I could defitely see him leaving Penrith though.
Trying to challenge himself and show the world he can do it on his own.

A very cocky player that plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Couldn't see him going to Canberra though.
Bought his mother a crib at Mount Druitt, didn't he?

I could see him going to Roosters, Dogs or even us. Stays in Sydney no doubt.

Hahaha, no way anyone pays 1.4m a year. Even we aren't that stupid

I wouldn’t pay $1.4m but in 2yrs time it’s plausible a player gets that given how the cap is increasing and projections for future years. He would be 27/28 in that season so hitting his peak years for a half.

Roster wise we will have half the roster free and no real big spending signed player so we will have a heap of cap space ready also.

Can’t see it happening but if it did would be an instant game changer for us.

With many of their squad maturing, they have to focus on what spine they can afford. You can't blame Penrith for prioritising Cleary and Edwards.
I still think it's interesting they haven't re-signed a young, 2 time premiership winning, SOO rep to secure him long term in favour of other players.

Just wondering if it's his decision to test the market? Maybe a dodgy TPA they already know about?

Eh, I Just don't want him at the tigers...Don't really care otherwise.

From
Fox sports article

The premiers face a salary cap squeeze after gun backrower Liam Martin re-signed and star fullback Dylan Edwards’ mammoth extension worth north of $900,000-per-season all-but locked in.

Throw in Nathan Cleary, Isaah Yeo, Brian To’o, James Fisher-Harris and Moses Leota on long-term contracts, and the Panthers’ salary cap is running thin.

I still think it's interesting they haven't re-signed a young, 2 time premiership winning, SOO rep to secure him long term in favour of other players.

Just wondering if it's his decision to test the market? Maybe a dodgy TPA they already know about?

From
Fox sports article

The premiers face a salary cap squeeze after gun backrower Liam Martin re-signed and star fullback Dylan Edwards’ mammoth extension worth north of $900,000-per-season all-but locked in.

Throw in Nathan Cleary, Isaah Yeo, Brian To’o, James Fisher-Harris and Moses Leota on long-term contracts, and the Panthers’ salary cap is running thin.
If I was Cleary and there was salary cap pressure forcing them to lose one of those stars it would be Luai for mine.

From
Fox sports article

Interesting to see how Laurie fits in. Maybe Edwards being considered as a 5/8 ? Just saying.

Lee is keeping all his future clients in house. Brydens third party deals. Legal representation vouchers for those that sign.

Back