Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought Romey was a bit of a DH...... But he's our DH now (presumably) so bring on the bravado. I'm not a fan of this 10 day cooling off rubbish, of course that happens when we finally sign a big fish.
Nothing to see here. It’s not a conspiracy. Don’t stress.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but within the 10 days couldn’t Luai still withdraw without Panthers interference?

If so, I wouldn’t write the dogs out yet…
I’m pretty sure that 10 day period is only for the players current club to make a counter offer. Stop stressing, it doesn’t mean anything. Penrith have had six months to make him an offer he couldn’t refuse. Nothing is going to change in the next ten days.

As part of the new rules he has to notify Penrith that he’s accepted an offer (which he probably has) & Penrith or another club have 10 days to match the offer/try & talk him out of it…. nothing has been signed officially yet.

I believe if an offer has been accepted and the NRL informed of said acceptance only Penrith can counter the offer, not other clubs, otherwise the whole idea would be a waste of time.

I think he has enormous talent but I admit to sometimes finding him really annoying, he is however the signing we needed. Did we overpay, probably, did we really have a snowball’s chance of landing him if we didn’t, history says no.
We finally landed a big name that isn’t already transitioning to the retirement home & that has to be great for the club.
Hopefully he can be the spark that we need so desperately and he will help make other talented players consider playing here.
Jerome I promise to take back every word I ever mumbled about you if you can lift this team up.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but within the 10 days couldn’t Luai still withdraw without Panthers interference?

If so, I wouldn’t write the dogs out yet…

Nah… If he has signed the contract with Tigers then Dogs are out

Is it possible for someone to maybe download the SMH article, please?
Jarome Luai is set to sign a monster five-year deal worth more than $6 million with Wests Tigers.
The Panthers star has told Penrith he will not be at the club beyond next season and will join the joint-venture club from 2025.
The premiers had offered Luai a three-year, $2.55 million deal to remain at the club in 2025 and 2026, but the NSW and Samoan representative instead decided to test his value on the open market.
Jarome Luai is moving to the Tigers.

Jarome Luai is moving to the Tigers.CREDIT:pENRITH PANTHERS
Luai has played 107 matches for the Panthers, winning the past three straight grand finals.

Under the NRL’s new rules, Luai can only declare his intention to sign with the Tigers, giving Penrith a 10-day period to come up with a bigger offer to try to keep him.
Luai also retains the right to pull out of the deal with the Tigers during that period, creating a fortnight of intrigue about his future, given the big-money offer also on the table from the Bulldogs, worth about $5.5 million over five years.
Shane Richardson was only appointed interim chief executive of the Tigers on Tuesday, but made the pursuit of Luai a priority.
Despite not officially starting in the top job until the new year, Richardson organised to meet with Luai’s management on Thursday where he was assured the club remained a viable option.

Canterbury were viewed as favourites to land Luai’s signature, where he would have reunited with several former Panthers, including new recruit Stephen Crichton and coach Cameron Ciraldo. But the swift reaction to the boardroom clean-out at the Tigers made sure they remained in the race.
Tigers coach Benji Marshall, a one-time favourite of Luai when he was growing up, has also been hands-on in the chase for Luai, and told him why the player and club would be a good fit.

Nah… If he has signed the contract with Tigers then Dogs are out
He can't sign until the end of the 10 day period and can back out after the 10 days.

Though that would burn us as an option and take the competition out of the market for his signature.

He can't sign until the end of the 10 day period and can back out after the 10 days.

Though that would burn us as an option and take the competition out of the market for his signature.

Im reading this news article as saying he has signed already with the Tigers, but his current club has a ten day window to get him to change his mind

What's to stop the dogs upping their offer on the quiet and Luai backing out publicly then signing with them later?
Nothing, except the rules.

He would want to be sure with the Bulldogs offer if he did that as it would burn the Tigers as an option.

He has agreed to terms with us.

Jarome Luai is set to sign a monster five-year deal worth more than $6 million with Wests Tigers.
The Panthers star has told Penrith he will not be at the club beyond next season and will join the joint-venture club from 2025.
The premiers had offered Luai a three-year, $2.55 million deal to remain at the club in 2025 and 2026, but the NSW and Samoan representative instead decided to test his value on the open market.
Jarome Luai is moving to the Tigers.

Jarome Luai is moving to the Tigers.CREDIT:pENRITH PANTHERS
Luai has played 107 matches for the Panthers, winning the past three straight grand finals.

Under the NRL’s new rules, Luai can only declare his intention to sign with the Tigers, giving Penrith a 10-day period to come up with a bigger offer to try to keep him.
Luai also retains the right to pull out of the deal with the Tigers during that period, creating a fortnight of intrigue about his future, given the big-money offer also on the table from the Bulldogs, worth about $5.5 million over five years.
Shane Richardson was only appointed interim chief executive of the Tigers on Tuesday, but made the pursuit of Luai a priority.
Despite not officially starting in the top job until the new year, Richardson organised to meet with Luai’s management on Thursday where he was assured the club remained a viable option.

Canterbury were viewed as favourites to land Luai’s signature, where he would have reunited with several former Panthers, including new recruit Stephen Crichton and coach Cameron Ciraldo. But the swift reaction to the boardroom clean-out at the Tigers made sure they remained in the race.
Tigers coach Benji Marshall, a one-time favourite of Luai when he was growing up, has also been hands-on in the chase for Luai, and told him why the player and club would be a good fit.

Much appreciated champion @Masterton

Reactions: BZN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back