Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luai is a great Signing for the club he will go great at 7 well done tigers for finally landing a big Signing. Better player than Moses
Not sure he is a better player than Moses, but he brings things to us that Moses doesn’t. He is a hard nut, he is ultra competive and a proven winner over a long time. We need these quality probably more than the stuff Moses brings to the table.

Not sure he is a better player than Moses, but he brings things to us that Moses doesn’t. He is a hard nut, he is ultra competive and a proven winner over a long time. We need these quality probably more than the stuff Moses brings to the table.
He brings mongrel

Well he doesn’t bring goal kicking, which is certainly a useful asset.

He’s a winner. Moses isn’t.
True, but hypothetically if you dropped Moses in the Penrith side he’d be a winner too.
Can’t forget that Luai has been part of an elite unit with so many different players who can dig them out of a hole.
Very different in Tiger town where he’ll be expected to organise, lead and support. I hope he succeeds, I’m just a bit nervous that we may be expecting too much from him, at top dollar !!

True, but hypothetically if you dropped Moses in the Penrith side he’d be a winner too.
Can’t forget that Luai has been part of an elite unit with so many different players who can dig them out of a hole.
Very different in Tiger town where he’ll be expected to organise, lead and support. I hope he succeeds, I’m just a bit nervous that we may be expecting too much from him, at top dollar !!
You can’t argue a negative. He’ll never be in the Panther system so we’ll never know.

Luai is a great Signing for the club he will go great at 7 well done tigers for finally landing a big Signing. Better player than Moses
Kinda, Moses has a much better kicking game. Both goal and field, Pitty he’s a bigger wanker than Warner! And can only ski down hill..,

Hey mate, i’ve been one of the few who has been staunch as hell, never once have turned to water and have tried to hold everyone’s hand throughout this, telling everyone not to worry, he’ll be here. Never wavered once. Total optimist.
Love your work GNR.

Having read more into the rule it still leaves questions open. It's clear as mud to some degree.

It specifically says...

NRL documentation: Last Right of Negotiation clause

Every player must provide his incumbent Club with a last right of negotiation for a 10-day period from the date of notice that the player has received an offer from a rival Club, and that offer has been submitted to the NRL, that he is prepared to accept. In order to give effect to this clause:

a) the player must provide notice to his incumbent Club that he has an offer that he will accept in 10 days' time (subject to negotiations with his incumbent Club);
b) the Club can then engage in contract negotiations with the player for a period of up to 10 days, or the Club may waive its rights in writing (at which point the player is free to sign with the rival Club);
c) the offer from the rival NRL Club must be an official offer and submitted to the NRL Salary Cap Auditor (the contents of which will remain confidential, but the NRL Salary Cap Auditor can provide verification to the incumbent Club that an official offer has been received). The offer must remain open for acceptance for a minimum of 14 days, and for at least 48 hours beyond the expiry of the 10-day negotiation period with the incumbent Club. There is no requirement for the player to disclose the terms of the offer to his incumbent Club;
d) at the expiry of the 10 days, the player may sign (or reject) the offer from the rival Club.
That part (d) should really to be changed to be at the end of the 10 days the player may sign either the deal with the rival club or an extension with his current club.

Reading between the lines and the info from @Mistymuzzle , hes through the 10 day, just hasnt signed the contract.

It aligns to penriths statements earlier last week. About wanting to bring him in and chat.

It also aligns with richo's confidence
I think you may be right. I reckon today was the day he told his teammates he's leaving, the last day of the cooling-off period. I predict his signature to be announced tomorrow or Monday. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back