Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we do know is that he will 100% not be at the Panthers. The CEO confirmed that. So where is he going? What we know is that he’s accepted the deal with us. Whether he’s officially signed is anyone‘s guess. What is pure speculation is that the Dogs are waiting in the weeds.
We also know that Gus Gould and the Bulldogs have demonstrated a multimillion dollar interest in him, have access to TPA's that we cant seem to match, and the club has a very strong Penrith connection. What we don't know is what Luau is thinking and until we do we can speculate whatever way we want.

Just going off the facts
1. Penrith have confirmed he’s signed elsewhere
2. He’s accepted the deal with us. Question mark if he‘s put pen to paper
3. The Dogs/Gus poaching him at the last minute is just conjecture
“Conjecture” … but you have to place a probability factor to conjecture

If you believe that Gus and the dogs aren’t making moves that’s fine

I think most on here assume he is bc of every single reason they would be
1. They need a half
2, close ties with Penrith mates there
3. Close with the coach
4. They have beaten us in every other negotiation to date recently
5. Gus is the master deal maker behind the scenes
6. The deal is taking too long to announce and the longer it goes the more it seems he isn’t sure of signing with us

4. Nothing is official yet
Correct. But I’m a firm believer it will be. I’m sorry that people believe me to be trolling. When you have a reputation of being super negative, as @innsaneink said and @king_sirro accusing me of trolling, people will raise their eyebrows. But if you go through my posts (if you are that bored), you will see that 90% of my grievances were with Pascoe and co. I have felt a whole lot better about things since they were outed. Now, have I gone overboard with my positivity in this thread? Sure, but it is genuine. And partly due to the fact that everyone’s anxiety is through the roof. It’s like the Cuban Missile Crisis. My attempts at going overboard with the positivity is an attempt at lightening the mood, to get people to relax. I apoogise if people take it the wrong way.

1. They need a half
3. Close with the coach
6. The deal is taking too long to announce and the longer it goes the more it seems he isn’t sure of signing with us

now you are trolling continually saying he is going to the Dogs

Correct. But I’m a firm believer it will be. I’m sorry that people believe me to be trolling. When you have a reputation of being super negative, as @innsaneink said and @king_sirro accusing me of trolling, people will raise their eyebrows. But if you go through my posts (if you are that bored), you will see that 90% of my grievances were with Pascoe and co. I have felt a whole lot better about things since they were outed. Now, have I gone overboard with my positivity in this thread? Sure, but it is genuine. And partly due to the fact that everyone’s anxiety is through the roof. It’s like the Cuban Missile Crisis. My attempts at going overboard with the positivity is an attempt at lightening the mood, to get people to relax. I apoogise if people take it the wrong way.
You do you mate. Logic is on the side of people who are waiting till it’s done.

Reactions: BZN
I just wonder if it's possible if Luai has already signed and everything is completed and the Tigers are just holding off on making the announcement for some strange
reason ?

I’m sorry, but there isn’t. Constant dooming and saying matter of factly that he’s not coming because Toupu signed with the Dolphins is the definition of conjecture.

I just wonder if it's possible if Luai has already signed and everything is completed and the Tigers are just holding off on making the announcement for some strange
reason ?
Some are thinking it wasn’t announced yesterday because of the players death. Could also be because of organising the third party deals or waiting to announce on Xmas day.

Gnr’s is just being passionate and has belief that our club is turning around. He has faith that our club has sold our new vision of Benji and Captain Luai winning GF’s together and that Luai has bought into that and can’t wait to be here.
Gnr’s hasn’t been abusive like some knobheads get I don’t see the problem.
Although I am skipping a few of his posts bcoz I know what he is gunna go on about, it’s not like AHX who was littering the forum with jibberish content, but again he wasn’t being abusive either and you never know what going on in someone’s life, so I thought the forum was a bit rough on him too. I hope AHX comes back maybe without so much litter.
If you don’t like someone like GNR’s and his passion the just skip to the next post.
Just my farts on it.

Some are thinking it wasn’t announced yesterday because of the players death. Could also be because of organising the third party deals or waiting to announce on Xmas day.
I doubt it. Junior Tupou was announced at the Dolphins.

They won’t be needed, cos it’s happening
I hope so… but you definitely don’t know for sure so stop acting all high and mighty as if you do.
If by some remote chance you actually do know 100% he’s coming we’d all love to know where you got your info.
Most will be happy if he joins us but it ain’t over until the fat lady sings.

I'm hoping it isn't announced as we are working out a way to get him here a year earlier - 2K24.

No inside info though, just hoping that's the case.

I know old mate said they don't release early but these jokers say a lot of things, nothing is ever as it seems.

Gnr’s is just being passionate and has belief that our club is turning around. He has faith that our club has sold our new vision of Benji and Captain Luai winning GF’s together and that Luai has bought into that and can’t wait to be here.
Gnr’s hasn’t been abusive like some knobheads get I don’t see the problem.
Although I am skipping a few of his posts bcoz I know what he is gunna go on about, it’s not like AHX who was littering the forum with jibberish content, but again he wasn’t being abusive either and you never know what going on in someone’s life, so I thought the forum was a bit rough on him too. I hope AHX comes back maybe without so much litter.
If you don’t like someone like GNR’s and his passion the just skip to the next post.
Just my farts on it.
I know I have been a bit hard on AHX, cos I believe most of what he writes is gibberish, but I’m sure he’s a terrific guy. Easier said than done given how emotional this club makes people, but you should never hate on someone if they are just giving an opinion on the club/game. Some seem to let it influence their perception of that persons whole personality.

Last edited:
I hope so… but you definitely don’t know for sure so stop acting all high and mighty as if you do.
If by some remote chance you actually do know 100% he’s coming we’d all love to know where you got your info.
Most will be happy if he joins us but it ain’t over until the fat lady sings.
All jokes aside, I have never claimed to know or have inside info at all. I have been very transparent in in my last few posts why I am confident.

1. They need a half
3. Close with the coach
Why wasn't he negotiating with the Dogs first, he knew his mates were there, Dogs knew he was available.
Gus is a master deal maker?
His recruitment has been abysmal at Canterbury.

Why wasn't he negotiating with the Dogs first, he knew his mates were there, Dogs knew he was available.
Gus is a master deal maker?
His recruitment has been abysmal at Canterbury.
This is what I have been saying. If his mates were such a big factor, he’d have signed November 1. I believe his relationship with Benji trumps playing with his mates at the Dogs.

I believe he wants to make a Nicho Hynes type move. Step out of the shadow of playing in part of the panthers team and become the leading playmaker in the side. He has all the tools to make it as a million dollar half (regardless of what we are paying him) he just needs to find a club that ticks the boxes and we seem to be the best fit. Great connection with his coach and hooker. Strong young rising forward pack to play behind and decent outside backs that will fill out the backline during his 5 yr tenure.
I also believe he is seriously torn between taking on the challenge he desires and sticking to what he knows and leading his mates around.
Side note, he started in his junior club minchinbury at 5/8 and got promoted to HB for his school team. The minchinbury team featured guys that are still some of his best mates but already had an established HB. Because of that he moved to St Mary’s to start a junior career at HB. (Courtesy of Bloke in the Bar Jarome Luai Interview in early 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back