Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a 50/50 bet, but a very expensive bet.
Luai could come to Wests Tigers with a point to prove, become a more complete player, a great leader and give us value for money.
There is also the chance that many people could be right and he’s just been a passenger alongside Cleary all this time and isn’t up to being a dominant playmaker who can make a big difference to a struggling team.

Luai could come to Wests Tigers with a point to prove, become a more complete player, a great leader and give us value for money.
There is also the chance that many people could be right and he’s just been a passenger alongside Cleary all this time and isn’t up to being a dominant playmaker who can make a big difference to a struggling team.
Surely somewhere in the middle is most likely.
Helps to turn us into a competitive team, possibly scrape into the 8 but not capable of truly challenging the top 4.

I don't think that the signing of a three-time premiership winner, World Cup finalist and State of Origin player is a bet at all for a team that is coming off it's second straight spoon.

Jarome Luai is elite. there are question marks about his ability to play halfback in first grade, but history suggests he can certainly play there. give him a preseason back at 7, the allure of being the face of the club away from Cleary's shadow and the chance to nurture this young crop and I guarantee you he will be a success.

the money is a huge part of it, but his competitive nature won't allow him to take a holiday. providing he comes, he will be a revelation.

100%. People on here saying they don't care if he signs or not. I do, I care... I not only want Lui to be a Tiger but I want him now - not in 2025. He is a class above anyone we have in our roster that can play in the halves. He will be an enormous asset and I am looking forward to the combo between himself, Api and Bula.

are you going to “meltdown “ if he backflips?

You realise he's had other priorities lately too? Like an engagement, Christmas with his kids etc..
I agree of course; those are good moments to take a break with family.
Personally, it isn’t my preferred way of doing things. But I get that everyone is different. Eg
1. Many years ago I remember I accepted a job offer a week before I got married. Put me and Mrs in amazing frame of mind for our future.
2. Recently I changed jobs, signed a month ago and starting after Xmas. Hunky dory.

Basically what I’m saying is, besides that xmas is over and he has had his engagement party, that I think people like to sort out their future asap, especially when it’s a life-changing offer.

So, unless Luai is reconsidering or is fielding other offers then it seems unlikely that he is unilaterally taking all this time to get it over the line. Additionally, for any proposed agreement, when there are contractual delays it can mean many things. This inevitably causes frustration and grants time to reevaluate. I just hope this isn’t the case and that it gets done asap.

I agree of course; those are good moments to take a break with family.
Personally, it isn’t my preferred way of doing things. But I get that everyone is different. Eg
1. Many years ago I remember I accepted a job offer a week before I got married. Put me and Mrs in amazing frame of mind for our future.
2. Recently I changed jobs, signed a month ago and starting after Xmas. Hunky dory.

Basically what I’m saying is, besides that xmas is over and he has had his engagement party, that I think people like to sort out their future asap, especially when it’s a life-changing offer.

So, unless Luai is reconsidering or is fielding other offers then it seems unlikely that he is unilaterally taking all this time to get it over the line. Additionally, for any proposed agreement, when there are contractual delays it can mean many things. This inevitably causes frustration and grants time to reevaluate. I just hope this isn’t the case and that it gets done asap.

At the very least Richardson should have stated immediately.

Yeah I went to Doms and played there as a junior but never made it into Matt’s or Fleg (at Penrith) and gave it away after one too many injuries as a young bloke. St Mary’s always had strong sides back then. Assume it’s the same now
Yeah mate. St Marys have a lot of teams and win a lot of comps. Their leagues club is huge and they invest a lot in their juniors. Good opportunities with Sydney Shield and Ron Massey above them too.

My old man was good mates with the boss of St Mary’s leagues back in the day when I was playing. Was even big back then

I don't meltdown over footy. But I would like him to be a Tiger. Good player - above anyone we got atm.

haven’t seen too many saying they don’t want him… although I said if they miss out it won’t be the end of the world …

You got a mate on the Panthers staff leaking details to you … and you know a member of the Luai family as well.. and the best you can do is “announcement could happen at any time “?

You don’t know Richo as well by any chance do you?
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the great man yet

What a complete load of rubbish Magpie magic. man up mate and stick to your word. you have bagged the idea of the petition since it was initiated and regularly posted about the disaster it would bring. At least be a big enough man to admit you were wrong rather than obfuscate and post rubbish trying to justify.
They hadn't agreed to terms.

Prior management was busy lately resigning Api, Stefs upgrade, the deal with Fainu and Sullivan plus John Morris.

Stef was upgraded in Jan 2022. Api extended in July 2023, Fainu signed July 2023, Sullivan August 2023. Luai was not able to sign until November 2023. The board was able to "agree to terms" up until December 2023. Are you seriously suggesting that the board (that only meets once a month) could have agreed to terms with Luai except for the fact that they were still recovering from signing someone 4 months ago? Really?
Timeline of events.

One key plank of Luai' wanting to come here was Marshall's appointment,
Other than Luai saying he was a fan of Benji as a player, you know this how?

which was fast tracked by prior board.
Same board that previously had a 5 year plan that involved Sheens for 2 years. Plan wasnt fast track, the original plan collapsed. I can not believe you are trying to praise the previous board for the plan of instigating Sheens and sacking him less than a year in.

Disagree,

The deal was proceeding prior to changes.

Uh huh....exactly like the JAC, Mitchell Moses & Latrell Mitchell deals.
Board change as well as CEO changes were occurring and considered prior.

The review only fast tracked and gave plausible deniablity to HBG to make changes with least offense especially to Lee and Pascoe.

Really? the only board change in 4 years was Simon Cook falling on his sword. Are you seriously suggesting that these changes would have happened without the review? Are you not the same bloke who was posting here warning about how the review was going to cause disruptive change? That change was going to happen anyway? Get your story straight.

The sacking of the board and installing Richardson is the biggest and most significant change to the Wests Tigers in 12 years and would not have happened without the review and the petition.
A rather condescending deflecting and weak reply below you usual standards.

But typical of your posts when arguing a weak case.
Hang on, is it below my usual standards or typical?
One more like that and your on ignore.
Oh no......please no......please dont ignore me Magpie Magic....how would I continue on?

Last edited:
Disagree,

The deal was proceeding prior to changes.

Board change as well as CEO changes were occurring and considered prior.

The review only fast tracked and gave plausible deniablity to HBG to make changes with least offense especially to Lee and Pascoe.

also Magpie Magic....

"If the owners decide to make changes at board level it will be incremental and over a longer period to ensure a projection of stability to the recently appointed coaches and resigned players." - 11/10/2023

"The HBG must retain control to safeguard the identity of the WT and make sure we aren't siphoned off to Perth or something" - 24/10/2032

haven’t seen too many saying they don’t want him… although I said if they miss out it won’t be the end of the world …
Pretty much the only way to look at it really. If he signs, fantastic, but it’s not until 2025 anyway. Anything could happen before then, the world could end, anyone of Fainu, Sullivan, Galvin or Sezer could turn out to be a revelation and we may not end up needing him. Oh and did I mention the world could end? 2025 - It’s a lifetime away! We’re not even guaranteed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back