Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement in Jan now?
Unless Luai has reservations or is entertaining other offers, this long, drawn-out signing stuff from WT is ridiculous and so amateur.
Even though it will still be incredible and exciting to land him, it will now be met with considerable degree of relief from fans.
This is just not the way to do it.
The word has been out for weeks now.
For future signings, they should be done swiftly, with conditions that do not allow for these crap delays. Signings and announcements should be made ASAP, especially if the media have reported it. Otherwise it not only sucks the life right out of it from a fan perspective, it gives cause for doubt, plus the opportunity for the player to back out.
And if that happens, well, that would be just terrible for many reasons.
Hard to seal a deal quickly when the NRL make the stupid decision have a ten day cooling off period bcoz players are so stupid they can’t make a decision and stick to it. Then when they do make a decision and sign to say they finally made a decision, they need another 10 days to mull over their decision to make a decision. It makes them all look like Idiots.
I don’t think I have ever changed my mind during a COP and is I was gunna I reckon I’d know the next day.
They certainly didn’t bring the 10 day COP in for the benefit of the fans.

All I know is the board and CEO upheaval is obviously causing delays with Luai.
Was concerned that the deal may fall through altogether with bad press which thankfully didn't eventuate from the petition and upheaval but the Luai deal would have been done without changes even though some of the changes especially Richardson's appointment are good ones.

Richardson doesn't start till the 8th......obviously shares Pascoe's tradition re holidays.

Still expect him to be here but the delays do create a risk of a change of heart.

Last edited:
Was concerned that the deal may fall through altogether with bad press which thankfully didn't eventuate from the petition and upheaval but the Luai deal would have been done without changes even though some of the changes especially Richardson's appointment are good ones.

Richardson doesn't start till the 8th......obviously shares Pascoe's tradition re holidays.

Still expect him to be here but the delays do create a risk of a change of heart.
That is not the case, Luai didn't agree to sign until Richo got involved .

Could it be possible that the 10 day cooling off period elapsed and our offer was turned down to renegotiate with Penrith? Not really sure how these new rules work.
Delaying an announcement doesn't really make sense to me if he had signed on 15th or 16th Dec.

That is not the case, Luai didn't agree to sign until Richo got involved .
Not true.

Negotiations were proceeding prior..

Richardson hopefully closing the deal is only due to the timeline of events.

I might add it is a little irresponsible from him not to start immediately given the vacuum that exists.

Anyway, still expect all will be good but it is my belief without changes the deal would have been sealed.

And I'm happy Pascoe has been replaced.

Last edited:

Well... this one was shot down quicker then a one eyed drunk duck!

Not true.

Richardson hopefully closing the deal is only due to the timeline of events.

I might add it is a little irresponsible from him not to start immediately given the vacuum that exists.

Anyway, still expect all will be good but it is my belief without changes the deal would have been sealed.

And I'm happy Pascoe has been replaced.
Your belief is the key part of your post

didn’t he say he was starting on the 2nd?

Not true.

As were negotiations with Mitchell Moses, Latrell Mitchell, Josh addo Carr etc etc etc. Luai did not agree to sign until Richardson got involved. Would not have happened without the board changes....which I will add, for your benefit, would not have happened without the review, which would not have happened without the petition.

Aloe vera may assist any burning sensations you may be experiencing.

Hard to seal a deal quickly when the NRL make the stupid decision have a ten day cooling off period bcoz players are so stupid they can’t make a decision and stick to it. Then when they do make a decision and sign to say they finally made a decision, they need another 10 days to mull over their decision to make a decision. It makes them all look like Idiots.
I don’t think I have ever changed my mind during a COP and is I was gunna I reckon I’d know the next day.
They certainly didn’t bring the 10 day COP in for the benefit of the fans.
If he’s accepted the offer to trigger the 10 day cooling off period (which my understanding is he has to then sign at the expiry of) he would either have signed and it’s done just waiting to be announced or he’s rejected the offer. I’m confused on the rules around what happens after day 10 of this new rule of the player doesn’t sign. Is the offer dead in the water or is it still live and if the player decides on day 30 there’s no cooling off period?

As were negotiations with Mitchell Moses, Latrell Mitchell, Josh addo Carr etc etc etc.
They hadn't agreed to terms.

Prior management was busy lately resigning Api, Stefs upgrade, the deal with Fainu and Sullivan plus John Morris.

Luai did not agree to sign until Richardson got involved.
Timeline of events.

One key plank of Luai' wanting to come here was Marshall's appointment, which was fast tracked by prior board.

There is nothing to indicate the Luai was needing a new board and CEO to sign the club.

Would not have happened without the board changes....which I will add, for your benefit, would not have happened without the review, which would not have happened without the petition.
Disagree,

The deal was proceeding prior to changes.

Board change as well as CEO changes were occurring and considered prior.

The review only fast tracked and gave plausible deniablity to HBG to make changes with least offense especially to Lee and Pascoe.
Aloe vera may assist any burning sensations you may be experiencing.

A rather condescending deflecting and weak reply below you usual standards.

But typical of your posts when arguing a weak case.

One more like that and your on ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Haha nah. I was just giving a hypothetical. There’s no comparison between Luai and the young halves we already have.
100%. People on here saying they don't care if he signs or not. I do, I care... I not only want Lui to be a Tiger but I want him now - not in 2025. He is a class above anyone we have in our roster that can play in the halves. He will be an enormous asset and I am looking forward to the combo between himself, Api and Bula.

100%. People on here saying they don't care if he signs or not. I do, I care... I not only want Lui to be a Tiger but I want him now - not in 2025. He is a class above anyone we have in our roster that can play in the halves. He will be an enormous asset and I am looking forward to the combo between himself, Api and Bula.
Totally. 👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back