Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

He's playing like he's been told not to overplay his hand, so he isn't playing his hand at all.
He isn't running. You have to run Bud.
What happened to the guy who is electric off the mark and has great evasion.
He's just shoveling at the moment.
If so, I like the Med to Long term approach by Coach Benji.

Very Bennett like.

He's playing like he's been told not to overplay his hand, so he isn't playing his hand at all.

Might be the dud Hamstring we bought him with....

Not sure why anyone had faith in Sullivan to suddenly transform this team given his recent history. Fringe first grader in a bottom 4 team and unwanted by that club. He is young enough to improve but there is nothing to suggest he has the ability to make a significant difference to this team.

Not sure why anyone had faith in Sullivan to suddenly transform this team given his recent history. Fringe first grader in a bottom 4 team and unwanted by that club. He is young enough to improve but there is nothing to suggest he has the ability to make a significant difference to this team.
A lot of my mates who are Dragons fans were angry at him joining the Tigers.

Tons of potential,

I will give him a season or 2

I would like to see him with dedicated time as a direct 7 with the remit to steer us around the park.

I don’t think he is a wider running half and is wasted as a 2nd receiver.

I hope that Bud's poor first stint was down to playing within himself as it was a trial. I'd say Marshall would've given him a rocket and Galvin's performance definitely evoked a response, which finally saw him run the football.

he's lucky that it was a preseason game, because if he's left at the gates again come the real thing he won't be playing first grade much longer.

A lot of my mates who are Dragons fans were angry at him joining the Tigers.

Tons of potential,

I will give him a season or 2
Sezer, Fainu, Galvin and Bud all vying for one spot for next year.

Fainu and Galvin will probably stick around for a season or two in lower grades but Bud IMO only has one year left to make it in the NRL. If you have had an NRL contract for almost 5 years and can't make it into the first grade team with the two worst teams ever then you're probably ready for Super League.

He needs to understand his strengths. Good runner of the ball. Decent short kicking game.

Playing 6 or 7, he needs to attack the line & draw in defenders.

And he cannot be a liability in defence.

I'd say he gets first crack. I expect Galvin to play wider to start his NRL career.

He needs to understand his strengths. Good runner of the ball. Decent short kicking game.

Playing 6 or 7, he needs to attack the line & draw in defenders.

And he cannot be a liability in defence.

I'd say he gets first crack. I expect Galvin to play wider to start his NRL career.
Bud at 7, Fainu at 6 and Galvin at 14.
We don’t need old man Sezer slowing us down, we are a slow enough team as it is.

Bud at 7, Fainu at 6 and Galvin at 14.
We don’t need old man Sezer slowing us down, we are a slow enough team as it is.
Not a lot of 1st grade experience in that trio, but that could be the line up if we have injury or not doing so well.

I would like to see him with dedicated time as a direct 7 with the remit to steer us around the park.

I don’t think he is a wider running half and is wasted as a 2nd receiver.

Yep. On the ball more for sure. Only want to see him get it wider when a middle plays link man very straight. I really think we have nothing to lose in backing the kids.

Has been described as a player that has potential but does not have the dedication or aptitude to do the hard yards.

The biggest criticism I had of Brooksy was he wasn’t a big talker/leader. Could he be the boss?

Feels a bit like Bud too.

Homesick when he moved an hr from home.

This was what I was wondering when watching him play in the trials. Geez I hope Benji doesn't fall back to a boring, no mistakes style of play. We'll get nowhere if that's the style of play he is looking for.

This was what I was wondering when watching him play in the trials. Geez I hope Benji doesn't fall back to a boring, no mistakes style of play. We'll get nowhere if that's the style of play he is looking for.
You may have seen a previous post of mine that highlighted how a lot of rookie coaches look to play to “not lose” rather than play” to win.”Huge difference.
Take Webster as a great example of playing to win by utilising his human resources. Problem is we are still a bit thin on the ground in a few areas.
If he perseveres with Sezer then imo it will tend to be steady as she goes with an accurate kick. If he goes away from that I feel sure it will be more dynamic, but how successful, difficult to say.

Sometimes a change of coach or club can be just what's needed.
Yiu you agree yourself that improvement is possible
Until we know for certain we just never know... That's the beauty of sport and recruitment is always a bit of a gamble
If all our new recruits can improve the team.by the slightest margin then that's a start
Logic and my gut instinct told.me. I think Olam won't work.out but I've deliberately gone against my gut feel in the hope he... And all the new blokes... Are succesful here

I'd rather have a bit of hope of positivity until that's proved wrong... Can't go thru life negative (that's not at you TT) just a point in general

Sometimes a change of coach or club can be just what's needed.
Yiu you agree yourself that improvement is possible
Until we know for certain we just never know... That's the beauty of sport and recruitment is always a bit of a gamble
If all our new recruits can improve the team.by the slightest margin then that's a start
Logic and my gut instinct told.me. I think Olam won't work.out but I've deliberately gone against my gut feel in the hope he... And all the new blokes... Are succesful here

I'd rather have a bit of hope of positivity until that's proved wrong... Can't go thru life negative (that's not at you TT) just a point in general
Truthfully I am feeling really despondent about our team and it's chances this season. I looked at the team lists for the two games in Vegas and it just struck me how bog average our best is compared to other clubs. I hope I'm wrong about Sullivan and the team, but I have become convinced that too many of our players don't have the right mindset to lift our team and the only thing that might change that is winning more games - something that increasingly has become more difficult for this club.I definitely sit on the negative side of things - which I hate - but having difficulty seeing any light at the end of the tunnel ATM. Hope they make me eat my words.

Latest posts

Back