Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

Truthfully I am feeling really despondent about our team and it's chances this season. I looked at the team lists for the two games in Vegas and it just struck me how bog average our best is compared to other clubs. I hope I'm wrong about Sullivan and the team, but I have become convinced that too many of our players don't have the right mindset to lift our team and the only thing that might change that is winning more games - something that increasingly has become more difficult for this club.I definitely sit on the negative side of things - which I hate - but having difficulty seeing any light at the end of the tunnel ATM. Hope they make me eat my words.
Telltails,I can see where your coming from in regard to looking at other teams and then looking at ours,it does look dim for us if you look at it that way,however,dont write us off to early we have plenty of YOUTH and INEXPERIENCE this year,hence Sezar.Api,Bateman,Klem and Paps will have to teach and drive the younger guys showing them whats needed in the NRL arena..
Benji is a superstar player that now has to convert that ability into coaching this group,I just hope he has what it takes to become a great coach as well,but he needs the time and opportunity to show us...
I think once this lot get it together we will be a force and it maybe just around the corner...hang in there mate as we all have since 2000...

I would like to see him with dedicated time as a direct 7 with the remit to steer us around the park.

I don’t think he is a wider running half and is wasted as a 2nd receiver.
I think he may have modelled his game on Adam Reynolds? He looks more comfortable at 7.

Truthfully I am feeling really despondent about our team and its chances this season. I looked at the team lists for the two games in Vegas and it just struck me how bog average our best is compared to other clubs. I hope I'm wrong about Sullivan and the team, but I have become convinced that too many of our players don't have the right mindset to lift our team and the only thing that might change that is winning more games - something that increasingly has become more difficult for this club.I definitely sit on the negative side of things - which I hate - but having difficulty seeing any light at the end of the tunnel ATM. Hope they make me eat my words.
Have to agree Telltails. It’s not in my nature to be comfortable continuously losing either. The club wants more money from us but I don’t want to give them any while they continue to make very poor decisions. This position is infuriating because I want to do something to help, and I know throwing dollars onto a long shot hardly ever comes off.
I feel another spoon is winnable, but I’m hoping the first 6 games will show positive signs that our coaching staff and current roster are up to the task.
Its heartbreaking being a loyal Tigers fan.

Have to agree Telltails. It’s not in my nature to be comfortable continuously losing either. The club wants more money from us but I don’t want to give them any while they continue to make very poor decisions. This position is infuriating because I want to do something to help, and I know throwing dollars onto a long shot hardly ever comes off.
I feel another spoon is winnable, but I’m hoping the first 6 games will show positive signs that our coaching staff and current roster are up to the task.
Its heartbreaking being a loyal Tigers fan.
I am going to disagree.

Our roster isn't great, it isn't poor.
Our performance is POOR!

Particularly in the front row we have so many good players, Stef, Klem, Bateman, Api... That also refects on the 2023 performance where our front row was ranked 8th among teams.

^This is BAD. Very bad.

Our problem isn't our roster. As we saw, St George did us in and I reckon our team was better on paper.

Our problem is our performance. We turn up FLAT as a tac to games and that needs to change. Were not tacking, we are making basic and easy errors, it's like were a step below first grade*.

If our roster was the problem we would be coming 11-14th. It's our performance that Sucks, and that's why were 17th.

*I actually reckon First grade has gone up a level. Everyone has been copying the Melbourne storm and have started copying successfully. We have stagnated and that's why were behind.

Truthfully I am feeling really despondent about our team and it's chances this season. I looked at the team lists for the two games in Vegas and it just struck me how bog average our best is compared to other clubs. I hope I'm wrong about Sullivan and the team, but I have become convinced that too many of our players don't have the right mindset to lift our team and the only thing that might change that is winning more games - something that increasingly has become more difficult for this club.I definitely sit on the negative side of things - which I hate - but having difficulty seeing any light at the end of the tunnel ATM. Hope they make me eat my words.
I, like you, tend toward negativity with this seasons offering both with the squad and the coaching. I remind myself that it's early days for the team and coach and all need time to gel. I also remind myself that behind the scenes there is a new manager at work and that gives me hope.

I am going to disagree.

Our roster isn't great, it isn't poor.
Our performance is POOR!

Particularly in the front row we have so many good players, Stef, Klem, Bateman, Api... That also refects on the 2023 performance where our front row was ranked 8th among teams.

^This is BAD. Very bad.

Our problem isn't our roster. As we saw, St George did us in and I reckon our team was better on paper.

Our problem is our performance. We turn up FLAT as a tac to games and that needs to change. Were not tacking, we are making basic and easy errors, it's like were a step below first grade*.

If our roster was the problem we would be coming 11-14th. It's our performance that Sucks, and that's why were 17th.

*I actually reckon First grade has gone up a level. Everyone has been copying the Melbourne storm and have started copying successfully. We have stagnated and that's why were behind.

Yes, you could see right from the start we hadnt turned up, weve all seen it before, I noticed it almost immediately and was hoping against hope I was wrong, but no.
Players waiting for someone else to do it...no leadership or direction...seen this horror show before

Chin up mate, as the Chinese say “ don’t die twice”, lets see what the guys can do in the first few rounds and then reassess.

What’s that Fluke or Juke guy doing these days? What’s his name again?

Should have been a red flag when a team like the Dragons were willing to let him go.

Back