OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Breakdown of the tries from the game from the Panthers team
A shame we have to rely on our opposition for such a run down.. would be great if the club could produce something similar and turn it around just as quickly

Last edited:
Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 8 vs. Storm

Saturday, April 27 - 1:20 p.m. AEST
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Faaletino Tavana
2. Will Craig
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. Tutonu Junior Wright
6. Naati Teaupa
7. Iverson Matai
8. Herman Tofaeono
9. Cayne Nicholas (c)
10. Vaka Aho
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Maxwell Taotua
13. Zakauri Clarke

21. Thomas Fisher
15. Metuisela Taungatua
16. John Tuipulotu
22. Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere

20. Jonathan Ibrahim
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Vaka Aho, Zakauri Clarke, Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere

OUTS: Sione Vaihu (NSW Cup), Bailey Hodges, Chris Faagutu

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 8 vs. Storm

Saturday, April 27 - 1:20 p.m. AEST
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Faaletino Tavana
2. Will Craig
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. Tutonu Junior Wright
6. Naati Teaupa
7. Iverson Matai
8. Herman Tofaeono
9. Cayne Nicholas (c)
10. Vaka Aho
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Maxwell Taotua
13. Zakauri Clarke

21. Thomas Fisher
15. Metuisela Taungatua
16. John Tuipulotu
22. Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere

20. Jonathan Ibrahim

INS: Vaka Aho, Zakauri Clarke, Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere

OUTS: Sione Vaihu (NSW Cup), Bailey Hodges, Chris Faagutu
Disappointed that Faagutu is out this week. Will be heading to watch the game and was keen to see him rip in!

I see Faagutu & Saukuru played today in Ron Massey and bagged themselves a try each. Maybe getting them ready for Cup possibly?
There's no excuses for demoting players in such a way. Massey is a long way behind Flegg in quality. Who cares about age, these boys need to be playing against quality opponents. I'd even like to see Miller playing big mins in Flegg to get his fitness up.

There's no excuses for demoting players in such a way. Massey is a long way behind Flegg in quality. Who cares about age, these boys need to be playing against quality opponents. I'd even like to see Miller playing big mins in Flegg to get his fitness up.
I hope there is a method to the madness. Surely its not helpful for guys to be playing across 3 squads. I know they were trying to fit a style of play through all grades but it must be so difficult to build combinations

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Friday, May 3 - 7:00 p.m. AEST
Belmore Sports Ground, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Faaletino Tavana
2. Tutonu Junior Wright
3. Maxwell Taotua
4. Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere
5. Will Craig
6. Naati Teaupa
7. Iverson Matai
8. Herman Tofaeono
9. Bailey Hodges
10. John Tuipulotu
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

14. Thomas Fisher
15. Metuisela Taungatua
16. Vaka Aho
17. Fangavalu Hammond

18. Jonathan Ibrahim
19. Kobie Wilson

INS: Bailey Hodges, Thomas Fisher, Vaka Aho

OUTS: Jonathan Ibrahim, Joshua Coinakis, Tristyn Ball

Who should I we be keeping an eye on in this grade? I haven’t heard many of these names been mentioned as future stars

Does any 1 know what’s going on with navren willet? Injured?

Who should I we be keeping an eye on in this grade? I haven’t heard many of these names been mentioned as future stars

The only players from this week’s 17 that have trained with the NRL squad before are Craig, Matai and Nicholas.

Haven’t seen much of them this year but seem to punch above their weight, must be a tough side.

Not sure regarding Willett.

From what I've seen so far this year, our starting forwards are good and we have depth in our middles with Aho, Tuipolotu, Herman and Faagutu (playing cup this weekend). Our backrow in Clarke and Broederlow have been strong and solid and while Nicholas is on the smaller side at lock, his defense is up there.

Look for Hodges to be finding holes on the back of our PTB area too. Junior Wright is a big strong winger who hits hard and runs hard. Lastly Iverson Matai since coming back down from Cup he's looked the goods.

Overall the teams been doing great hence why they're coming 2nd and are on a three game winning streak

From what I've seen so far this year, our starting forwards are good and we have depth in our middles with Aho, Tuipolotu, Herman and Faagutu (playing cup this weekend). Our backrow in Clarke and Broederlow have been strong and solid and while Nicholas is on the smaller side at lock, his defense is up there.

Look for Hodges to be finding holes on the back of our PTB area too. Junior Wright is a big strong winger who hits hard and runs hard. Lastly Iverson Matai since coming back down from Cup he's looked the goods.

Overall the teams been doing great hence why they're coming 2nd and are on a three game winning streak
Good to hear cheers for the update mate

I honestly didn’t expect anything from this team just because I hadn’t heard of any of the names so it’s good to see there going well

Good to hear cheers for the update mate

I honestly didn’t expect anything from this team just because I hadn’t heard of any of the names so it’s good to see there going well
Didn't get me wrong they have had a few games where they've had major brain explosions eg. their last loss against the storm where they had two shoulder charges and our edge defence can be a little bit suspect at times, and I don't want to overhype these kids in any way, but they've somehow found a way to get the win over a few top teams that aren't the Canberra Raiders which has been great for them.

Good summary. I agree with the players you mentioned. On ability, we'd have one of the best forward packs in Flegg.

Great to see Herman starting, hope Aho can get a clear run without injuries I rate him highly & love what Broederlow brings in attack, defence & effort. Nicholas is rated highly for his work ethic, character, leadership etc.

We have decent halves especially when Matai is playing. It's our outside backs where we can be found out & there has been a lot of chopping and changing there this season. Max Taotua has the tools to be a very good centre up from Ball. I haven't seen much of Tino Tavana this season but I did rate him highly last season in SG Ball, not sure he's a fullback though moreso a winger with very good aerial skills & athleticism.

Have been disappointed with Will Craig's defensive efforts in both SG Ball & so far in Flegg so hope to see a big improvement there over the next few weeks especially considering as he goes on a Dev contract next season.

Latest posts

Back