OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Heard a flegg coach rate our Cayne Nicholas as one of the best players he's coached. Models his game at 13 pat carrigan player.
He's talented, but not sure he has the size to make it in the nrl. He's more Darren Senter to me, albeit when he was a lock not hooker.

He's talented, but not sure he has the size to make it in the nrl. He's more Darren Senter to me, albeit when he was a lock not hooker.
The Brandon Smith that played with Melbourne is of moderate dimensions and played with plenty of heart. From all accounts, Nicholas is an intelligent young man and works very hard on his game. We just have to see whether a good attitude and brains is enough.

Definitely. We were up for the game today, but just shot ourselves in the foot. The fact Saukuru was 18th man gives me hope a selection isn't far away.

Ghantous looks a good solid player, but not the same game breaking ability as Da Silva.
Thanks for the updates.

Up against Henry O’Kane at the Sharks.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/05/30/team-list-jersey-flegg-cup-round-14-vs-raiders/

It would be interesting to see how Henry O’Kane stacks up again our up and coming backrowers.
I know Joe Offa is a lock/mid but with club letting him go to save $ . We need another option at lock.
Well I think these boys will hold their own and it'll be different as Harry O'Kane been named on an edge while our boys are in the middle. Also I think Faagutu and Laulilii are our best options at 13 even more so than Nicholas in my opinion, we just got to give them a bit of experience befoeehand

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 14 vs. Sharks

Saturday, June 3 - 5:20 p.m. AEST
PointsBet Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS: UPDATED TEAM

1. Emmanuel Kandidakis
2. Harrison Henson
3. Josh Feledy
4. Livai Saukuru
5. Jay Kirk
6. Michael Tannous
7. Iverson Matai
16. Tray Lolesio
9. Danny Ghantous
23. Apisalome Saukuru
11. Sione Vaihu
22. Brandon Tumeth
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

10. Herman Tofaeono
12. Mitchell Chester
18. Kit Laulilii
17. Christopher Faagutu

8. Finnley Neilsen
Coach: Scott Kenna

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 14 vs. Sharks

Saturday, June 3 - 5:20 p.m. AEST
PointsBet Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS: UPDATED TEAM

1. Emmanuel Kandidakis
2. Harrison Henson
3. Josh Feledy
4. Livai Saukuru
5. Jay Kirk
6. Michael Tannous
7. Iverson Matai
16. Tray Lolesio
9. Danny Ghantous
23. Apisalome Saukuru
11. Sione Vaihu
22. Brandon Tumeth
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

10. Herman Tofaeono
12. Mitchell Chester
18. Kit Laulilii
17. Christopher Faagutu

8. Finnley Neilsen
Coach: Scott Kenna
Tumeth back in Flegg.

I like him and he and his family are all real fans...but just not sure he will make it.

He is so small and has not stood out at all in state cup. That 3 year NRL deal looks like a bad decision / great luck for him.

Tumeth back in Flegg.

I like him and he and his family are all real fans...but just not sure he will make it.

He is so small and has not stood out at all in state cup. That 3 year NRL deal looks like a bad decision / great luck for him.
Give him time @ElleryHanley , we’ll regret it 5 years time if we don’t keep him. Only just turned 20 and another couple of pre-seasons in gym & building confidence with the older boys, he’ll be a Jaydn Sua type I reckon.

From Daily Tele last year:

EMMANUEL KANDIDAKIS

Came to South Eastern from the Rabbitohs system and hasn’t taken a backwards step.

“Plays in the centres and is big. A freak of a talent,” Trindall said.

“Played SG Ball for Souths this year and got promoted to the U21s. Now has come back and loving it.

“Had a blinder of a year and he’s a big danger man.”

———
This season has been playing with Ryde-Eastwood Hawks in Metro Open grade.

Give him time @ElleryHanley , we’ll regret it 5 years time if we don’t keep him. Only just turned 20 and another couple of pre-seasons in gym & building confidence with the older boys, he’ll be a Jaydn Sua type I reckon.
Jaydn Sua is about 5 inches taller and 20kg heavier than Tumeth. Tumeth won’t grow any taller and doesn’t have the frame to put on much more weight. As Ellery said, it was a bad decision. The worst part was it was pretty clear he would struggle to keep up physically as he went up through the grades. I hope he makes it but I think it’s very unlikely.

Jaydn Sua is about 5 inches taller and 20kg heavier than Tumeth. Tumeth won’t grow any taller and doesn’t have the frame to put on much more weight. As Ellery said, it was a bad decision. The worst part was it was pretty clear he would struggle to keep up physically as he went up through the grades. I hope he makes it but I think it’s very unlikely.
Only time will tell & Tumeth will add more bulk. Very good hole-runner, strong defensively & good attitude.

The stats could be wrong but the comment on Cameron Murray is he gives away 15kgs to bigger forwards. It doesn't impact his game.

Brandon Tumeth is 97kgs and 6ft

Cameron Murray is 95 to 100kgs and 6ft.
So many stats - but it all comes down to ticker.
Hope he becomes the player the coaches already see.

From Daily Tele last year:

EMMANUEL KANDIDAKIS

Came to South Eastern from the Rabbitohs system and hasn’t taken a backwards step.

“Plays in the centres and is big. A freak of a talent,” Trindall said.

“Played SG Ball for Souths this year and got promoted to the U21s. Now has come back and loving it.

“Had a blinder of a year and he’s a big danger man.”

———
This season has been playing with Ryde-Eastwood Hawks in Metro Open grade.
Going to the game @ Shark Park.
Will be watching to see how he goes. Not a bad Flegg side and bench!

Ohh, and forgot to comment on I wonder who will do the kicking now with Camroux in KOE? Field and goal?
Livai Saukuru has dropped down from NSW Cup and I am pretty sure he is a handy goal kicker.

Iverson Matai should assume most of the general play kicking (kicking game is supposedly one of his major strengths).

Yeah, I hope he makes it. I cant see Sua...more like a smaller, toiler type...

At this stage it looks like BWM has already gone past Tumeth though. So, he will need an NRL deal also and we already have a lot of backrowers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back