OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Yeah, I hope he makes it. I cant see Sua...more like a smaller, toiler type...

At this stage it looks like BWM has already gone past Tumeth though. So, he will need an NRL deal also and we already have a lot of backrowers.
Pretty sure Mansfield's Development deal automatically gets upgraded to Top 30 in 2024.

Have included him in the 2024 Top 30 in the Roster Breakdown thread.

I would be 'very' surprised if Tumeth is Murray's size.
I watched Tumeth play his minutes in the NRL trial and his defence looked very solid for such a young player. His strength with the ball is hitting holes. He looked solid in defence again last weekend. I watched BWM last weekend and he looked mobile, His defence lets him down and he seemed unable to stick.

I watched Tumeth play his minutes in the NRL trial and his defence looked very solid for such a young player. His strength with the ball is hitting holes. He looked solid in defence again last weekend. I watched BWM last weekend and he looked mobile, His defence lets him down and he seemed unable to stick.
I reckon we definitely have a place for both in our extended squad with a couple of well established 2nd rowers in Ice and Bateman currently occupying NRL spots. Both Tumeth and BWM bring different attributes and it will be interesting to see how they develop over the next 18 months. Getting regular game time will be crucial for their development though (not the past month of limited minutes for BWM).

Anyone have any updates on how our boys are going? I see we're up 8-6 with 7-8mins to go

A week of heartbreak. The NSW Blues, first grade, my girl’s soccer team and now Jersey Flegg. All throwing away late game leads. Devastating.
Always next week…

Pretty sure Mansfield's Development deal automatically gets upgraded to Top 30 in 2024.

Have included him in the 2024 Top 30 in the Roster Breakdown thread.

Why would you think it automatic kicks over? Most dev contracts don't, only if the club uses it as an intro test to first grade.

Jaydn Sua is about 5 inches taller and 20kg heavier than Tumeth. Tumeth won’t grow any taller and doesn’t have the frame to put on much more weight. As Ellery said, it was a bad decision. The worst part was it was pretty clear he would struggle to keep up physically as he went up through the grades. I hope he makes it but I think it’s very unlikely.
Are you high?
While being a couple of cm taller, tumeth and sua are practically the same size. Given he's 5 years younger tumeth is still going to fill out more too.

He just needs to play every week, get minutes and develop. He's a competitor and a grinder, if not a flashy type

Why would you think it automatic kicks over? Most dev contracts don't, only if the club uses it as an intro test to first grade.
Heard it from someone I know, who also told me last season that Lomi Saukuru’s Dev contract was automatically kicking over to Top 30 (which ended up being the case).

It does seem like a lot of the time our track-record with multi-year Dev contracts is that the second year is usually a Top 30 (Feledy is Top 30 for 2024 and 2025 too).

Heard it from someone I know, who also told me last season that Lomi Saukuru’s Dev contract was automatically kicking over to Top 30 (which ended up being the case).

It does seem like a lot of the time our track-record with multi-year Dev contracts is that the second year is usually a Top 30 (Feledy is Top 30 for 2024 and 2025 too).
Ok fair enough.
And yes, we are the worst club in the league when it comes to development contracts. Most Dev players don't make first grade, yet we've had this atrocious habit of offerings all Devs an NRL contract add on, before a player has earnt it.

I do at least think bwm is a much better prospect than Lomi

Are you high?
While being a couple of cm taller, tumeth and sua are practically the same size. Given he's 5 years younger tumeth is still going to fill out more too.

He just needs to play every week, get minutes and develop. He's a competitor and a grinder, if not a flashy type
First sentence sums him up 😁

Sua does injury rehab and some off-season training at the park across the road from where I live. I’ve seen him up close plenty of times. He’s massive. A different body type to Tumeth.

Members online

Back