OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Its the minutes on the field. Agree he is strong when on, but short spells only ATM.
He sometimes played 60 mins in Matts. Has a decent engine on him. Probably more effective in shorter bursts at this stage, but he doesn't improve the engine by not playing and pushing himself either.

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 17 vs. Bulldogs

Saturday, June 24 - 12:00 p.m. AEST
Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS: UPDATED TEAM

1. Trey Peni
2. Solomone Saukuru
3. Josh Feledy
4. Sione Vaihu
5. Jay Kirk
6. Iverson Matai
7. Mitchell Chester
23. Jackson Owen
9. Michael Tannous
16. Tray Lolesio
22. Brandon Tumeth
12. Tony Sukkar
13. Apisalome Saukuru

11. Cayne Nicholas (c)
8. Kit Laulilii
18. Christopher Faagutu
17. Compton Fuatimau

10. Herman Tofaeono
Coach: Scott Kenna

Not a bad result based on the tries being equal and where we are and they are on the ladder

And Kirk let in 2 tries by his opp. winger!
It is not ideal but I don't mind it for the reason he will learn from those errors. He is big, very fast, can finish and has a good combination with Feledy. This should be nutured and no doubt he will be working hard on his defence. JAC wasn't the greatest defender when he first appeared.

It is not ideal but I don't mind it for the reason he will learn from those errors. He is big, very fast, can finish and has a good combination with Feledy. This should be nutured and no doubt he will be working hard on his defence. JAC wasn't the greatest defender when he first appeared.
Kids need time to develop, defence is the hardest part of the game to learn, attacking is easy.
Developing the team/ players together so they have an understanding of each others game and what is required at any moment.

Many thousands of talented kids didn’t want it enough
Watching my own kids grow up there are several reasons for kids with talent to not kick on:
- interests change
- parents have been pushing too hard
- mates doing other 'more interesting' things
- being talented they don't know what 'work' is cause they've never had to do it
- and as you said just don't want it enough

Exactly, last year he defended well. I thought he showed great promise.
This year copying other grades and rushing in to the centre, no trust in his centre to do their job, and leaving the winger unmarked and no cover defence! We see it every week in NRL.
Coaches need to give their centres a rocket or get faster centres. The big tackle busting centres look good in lower grades but at NRL level they get tackled. And too big and slow to defend, hence winger comes in and Bingo! An overlap. Frustrating, and no cover defence.

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 18 vs. Eels

Saturday, July 1 - 4:00 p.m. AEST
Ringrose Park, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Trey Peni
2. Solomone Saukuru
3. Josh Feledy
4. Sione Vaihu
5. Jay Kirk
6. Iverson Matai
7. Mitchell Chester
8. Jackson Owen