Jock Madden

When you have Hastings dominating the touches and also AD play making, Madden is the perfect 7 because he doesn’t over play his hand

I've seen him overplay his hand in reserves. He doesn't have to and isn't meant to in first grade. He can be the secondary half.

F A C T S 💯
Nofo is a first grader everywhere except his mental make up. Given we have him for another 3/4 years on good coin we can only hope his short stint in Melbourne improves his attitude. We don’t want to be paying another club $200k per year for the next few seasons to take him off our hands.

Still not happy that Ben Gardiner hasn't got a spot next season.

Would have liked to see him coaching KOE again next season at least.
Wayne Lambkin, the current KOE Cup coach, has the links to a lot of our good juniors through his school connections. We could only keep one of Lambkin and Gardiner following the recent appointments and I believe the club kept Lambkin so as not to risk losing some of our good juniors, even though I feel Gardiner is the better coach.

Wayne Lambkin, the current KOE Cup coach, has the links to a lot of our good juniors through his school connections. We could only keep one of Lambkin and Gardiner following the recent appointments and I believe the club kept Lambkin so as not to risk losing some of our good juniors, even though I feel Gardiner is the better coach.
Fair comment.

Ben Gardiner seems well like by the players and he has a high enough profile in the game to get a gig somewhere I'm fairly sure.

Was actually just looking at his LinkedIn profile and he has a fairly impressive resume.

I really liked what I saw from a pairing of Jock and Adam.

Shows a lot of promise.

Second half especially when AD stopped trying to do everything on his own.

I think it could be a success moving forward.

I
I also wonder if the club wants to make a clean break from the Madge era given Gardiner was brought over by Madge.

Back