Joe Ofahengaue #240

@the_third said in [Ofahengaue focused on Storm clash](/post/1391245) said:
@geo said in [Ofahengaue focused on Storm clash](/post/1391242) said:
I would hope everyone was focussed on the Storm game..

I hope he's focused in TPJ

I don't know what internet provided he uses..

Ofahengaue determined to get one over former teammates
Author - Michael Blok
Timestamp - Thu 15 Jul 2021, 01:28 PM

When Joe Ofahengaue signed with Wests Tigers, the first game he circled in his calendar was Round 18’s clash against the Broncos.

A proud Ipswich boy, Ofahengaue has been anticipating his return to Brisbane since leaving the club following 108 games in maroon and gold.

He gets his chance to return to Suncorp Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

“It’s going to be a bit different, but I can’t wait to get out there and compete with them,” Ofahengaue said.

“I’ll be playing against boys I grew up with, pretty much my whole career. Alex Glenn — one of my closest mates — he taught me everything when I was at the Broncos.

“It’s going to be bittersweet for me returning to Suncorp Stadium — I love playing in that arena and I think it’s the best stadium we’ve got in Australia. It’s going to be a bit of fun.

“I just want to win. We’ve got to get a win under our belt. I’m going to do everything I can to make this team win.”

Not only will Ofahengaue return to Brisbane for the Round 18 match, he and his teammates will be based in the Queensland capital for at least a month with Wests Tigers relocating north due to the COVID-19 situation in Sydney.

“I was really excited when I found out we were going away together for the next few weeks,” he said.

“It’s going to help us get closer together. It will give us an opportunity to hang around a player than you don’t normally hang around as much. For us it’s a positive thing.

“It’s all been smooth sailing and the NRL has done really well to keep the game going and making our transition as easy as possible, especially for our families.”

@snake said in [Ofahengaue determined to get over former teammates](/post/1416342) said:
Was hoping Fluff pieces might be stopped at the border .

I reckon it’s better than the other cliche interviews tho

Ofahegaue has been doing his job..like him coming off the bench.. we have come back into games ..his injection has been a part of that..

No offence to Joe O, but he doesn't understand this club. Saying anything about desire to win here is a guarantee we're going to lose. We're no chance now. The big games which matter to us we're certain to choke. Sorry Joe.

![Screenshot_20210915-081701_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1631657865485-screenshot_20210915-081701_instagram.jpg)

Happy birthday toko 👑🔥

Been somewhat disappointed in Joffa. He has been going okay in most matches, but was expecting a bit more ooomph on occasions than that he has shown.

@formerguest said in [Joe Ofahengaue](/post/1472761) said:
Been somewhat disappointed in Joffa. He has been going okay in most matches, but was expecting a bit more ooomph on occasions than that he has shown.

He certainly has not found his best form from the donkeys but to be honest he is playing better than he was in his last year there

Especially against the more physical sides?

@tigerwest said in [Joe Ofahengaue](/post/1472874) said:

Especially against the more physical sides?

Unsure, as memory isn't separating individual matches.

@jadtiger said in [Joe Ofahengaue](/post/1472768) said:

He certainly has not found his best form from the donkeys but to be honest he is playing better than he was in his last year there

Helps when the forward pack you were in had SOO players and Internationals ......chalk and cheese

I thought he went okay in a side that was belted every second week. One thing I did like, he showed plenty of team spirit, always the first in after a try.

I liked Joffa, Garner, Noffa and Seyfarth's attitudes this year. I know it can all be a show but they seemed to care a lot more than others during losses.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back