Joe Ofahengaue #240

Putting everything else aside, does anyone think Joe is a $650k player? I don’t. That’s why he’s being moved on.

I like him as a player for roster spot 16 to 22, but not on $650k. Players in roster spots 16 to 22 should earning half of $650k as a maximum.

Putting everything else aside, does anyone think Joe is a $650k player? I don’t. That’s why he’s being moved on.

I like him as a player for roster spot 16 to 22, but not on $650k. Players in roster spots 16 to 22 should earning half of $650k as a maximum.
They paid Rusty Packer more…

I wasn’t aware that when someone gets a contact they are assigned a roster depth chart number
Yes every contract is ranked 1 through to 30. Not sure what the current arrangement is, but the previous salary cap allowed you to pay squad numbers 27 to 30 below the NRL minimum wage (usually $70-80K compared to min. wage of $105K).

First time in a long time they have a few Jr’s /established players showing some spark….SOME.

Might be just a case of forward thinking and locking up some talent or it could be Pascoe has to pay a fine for giving Robbie a free shirt. You never know with this organization.
Don’t know about young talent, I thinks there’s only 3-4 in the nsw cup that might make it , as for others in flag or ball there years away from 1st grade or even nsw cup

Joe wanted to go and we wanted the cap space it’s not that hard to understand this. He was playing NSW Cup earlier and off the bench. Club wasn’t going to carry an internationals wage as a bench prop. Hopefully we can back it up with more strong signings like last year.
Good to see you back mate, any other news you have?

Joe wanted to go and we wanted the cap space it’s not that hard to understand this. He was playing NSW Cup earlier and off the bench. Club wasn’t going to carry an internationals wage as a bench prop. Hopefully we can back it up with more strong signings like last year.
This makes the most sense. He can love playing for us and his team mates and also want to move onto greener pastures at the same time.

Where's the $650k figure come from?

Seems strange that he wanted to go TBH. He will be as far back in the pecking order in a full-strength Parra pack as what he was at WT to start the season.
Must be a bit more to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back