Joe Ofahengaue #240

I get we need to upgrade some good young guys like Pole , Bulla etc , but we had a shit tin full of cash for Mosses , if we got him who the hell were we going to move on , API ,FFS. This place is a shit storm with no idea
Agree with you. There was plenty of Money they were ready to throw at the cry baby. And now suddenly we have to make space for cap ?
God help us all.
We couldn’t even get to enjoy our win for a week and the club has come up with another howler.

Putting everything else aside, does anyone think Joe is a $650k player? I don’t. That’s why he’s being moved on.

I like him as a player for roster spot 16 to 22, but not on $650k. Players in roster spots 16 to 22 should earning half of $650k as a maximum.
my argument to that is the club no more then 7 months signed Joe for that amount, then we move him on ..strange

Pascoe explains it all
" this is an opportunity that works for both parties " ?????
Well Mr CEO that sure explains it ???
Wonder why the fans give it to you ,Fans are the lifeblood of the club and you leave us in the dark
Pascoe explains it all
" this is an opportunity that works for both parties " ?????
Well Mr CEO that sure explains it ???
Wonder why the fans give it to you ,Fans are the lifeblood of the club and you leave us in the dark
Yep it works a treat for Parra, it probably works for Joe and we get the same thing we got when we let Moses walk…nothing but cap space that for us it’s like frequent flyer points that we can never use

Joe wanted to go and we wanted the cap space it’s not that hard to understand this. He was playing NSW Cup earlier and off the bench. Club wasn’t going to carry an internationals wage as a bench prop. Hopefully we can back it up with more strong signings like last year.
Do you know why he wanted to go?
I don't want to be critical of the decision until we see who the club replaces him with. But, currently I can't see how releasing a quality player, whilst we apparently already have plenty of cap space available is a good decision.

This shows possible recruits if you sign on for 3 years we could punt you in 6 months , that’s how we roll , and we are running last , and we will make out we are better off with out you , please , please we need to stop this shit show , Benji if you read any of this , pull your finger out and get real mate , this letting Joe go is a disgrace

Putting everything else aside, does anyone think Joe is a $650k player? I don’t. That’s why he’s being moved on.

I like him as a player for roster spot 16 to 22, but not on $650k. Players in roster spots 16 to 22 should earning half of $650k as a maximum.
Where are you getting the $650k from, as far as I know $600k is what has been bandied about for 2024 and 2025.

Not having a go at you, just curious where you got that from.

I have to say that $325K would be a bargain and it wouldn't surprise me if that is what the Parrasites are paying with us making up the difference. Thats pretty much how we tend to roll. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yes every contract is ranked 1 through to 30. Not sure what the current arrangement is, but the previous salary cap allowed you to pay squad numbers 27 to 30 below the NRL minimum wage (usually $70-80K compared to min. wage of $105K).
That will be where Joe is at the Parrasites with us making up the difference.

Have to say I was very angry when I checked my email late this afternoon and saw that pathetic Wests Tigers release about Joe.

The impression I get is that the club has shopped Joe most likely because Benji doesn't see him as part of his team from 2025.

I believe that some time ago Benji told Joe that he didn't rate him as a #13 and I think that was the beginning of the end for Joe at the Wests Tigers.

Regardless of the reason, I am disgusted with how terse the press release about Joe leaving was.

Apart from the shitty press release I am disgusted that we release him to the Parrasites to help them out in their time of trouble, especially when they have treated us so poorly in the past.

I am equally pissed off that there is no confirmation that we have received any sort of compensation for releasing Joe or even that we are not paying freight for him to go there.

It's fine to say that it frees up a spot in the top 30 but we need to have 30 signed in about 6 weeks time to comply with our cap obligations. Who is taking his place to make up the numbers?

I can tell you now that if it is someone from the lower grades that has not played NRL and proved they are up to playing in the top grade then I will be so pissed, but in the mean time all we can do is wait and hope that something good comes about from all this.

We really got lucky with Jahream and he turned out to be the real deal but you can only be lucky so many times, some good management has to come into it at some stage and we are notorious for poor management.

I get what some people are saying about the 600k for 2024/2025 but we don't even know if we are subsidising the move and even if we aren't, what is the money going to be spent on?

I think we deserve more answers and in the meantime Lee tries to appease the supporters (who he has no time for unless they are members) by putting about plans in the media about returning to the traditional home grounds of Leichhardt and Campbelltown as a distraction.

This shows possible recruits if you sign on for 3 years we could punt you in 6 months , that’s how we roll , and we are running last , and we will make out we are better off with out you , please , please we need to stop this shit show , Benji if you read any of this , pull your finger out and get real mate , this letting Joe go is a disgrace

They have to take the emotion out of their decision and back their plans which they are clearly doing.

Just like Hastings you can't keep players to keep fans happy. You'd be more entitled to be dirty if they are making decisions for the fans or to keep a perception to look good.

I think making tough decisions not caring what the fans think and making decisions based on the God dam footy the field they are experts in is the exact ruthlessness we have been asking for.

Keep emotions out of it and like another poster has mentioned wait until we find out who the replacement is and see how this and the next season go before calling high emotion decisions a disgrace.

Last edited:
Where are you getting the $650k from, as far as I know $600k is what has been bandied about for 2024 and 2025.

Not having a go at you, just curious where you got that from.

I have to say that $325K would be a bargain and it wouldn't surprise me if that is what the Parrasites are paying with us making up the difference. Thats pretty much how we tend to roll. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jedi Tiger.

Fox Sports saying today we’ve freed up $500k for next year by releasing Joe. Not that what they say is gospel, but if that’s the case he was on at least $500k for next year and more if we are chipping in something.

Seems strange that he wanted to go TBH. He will be as far back in the pecking order in a full-strength Parra pack as what he was at WT to start the season.
Must be a bit more to it.

Joffa only missed selection to start the season due to an injury interrupted pre-season.

Similar to Brooks who also started with strapping on his thigh and Koroisau with their lack of preparation, and why they took some time to find top form.

Remember when parra we dbags about the Stefano release? ie. they wouldn’t. I’m surprised we kind of helped them. Either way I really appreciated Joes work ethic and perceived passion. I’m a big fan and will follow his career for years to come.

Remember when parra we dbags about the Stefano release? ie. they wouldn’t. I’m surprised we kind of helped them. Either way I really appreciated Joes work ethic and perceived passion. I’m a big fan and will follow his career for years to come.

Even playing for pawwa

Jedi Tiger.

Fox Sports saying today we’ve freed up $500k for next year by releasing Joe. Not that what they say is gospel, but if that’s the case he was on at least $500k for next year and more if we are chipping in something.
Starting to sound like we are paying some freight in letting Joe go.

They have to take the emotion out of their decision and back their plans which they are clearly doing.

Just like Hastings you can't keep players to keep fans happy. You'd be more entitled to be dirty if they are making decisions for the fans or to keep a perception to look good.

I think making tough decisions not caring what the fans think and making decisions based on the God dam footy the field they are experts in is the exact ruthlessness we have been asking for.

Keep emotions out of it and like another poster has mentioned wait until we find out who the replacement is and see how the this and the next season go before calling high emotion decisions a disgrace.
Hastings is a key example.

Look, yes I think we should have kept him. But you are right:
decent halfback, attitude changed.
But has not set the world on fire. Never a "gun" player and at Newcastle he is showing that the opportunity to rise from First grader -> gun isn't exactly in him.

Sheens has stuck with Brooks and to the Forums horror Brooks has found form (right, just before contract renewal).

Joffa is a good player. but a solid First grader. As Wayne Bennett said "when you are trading players, make sure you upgrade". We are going from Fringe graders -> first graders -> guns.

Sheens may be actually able to assess if a player has that 'next level' in them.

All the best Joe

FwznDykaUAAEgV3

Latest posts

Back