Joe Ofahengaue #240

Yeah, the Joffa re-signing could certainly have also been used in negotiations to be more attractive the likes of Bateman and Klemmer joining him.

And the roosters and the dogs, oh and the everyone else.
Yea, I can't think of many teams other then the WT I actually like.

I loathe: Easts, Manly, Melbourne, St George, Parramatta, Broncos, Sharks, Parra...

Can kinda deal with Penrith, Bunnies, Bulldogs (both Bunnies and Bulldogs are around my area and I feel for their supporters... but yes they get away with way too much crap on the cap), Titans/Dolphins, Warriors, Newcastle.

Why I feel that way. Honestly no idea.

This is the kind of things that normally happens to us. Bad news for Joe but wow we’ve done well out of it. Joe was a good player for us, him re-signing for us was an underrated moment for us.
I was sorry to see him go and although he might not have been a superstar, I still saw him as an honest hard worker and you can't tell me that he wasn't highly respected and liked by the playing group.

You could see his passion and the look of disappointment on him when things were going badly and when we got the bad calls. You could see him beat himself up if he made an error.

I don't think you could underestimate the importance of his resigning at a time before we had signed David Klemmer and John Bateman and when there was constant doubt about whether Isaiah Papali'i would back flip and in the back ground the Parrasites were doing everything they could to stop him from leaving.

The Grand Final followed by a World Cup did nothing to help the situation with players returning late to their clubs for pre-season training, casting some doubt about whether Api and Isaiah were still coming to honour their contracts

None of this was helped by a lack of comments on the matter by Isaiah and some unhelpful comments by Api after the Grand Final win, although to his credit, he never did cast any doubts about honouring his contract as far as I am aware.

Joe's resigning at the time was just a small win for the Wests Tigers at a time that we had won the wooden spoon and were being ridiculed by fans and the media for our coaching situation, inability to sign players and speculation over the above mentioned players.

Edit:
I am still waiting to hear if we have in any way subsidised Joe's move to the Parrasites and won't be convinced that it was the right move by us until I see what has been done with any cap saving we have supposedly made by this move.

I am waiting with baited breath to see who will be signed to the top 30 prior to the end of June to replace Joe and make us cap compliant.

I can only hope that it is a good signing in a position that strengthens us and not just a last moment panick signing of an unproven lower grade player just to make up the numbers.

Last edited:
Apparently we've been shopping him around. You don't have much leverage to get swaps etc if you are trying to move the guy on

Don't believe that to be true....
Was reported earlier in the year, We fielded calls from a few clubs (4 maybe) on his position in the club
when he went back to reserves...
I would assume that opened the idea of him moving on....

Cheers. Where was this from? I feel it was more complicated than just over spending on one player. To lose 5 over one signing?

Heighno was past his best and not in the clubs plans moving forward - I remember Halatau saying he changed his DOB on Wikipedia to get contract extensions...
Beau Ryan (Super tight with Heighno) Threw his arse in the corner cause Heighno wasn't getting extended and left because of that alone...
The others were here nor there - I loved Gibbo, But he was hardly Shane Webke...

Fifita was mostly cold before he left, And was blasted by the Sharks fans in his first year there...
Certainly came on after that though.

Heighno was past his best and not in the clubs plans moving forward - I remember Halatau saying he changed his DOB on Wikipedia to get contract extensions...
Beau Ryan (Super tight with Heighno) Threw his arse in the corner cause Heighno wasn't getting extended and left because of that alone...
The others were here nor there - I loved Gibbo, But he was hardly Shane Webke...

Fifita was mostly cold before he left, And was blasted by the Sharks fans in his first year there...
Things were certainly hectic for the club at the time…still are lol.

Have I seen heino back in the change rooms this season?

Heino won a GF with sharks after he left us.

Would be interested to know the exact reason for Gibbs hate on Flanagan

Back