John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on people on this forum , not wanting either brown or Bateman for what ever reason , please come forward with who the hell is left out there to sign , we got rid of 14 useless players most forwards , so please come up with some names that are available
Bateman (IMO) will be very handy. Either at RHS 2nd row or lock. Hope his signing is announced soon.
For me, signing Brown is more questionable. If he is fit and its a 1 or 2 year contract with most of the money going to 2023 and not 2024, then great sign him up.
If his knees (or anything else) are problematic. Or if he is asking for a Big contract going past 2023 , then no.
In 2024 we have no halves signed , our spine looks suspect and there will be new players debuting in 2023 that might be better than Brown in 2024.

Last edited:
Just on people on this forum , not wanting either brown or Bateman for what ever reason , please come forward with who the hell is left out there to sign , we got rid of 14 useless players most forwards , so please come up with some names that are available

My issue with Brown is the myth surrounding his aggression and ability to be an enforcer. I'm sorry to those who disagree, but Nathan Brown has never ever been a physical enforcer, even in his prime, which is well gone. He has just pretended to be, and has fooled many.

Brown can be a useful signing if used correctly for Max 2 years. IMO he actually needs to move away from pretending to be an enforcer, and play a smarter game. His ball playing is very good. So I think what he can provide is that link role from 13, good line speed in defence, and steal some cheap metres up the middle when they are on offer. If he can pick when to link and when to charge hard and straight, then it's not a bad signing. Matamua can then play minutes off the bench rotating with Brown. BUT, if he is signed to intimidate the opposition and play a physical game, it will be a huge dud signing.

Yes it is.. both were talented footballer / Union from St Edmunds College in Canberra. Here's one just for info .. Ricky "Sticky" Stuart was also a student from St Edmunds .. he later returned as the PE teacher there. There are a couple of current Wallaby players who also attended St Edmunds.
They should of gone to St Edmunds in Ipswich ....some true legends went there hehe

My only concern is that a few clubs could be interested, and he wants to clarify the offers before deciding, eg, Money, contract length,position etc. But i doubt it, both parties by now would have dismissed the signing if it was not true.

My only concern is that a few clubs could be interested, and he wants to clarify the offers before deciding, eg, Money, contract length,position etc. But i doubt it, both parties by now would have dismissed the signing if it was not true.
Have tigers already paid the transfer fee?

My issue with Brown is the myth surrounding his aggression and ability to be an enforcer. I'm sorry to those who disagree, but Nathan Brown has never ever been a physical enforcer, even in his prime, which is well gone. He has just pretended to be, and has fooled many.

Brown can be a useful signing if used correctly for Max 2 years. IMO he actually needs to move away from pretending to be an enforcer, and play a smarter game. His ball playing is very good. So I think what he can provide is that link role from 13, good line speed in defence, and steal some cheap metres up the middle when they are on offer. If he can pick when to link and when to charge hard and straight, then it's not a bad signing. Matamua can then play minutes off the bench rotating with Brown. BUT, if he is signed to intimidate the opposition and play a physical game, it will be a huge dud signing.

Agree!.

The only reason we should go after Brown is for short term to take pressure of the kids to come through & play as a link ball playing forward which he is very good at and we know Sheens loves that style.

Being realistic we will probably only get half a season a year off him which enables the kids rotational opportunities also. The biggest issue for me is his current deal & potential new deal expectations.

I saw his instagram story his on a plan which I’m guessing is to Australia it say 11 hours which was 2 hours ago
It also suggests an 11 hour flight which matches the flight to Aus from the UK.

I dare say if he is signed, the signing announcement will coincide with his arrival in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back