Junior Reps 2022

Wests Tigers will be announcing our trial squads for the following programs this Friday 1/10/21

🟠 SG Ball Cup - Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers
⚫️ Harold Matthews Cup - Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers

All players that are named will be trialing for either Harold Matthew’s Cup (17’s) or SG Ball Cup (19’s).

Please note the following:
- If you are either 16 or 18 years of age in 2022.
- Named in the initial trial list.
- Play locally in either Wests Tigers Macarthur or Group 6 JRL, and unsuccessful during the Harold Matthews and SG Ball trial process you will then be considered for selection to our Macarthur Wests Tigers Andrew Johns cup (16’s) or Laurie Daley Cup (18’s) programs.

Source: Wests Tigers Junior Pathways and Development Facebook [28/09]

Looks like young Markis Atoa has gone from Balmain SG Ball to Parra. Been named in their squad at least

@balmain-boy said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1482553) said:
Looks like young Markis Atoa has gone from Balmain SG Ball to Parra. Been named in their squad at least

Big loss BB ???

Teams named tomorrow. Must have been some hard decisions.

Junior rep squads have been announced. A lot of the better players from last year look to have been retained

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/10/02/wests-tigers-announce-2022-junior-representative-squads/?fbclid=IwAR1XsLuhzY5xiGxmWIcgmQ0-22tbUZbwV9n3dLxSKG9Q_4T-zcqD9FpnN-o

A couple of Steve Edmend boys in the squads.Always good to have a few red heads in your team. His eldest boy is going ok in rugby, great goal kicker

@jc99 said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484631) said:
Junior rep squads have been announced. A lot of the better players from last year look to have been retained

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/10/02/wests-tigers-announce-2022-junior-representative-squads/?fbclid=IwAR1XsLuhzY5xiGxmWIcgmQ0-22tbUZbwV9n3dLxSKG9Q_4T-zcqD9FpnN-o

Good to see! Magpies in particular should field some strong teams in both Harold Matthews and SG Ball.
I notice the youngest Saukuru (Livai) is named in the Harold Matthews trial squad. Hopefully talented like his older brothers! Keen to watch Dudley Dotoi for Balmain come in too.

I hope we were also able to retain our better 2021 SG Ball players who are now eligible for Flegg.

@supercoach said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484636) said:
A couple of Steve Edmend boys in the squads.Always good to have a few red heads in your team. His eldest boy is going ok in rugby, great goal kicker

Rangas are never acceptable squad members .....

I seriously doubt that our signings from Qld will be coming down here to play sg ball... Most will be training with the first grade squad in the summer and likely to play Flegg. Dotoi, the Hermanitor, Tempest etc

@happy_tiger said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1482571) said:

Big loss BB ???

I wouldn't say a huge loss. He performed well in the CHS tournament but when I saw him play for Balmain he wasn't overly noticeable . Rahme was similar. Outshone by other players, but was a year younger. As long as we're recruiting players we believe are better I'm ok with it.

Hermann does look a better prospect

@balmain-boy said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484701) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1482571) said:

Big loss BB ???

I wouldn't say a huge loss. He performed well in the CHS tournament but when I saw him play for Balmain he wasn't overly noticeable . Rahme was similar. Outshone by other players, but was a year younger. As long as we're recruiting players we believe are better I'm ok with it.

Hermann does look a better prospect

Thanks for the feedback BB

@balmain-boy said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484697) said:
I seriously doubt that our signings from Qld will be coming down here to play sg ball... Most will be training with the first grade squad in the summer and likely to play Flegg. Dotoi, the Hermanitor, Tempest etc

With the SG Ball season usually starting a bit earlier than Flegg, they may get a few games in to start the year. But you're right, there is most likely a goal to see them in Flegg throughout the year and possibly a few games of NSW Cup (depending on how they are handling it).

@tigers_wests said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484693) said:

Good to see! Magpies in particular should field some strong teams in both Harold Matthews and SG Ball.
I notice the youngest Saukuru (Livai) is named in the Harold Matthews trial squad. Hopefully talented like his older brothers! Keen to watch Dudley Dotoi for Balmain come in too.

I hope we were also able to retain our better 2021 SG Ball players who are now eligible for Flegg.

I would expect our Flegg team to be one of the heavy hitters again next season given a few names that played SG Ball this year are missing - expecting them to make the step up, plus we have at least half of last year's squad still eligible.

@willow said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484726) said:

I would expect our Flegg team to be one of the heavy hitters again next season given a few names that played SG Ball this year are missing - expecting them to make the step up, plus we have at least half of last year's squad still eligible.

Would that include the two ACL boys, Mike Tannous and Jaycob Anjoul?

@needaname said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484787) said:

Yep, among others.

@willow said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484798) said:
@needaname said in [Junior Reps 2022](/post/1484787) said:

Yep, among others.

Is it staying at U21?

I'm a big fan of the Keppie brothers, supremely talented youngsters. Cousins of manly prop Sean Keppie

This name intrigues me: Raymond Wehbe

Any relation to the whisperer?

keen to see what Dotoi brings to SG Ball. hopefully he brains it and transitions to Flegg midway through the year ala Pole. hopeful Corey Thomas can be a standout in his second year of ball. keen to see what the QLD recruits can do for Wests and last but not least, let's hope Johnny Ibrahim for Balmain absolutely brains it and becomes a cult hero for years to come.

Back