Junior Tupou #254

He has been going well at training by all reports and does look like a footballer, apparently has very good hands. Although isn’t very quick apparently but that may improve a little over time, boys go on camp up the coast next week so let’s hope some hard training combined with some very refreshing amber beverages after training can help the boys bond even further. No scandals please boys, and if there is a punch up, can we please keep it in house…😄

Any other news?

Jt favours the right. Does well in the FB position in the backline on a right side play. Don't know wing is his position. I'd be tempted to play him at fb.

Junior looks a few years away,big body no heart,got to get the r union out of him yet

Jt favours the right. Does well in the FB position in the backline on a right side play. Don't know wing is his position. I'd be tempted to play him at fb.
Lol, he's only ever played fullback 3 times in his life. At this stage of his career he's most definitely a winger and nothing else.

Keep it simple for the kid. Hit the ball up hard, make your tackles, catch any kicks she don't try anything too fancy

Tupou isn't ready but he has a lot of potential. Imo he'll be fine. It's Pauga that we all know is a liability. His defense in reserves is ordinary so how's he going to handle Val Holmes?
Pauga an ordinary defender, but IMO he’s no worse than Gildart. I think he’ll be okay against Holmes, if it was a big strong centre like Talakai I’d be very concerned.

Playing at the back on debut is a hard task.

A player normally needs to be really cutting it up in reserves to deserve their first run there.

Yeah true, just thinking To'a not exactly killing it there and to utilise that pass he has. Don't see him using it on the wing. He's not the type of player to make prop like hit ups. Wouldn't expect too much from him on the wing

Yeah true, just thinking To'a not exactly killing it there and to utilise that pass he has. Don't see him using it on the wing. He's not the type of player to make prop like hit ups. Wouldn't expect too much from him on the wing
Totally agree, but it's just where WT are right now, decimated by injuries and it sucks. Playing even our back up players in positions that don't suit their wares.

Forgetting the revolving door like high number in season injury toll, having just two of the likes of Doueihi, Blore and Talau available throughout would have made a big difference to where we sit.

I hope you're right. He misses a lot of tackles.
Honestly falling over in front of the opposition would be more effective than poor old gildart. Pauga can't tackle, but hopefully he gets his body in line and that will be enough for the scramble to help.

Members online

Back