Junior Tupou #254

You would have to think there was sone transparency with this signing considering the reported friendship Benji has with Bennett.

I don’t think it’s a good look for Junior Tupou to be sharing all the Insta stories congratulating him on his Dolphins signing for ‘25, especially some with messages in them like ‘seen the light’. But that’s just me.

I thought managers were meant to advise their clients on image & relationship management, not just secure them $$$.

Alaimalo's signing was the final blow. I'm
upset we lost him because he's a great
talent. I think his acct is private anyway.
He's getting paid a lot, life changer I get it.
He's still with us for another season though,
I get that too. A real talent but he's a bit
akward and a mute. I trust Benji's judgement

Alaimalo's signing was the final blow. I'm
upset we lost him because he's a great
talent. I think his acct is private anyway.
He's getting paid a lot, life changer I get it.
He's still with us for another season though,
I get that too. A real talent but he's a bit
akward and a mute. I trust Benji's judgement
Let’s just hope in a year or two we are not crying over losing another talent. It’s a recurring theme out our way.

Let’s just hope in a year or two we are not crying over losing another talent. It’s a recurring theme out our way.

Hopefully not mate. Hope he goes good
too. I think we'll be fine. We were outbid
plain and simple. Hope he rips in in '24

I have high hopes 4 Nado returning to
some form also but I might be off haha

Hopefully not mate. Hope he goes good
too. I think we'll be fine. We were outbid
plain and simple. Hope he rips in in '24

I have high hopes 4 Nado returning to
some form also but I might be off haha
Agree with your thoughts K.
I have a theory that you only let them leave if you’re not overly concerned.
Most clubs keep the cream don’t they ?

Find it interesting he wasn't prioritised by us, given our poo outside backs.

Not too disappointed though, but we absolutely must prioritise signing some established outside backs now.

Backs..Lots of unproven kids... a couple of physical specimens like Lobb and the Rugby bloke(at 27!)....but nobody looking ready to step up in 25 let alone 24.
Remain unconvinced about Feledy..seems a stereotype schoolboy star who lacks the attributes to go up a couple of levels,which he needs to do
All speccies
Nofas immediate future will crystalize our plans(and funding),but once the halves are resolved we need quality outside backs sooner rather than later
Unproven yes, but how do you know they're not ready?
Alaimalo is more developed than Tupou. Lobb is ready, no worse than Tupou. If he wants to go immediately I imagine we'd let him go. He's still a project player, why develop him ahead of someone like Lobb, or sign a replacement

Good luck to him but agree with the club not matching or increasing our offer as 450 - 575k for a winger is madness until he proves himself. Position you can replace on less money.

I would also move him back to reserves unless we get injuries.

He had plenty of opportunity here. Produced jackshit.
Good luck at the Phins….probably be better off returning to rugga bugger.

Good luck to him but agree with the club not matching or increasing our offer as 450 - 575k for a winger is madness until he proves himself. Position you can replace on less money.

I would also move him back to reserves unless we get injuries.
Was hoping to see him get a run in the centres next season. No longer keen on it.

He would have been in reserve grade at a decent club, or still in rugby if it wasn’t for us developing his game to fringe NRL winger.
The price for him that’s been quoted around is too steep for where his game is at, they are paying for potential and I’m glad we didn’t.
But we will soon see I guess.

To be honest I’m not concerned about him going. He showed some promise but I don’t think he’s a winger anyway. We have another year to sign someone else or bring someone through.

Possibly a luxury we cannot afford at the moment. My guess the talk of our gun junior halves starting in the centres could see the money spent there.

From the NRL WEBSITE

Did not think Tupou was a speedster rather strong runner of the ball and I’m pretty sure Farnworth and Averillo did not do the 2023 preseason with the dolphins before playing with the Broncos and Dogs

League journalists are garbage and do not proof read their articles.

The Dolphins have bolstered their future roster with the signing of Wests Tigers speedster Junior Tupou.

The 21-year-old Tonga Interntional will join the club in 2025 on a three-year deal as another impressive backline acquisition after English centre Herbie Farnworth and former Bulldog Jake Averillo joined the club for the 2023 pre-season.

Last edited:
Back