Justin Olam #281

I'm not sure you understand how a youth policy works. It doesn't mean you only have players aged 25 and under in the squad!
Currently we have the youngest top 30 squad in the comp, by a fair way. We need several experienced pros to show them the youngsters the ropes, how to deal with the grind, the mental aspects etc. We have no real quality experienced backs. Naden, that's it. And he's probably playing nsw cup or moving on. Having Olam, Api, Klemmer, Luai, Bateman provides a very solid bunch of experienced pros to build our next gen
I agree with you partly just would be happy with the experience players that we need for our 20 year old be more around the age of 25/26 with 5 or so good years in them.
I don’t see the point of signing 30 year olds for 3 or 4 years.
Unless it’s a Halfback or Hooker as most of their work is using their brain not getting bashed like forwards and outside backs.
API is an example of that,
Luai to me is a perfect age coming in with experience and his best football could still possibly be to come.
We all have different opinions, that’s what makes this forum and interesting read.

I watched Blore play with Mitch Kenny and Spencer Leinu in the NSW Cup for the Panthers years ago. I recall he was released early after coming back from an ACL. He could do with a change of luck with injury. The Panthers certainly with Yeo, Martin and Co made the correct decision. I wish him all the best at the Storm. He certainly gave his best at WTs.
Shame he’s made of chalk

Reactions: 851
WT supporters club on FB saying the swap will be announced today Friday!
Is it likely ?
Well you would think being that its a swap that both teams would wave the 10 day cooling period.... not that the tigers would need to as blore has already signed to the storm

I don’t?
I don’t wish him bad luck, but I won’t be wishing him good luck either. I hope he’s a waste of time, money and a roster spot for the storm and drops the ball every time he plays us.
We can hope he goes well and the Storm as a team don't. Has Munster peaked and is now on the downhill? Papenhuyzen coming back from a second serious injury - will he be the same player? There are lots of questions which the Storm will have to answer.

14 months ago was the player I most wanted us to sign out of the entire NRL. I'm a bit apprehensive based on last year but happy to support him and the club to get it right.
Agreed

Hope last year was just a injury plagued year for Justin Olam and he can get back to his best as we need it.

Thanks Shawn Blore #235 for your efforts and I hope he plays well and gets a good run with No Injuries as he can be a gun if he can stay on the field.

Back