Justin Olam #281

Did you watch those games tho? Particularly the prelim final? Penrith deliberately targeted him in defence & gave him an absolute bath. Looking back at that game there is a slight cause for concern imo

That's besides the point how he performed. Storm
performed poorly overall. The question was posed
why did Bellamy recall him 4 the semis if he was
so out of form? He was still coming back from
injury too if I'm not mistaken, part of the cause
of the rift, Olam also said his fitness was lacking.
Melbourne underperformed last year full stop,
Bellamy dropped a few guys, centre Reimis
Smith as well. This is a good article with Olam
explaining the situation & taking accountability.
His stats were pretty decent as well to be fair

So first we land Luai and now Olam?

Go figure.

1704856357126.png
“It would be completely ignorant for anyone to suggest that the major disruption to the organisational structure of the club will not impact on recruitment and retention.
I have already been inundated by calls from player managers expressing grave concern with what has occurred."

The phone must've been running SO hot!

Funny how money and leadership with a clue can so quickly put these grave concerns to rest.

That's besides the point how he performed. Storm
performed poorly overall. The question was posed
why did Bellamy recall him 4 the semis if he was
so out of form? He was still coming back from
injury too if I'm not mistaken, part of the cause
of the rift, Olam also said his fitness was lacking.
Melbourne underperformed last year full stop,
Bellamy dropped a few guys, centre Reimis
Smith as well. This is a good article with Olam
explaining the situation & taking accountability.
His stats were pretty decent as well to be fair

If we get Justin Olam anywhere near his best and have Papali’i or maybe even a rampaging Samuela Fainu playing inside him, it should make our left edge very dangerous and be a luxury for whoever plays outside them on the left wing.

Go figure.

“It would be completely ignorant for anyone to suggest that the major disruption to the organisational structure of the club will not impact on recruitment and retention.
I have already been inundated by calls from player managers expressing grave concern with what has occurred."

Funny how money and leadership with a clue can so quickly put these grave concerns to rest.

SEN comedy hour is going to be some salty radio next time Inspector Fired is on.

Did you watch those games tho? Particularly the prelim final? Penrith deliberately targeted him in defence & gave him an absolute bath. Looking back at that game there is a slight cause for concern imo
Melbourne's defensive issues start and finish with not adequately replacing Kenny Bromwich. you think Olam would've been fine with Trent Loiero marshaling that edge?

interesting stat for you as well. everyone carries on about Campbell Graham's defence... Graham caused more tries on average than Olam did last year. true story. Olam's issue is not hitting and sticking when his side has the opposition pegged back in their 20, that's where his poor efficiency rate comes from.

I'd be lying if I said I have no concerns with Olam. getting older there are definitely things that worry me and he may not be the player he used to be... but this swap makes sense for us right now.

It's probably telling that both Robbie & Heighno love Big Red.

Every club needs that honest guy you can always rely on. Seyfarth is judged harshly on here.

Unlike all the other #13's we have used- Seyfarth is also the only one to consistently offer an unload in traffic.
He's the type of player that will get slightly better every year he plays, still a bit of a raw product, but throws himself into everything. Im not a massive fan, but he does stay healthy and always does a job when called on. Agree with @Demps he's the perfect guy to have in the 18-30 of your squad.

He's the type of player that will get slightly better every year he plays, still a bit of a raw product, but throws himself into everything. Im not a massive fan, but he does stay healthy and always does a job when called on. Agree with @Demps he's the perfect guy to have in the 18-30 of your squad.
All coaches need a Seyfarth in their team. Right attitude - average ability - but gives it everything because it's the only thing that keeps then in the team.

Go figure.

This post is the main reason out of about 1000 why I'm glad he is gone. What an ignorant a$$ to believe that about himself!

All coaches need a Seyfarth in their team. Right attitude - average ability - but gives it everything because it's the only thing that keeps then in the team.
Of course they do....
What they don't need - Is 2 of them,
and a couple blokes behind them that will probably never see 1st grade.

Can u send me those rose coloured glasses that ur using , I seem to be missing something

The grave concern that most player managers would have is the loss of their ability to use the clueless leadership of this club as a means to bid up the contract value of their clients.

The grave concern held by most others with what has occurred would be why this did not happened long before this.

more accurate to say the panthers have the storm a bath. They were back pedalling, stripped of numbers and completely outplayed. Three tries at least were let in either side of Olam but I don’t agree that he was the sole offender. The game was a total mismatch

Go figure.

The reason managers were ringing in concern about their players is probably because the "gravy train" had just been removed from the club

Every decent side needs a ranga.
Every decent site needs aggressive, hard runners, big hitters, and sadly, Seyfarth is not any of that. Can he be thought, I doubt.
No good side can have one pillow prop, but two of them is a big problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back