Justin Olam #281

Every decent site needs aggressive, hard runners, big hitters, and sadly, Seyfarth is not any of that. Can he be thought, I doubt.
No good side can have one pillow prop, but two is of them is a big problem.
As stated earlier he received many wraps from the commentators for his efforts off the bench for us last season.
Crashed over for a try, ran harder than most and tackled strongly, so obviously the commentators and quite a few others see things differently.

So first we land Luai and now Olam?

Go figure.

“It would be completely ignorant for anyone to suggest that the major disruption to the organisational structure of the club will not impact on recruitment and retention.
I have already been inundated by calls from player managers expressing grave concern with what has occurred."

The phone must've been running SO hot!

Funny how money and leadership with a clue can so quickly put these grave concerns to rest.
Concerning a chairman with zero idea about football is involved at all with recruitment. Shows the problem we had very clearly.

Melbourne always sign the freakish schoolboy talents, even if they fall by the wayside in their mid 20s. they seem to be attracted to something, most likely their mindset. Blore fits that mould.

Olam’s cap related, and a little to do with his age. they obviously think they’re better off with the centres they have to free up money elsewhere and in this day and age that’s pretty important.

if Bellamy was truly done with Olam then why did he recall him for their semi and prelim finals last year?
Injuries. Top try scorers list last year. Olam is 106 -https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/player-stats/2023-nrl-top-tries/

He will be another Tigers dud.

Injuries. Top try scorers list last year. Olam is 106 -https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/player-stats/2023-nrl-top-tries/

He will be another Tigers dud.
How many of our players averaged more PCM than Olam playing busted? One. Klem.

I'm not saying it's a great signing, but I won't be looking for my chunder bowl like some on here.

They need to be given a clear path and the right info to see that staying is in their best Interests.
Pezet is 21 next week, Still signed at the Storm for at least 2 years (23)
obviously behind 2 of the best halves in the game...

For mine, He could have got a starting spot and more money elsewhere - Based on how he's rated.
But the Storm have convinced him it's in his best interests to stay.

Our kids are staggered enough in their development, to work around it....
That said - There's 1 too many...
Sullivan seems the most likely to be moved on at a glance.

We're not the Storm though,
They'll all be hard to keep if we don't start winning.
If we start winning they are more likely to stay
If were losing they are more likely to get a chance but not want to stay
Catch 22

Reactions: 851
Realistically he is straight away our first choice centre, so I’m happy we got him.

Of course that depends how much he is getting paid and if he can stay fit, which is the same for every other player.

All coaches need a Seyfarth in their team. Right attitude - average ability - but gives it everything because it's the only thing that keeps then in the team.
I agree with this and I like Seyfarth. I also agree with other comments that he is an excellent depth forward. Only problem is he is in our best 17.

If Melbourne really want Blore this year why not just swap with Olam for this one year and if Olam doesn’t perform he goes back to Melbourne the following year.
My major concern with signing Olam is his age , we already have Klemmer,Bateman,Sezer and Api in our squad, I look at Penrith and their oldest player is Yeo at 29 and they have been the bench mark for 4 years (when Yeo was 25) I would prefer to keep Api and off load the other 2 plus Sezer leaving at the end of the year and go all in on the youth policy.

So first we land Luai and now Olam?

Go figure.

“It would be completely ignorant for anyone to suggest that the major disruption to the organisational structure of the club will not impact on recruitment and retention.
I have already been inundated by calls from player managers expressing grave concern with what has occurred."

The phone must've been running SO hot!

Funny how money and leadership with a clue can so quickly put these grave concerns to rest.
Not that we needed proof there's countless examples of why this clown.is such an utter fraud and BS artist... Makes Stephen Humphries look legit

As stated earlier he received many wraps from the commentators for his efforts off the bench for us last season.
Crashed over for a try, ran harder than most and tackled strongly, so obviously the commentators and quite a few others see things differently.
Yeah saw some improvement the back end of the year from him... Definitely more aggro

If Melbourne really want Blore this year why not just swap with Olam for this one year and if Olam doesn’t perform he goes back to Melbourne the following year.
My major concern with signing Olam is his age , we already have Klemmer,Bateman,Sezer and Api in our squad, I look at Penrith and their oldest player is Yeo at 29 and they have been the bench mark for 4 years (when Yeo was 25) I would prefer to keep Api and off load the other 2 plus Sezer leaving at the end of the year and go all in on the youth policy.
I'm not sure you understand how a youth policy works. It doesn't mean you only have players aged 25 and under in the squad!
Currently we have the youngest top 30 squad in the comp, by a fair way. We need several experienced pros to show them the youngsters the ropes, how to deal with the grind, the mental aspects etc. We have no real quality experienced backs. Naden, that's it. And he's probably playing nsw cup or moving on. Having Olam, Api, Klemmer, Luai, Bateman provides a very solid bunch of experienced pros to build our next gen

Members online

Back