Justin Olam #281

It’s a stretch to say Olam has ever been a “great” player. Definitely not based on 2023.

He was an above average player a couple of years back …

Not now though … just turned 30 and his form dipped noticeably in 2023 .

Roll the dice Benji ….just like you used to on the field when you were still playing ..

I am happy with this trade considering our forward depth. I do like Blore but to be honest he had a run back end of last year and didn't really set the world on fire. I think this is a good swap deal in an area we are lacking strike power. My only concern is that Olam is a pretty simple center. Crash balls, decent reads in defensive (in the Storm defensive system) but struggles to pass or create for his wing man. In saying that though, still an upgrade from what we have at center.
Feledy will be playing Super League in the next few years. I do not see an NRL center in him at present. Man-Child players at junior level usually do not amount to much moving into the NRL.

Last edited:
Dime a dozen, seen it 500 times before. Played 33 average games in 4 years. Injury prone and will still be living off potential at 35. Next

Adding Olam, although not a top tier centre in the game is still better than all our current backs by a country mile ready to go now, not potential. Tigers will get the better deal in this.

Blore already signed for Storm from 2025, most players check out once they are heading elsewhere in 12 months time, so we have nothing to lose in this scenario.
I don’t remember Cricthton checking out this year.

We’ll gain about 20k PNG fans if we land him. Hes a god over there

Yeah 4 sure. They'll watch his move closely.
Will be great 4 Jimmy Ngutlik as well as
@BlackWhiteGold mentioned earlier as
well. They might even see themselves
playing on the same edge together at one
stage, who knows. I really like this signing,
folks comparing him to BJ have lost their
marbles lol. Olam still has plenty in the
tank. Not paying full freight for him is a
great bit of business 2, let's make it official

I'm all for getting Olam here this year, I think that gives us some better depth so naden and toa and whoever else is pressured to compete. He's a genuine centre with a lot of experience. Id put him with tupou or someone else that is staying on and naden with staines.

Back