Justin Olam #281

Look forward to outcome of Olams medical. Seems like Bellamy wants him out ASAP.
Am I reading this correctly that Olam comes straight away but Blore has one more year with us ? Or does he go straight away as well ?
Im hoping with Marshall and Riho abooard we now have competenet medical pros that will not OK any serious or cronic conditions any player potentially coming here may have

This just to me sounds like one of thos ''too good to be true'' situations...theres usually something wrong, imo its his body starting to pack it in as hes used it as a weapon for some time now....hope im wrong and to have him here and back at his peak would be awesome

Reactions: BZN
Im hoping with Marshall and Riho abooard we now have competenet medical pros that will not OK any serious or cronic conditions any player potentially coming here may have

This just to me sounds like one of thos ''too good to be true'' situations...theres usually something wrong, imo its his body starting to pack it in as hes used it as a weapon for some time now....hope im wrong and to have him here and back at his peak would be awesome
If was certainly a big fall from grace for Olam in 2023 as he was widely regarded as a top 3 centre in the NRL prior to the 2023 season.
Hooefully we get to see him somewhere close to his best should he end up in Wests Tigers colours.

Yeah 4 sure. They'll watch his move closely.
Will be great 4 Jimmy Ngutlik as well as
@BlackWhiteGold mentioned earlier as
well. They might even see themselves
playing on the same edge together at one
stage, who knows. I really like this signing,
folks comparing him to BJ have lost their
marbles lol. Olam still has plenty in the
tank. Not paying full freight for him is a
great bit of business 2, let's make it official
Let me guess, you liked the BJ signing at the time as well?

I can’t remember where I saw/heard this, but there was some kind of incident at a training session with Olam. Once it happened, he was on the outer.
He’s not injured, just not wanted anymore.

Like I said, they're very scarce. Anyone over 30 is a risk.

Felise Kaufusi?

There may be others this year:
RTS
Jack Wighton
Kurt Capewell

The unknown with Olam is whether his form slump was due to coming back from injury or whether he is in fact past it.

I can’t remember where I saw/heard this, but there was some kind of incident at a training session with Olam. Once it happened, he was on the outer.
He’s not injured, just not wanted anymore.
Holbrook said he had a knee injury hence why he didn't play Pacific Champs end of the year. 100% PNG pick him if he is not injured. Not sure Id believe internet rumour over that

Ain’t that the truth.
2024 seems like a fresh start in many aspects, so let’s hope all the players new to the club start treating their time with us much more serious moving forward.

It’s a blood huge test for Benji.
1st year coach
Elevating a team from multi wooden spoons
Rebooting some players
Developing some of the hottest young kids

Then jump ahead 12mths and serious expectations follow in year 2 with Luai coming

If Benji & Richo pull this off the achievement has to be one of the greatest we have almost ever seen in the history of the game.

Very rare we have seen players regain form once they come to us for a fresh start.
Or is it just that no players have really shown much form for us in the last decade or so, regardless of how they came to us?
We haven't been able to develop players, we haven't been able to help players regain form, and the very few players who came to us that were in form generally went backwards. (although hopefully that's all starting to turn around)

Anyone saying there isn’t the smallest similarity to BJ is losing thier marbles . Older centre , plays a power game . Massively offside at thier old club where they spent the previous season with stints in reserve grade . Completely different people sure , but there’s an old saying “once bitten twice shy” .

Anyone saying there isn’t the smallest similarity to BJ is losing thier marbles . Older centre , plays a power game . Massively offside at thier old club where they spent the previous season with stints in reserve grade . Completely different people sure , but there’s an old saying “once bitten twice shy” .
Olam isn’t a fat, lazy lump - no comparison. Mentally they are miles apart. It wouldn’t be difficult to get on the wrong side of Bellamy - unless you’re a ‘suck hole’ like Cameron Smith!

Olam isn’t a fat, lazy lump - no comparison. Mentally they are miles apart. It wouldn’t be difficult to get on the wrong side of Bellamy - unless you’re a ‘suck hole’ like Cameron Smith!
How the hell would you know ?
I literally laid out reason why and you dismiss it . There’s clear similarities, on the surface ! Doesn’t mean they’ll have the same outcome for 100 reasons . But to dismiss people’s concerns is dismissive at best and arrogant at worst .

How the hell would you know ?
I literally laid out reason why and you dismiss it . There’s clear similarities, on the surface ! Doesn’t mean they’ll have the same outcome for 100 reasons . But to dismiss people’s concerns is dismissive at best and arrogant at worst .
Get A Life

Wonder if Api was consulted re Olam.

Seems to be a certain connection re signings.

If so, he would know if Olam is hungry.

Reactions: BZN
Felise Kaufusi?

There may be others this year:
RTS
Jack Wighton
Kurt Capewell

The unknown with Olam is whether his form slump was due to coming back from injury or whether he is in fact past it.
That's right, It's a massive bet.

It’s a blood huge test for Benji.
1st year coach
Elevating a team from multi wooden spoons
Rebooting some players
Developing some of the hottest young kids

Then jump ahead 12mths and serious expectations follow in year 2 with Luai coming

If Benji & Richo pull this off the achievement has to be one of the greatest we have almost ever seen in the history of the game.
I have no doubt John Morris will be playing a major part in the resurgence. I'd say in equal measure.

Back