Justin Pascoe lifts lid on Wests Tigers issues

@ said:
@ said:
Pascoe said all the right things in the interview, and I hope those who kept denying the fact that the club was a mess and had a lot of problems, have read Pascoe's comments on that.
The only real problem with Pascoe in the last month or so was the fact that they actually wanted Moses to stay. . Hadnt they seen enough to tell them that the big dream of him being the Future for the club, was dead and buried, if by any chance that Moses signed, then we were stuck with him and another huge bill for years. He was off contract and to even offer a new one was crazy , and unnecessary.
As far as Pascoe is concerned the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. When we show it on the field consistently , I'l be happy to admit my fears about him were wrong.
But talking won't mean anything unless we get some results. We've got probably the right coach, still not sure about the Admin.

Do you really think Pascoe and the rest of management were going to publicly state that they didn't want Mitchell Moses at WT? Of course he is going to say he wanted him to stay (whether he did or not), especially whilst that player is still playing for WT. Can't fault Pascoe on that one.

They told him after he'd refused the original contract ,that the other two were their priority, and theyd get back to him again later, but there was a contract offered.at the same time as the other three
If he'd signed that, we'd have been stuck with him.
And that is a worry, Thank God that Parra wanted him

@ said:
gday all,

Not sure if anyone remembers this , but when Marina GO had first come on the scene
(about 3 years ago) she had come out and said that the club was in a really bad way
and will continue be for the next 3 or so years. This year (2017) is the last year of all that ,
and she was totally right. She had said that from 2018 onwards , the club will be in a better
position , financially , and in many other ways , to be a more competitive club in
the NRL. Sinse then so much has changed at our club , financially , memberships ,
stability on the rise , sponsorships are on the rise.

Wed be even better off if she hit the trail. :pray:

@ said:
@ said:
gday all,

Not sure if anyone remembers this , but when Marina GO had first come on the scene
(about 3 years ago) she had come out and said that the club was in a really bad way
and will continue be for the next 3 or so years. This year (2017) is the last year of all that ,
and she was totally right. She had said that from 2018 onwards , the club will be in a better
position , financially , and in many other ways , to be a more competitive club in
the NRL. Sinse then so much has changed at our club , financially , memberships ,

Actually we'd be better off if you hit the trail.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
gday all,

You've hurt my feelings now :astonished:

@ said:
Pascoe said all the right things in the interview, and I hope those who kept denying the fact that the club was a mess and had a lot of problems, have read Pascoe's comments on that.
The only real problem with Pascoe in the last month or so was the fact that they actually wanted Moses to stay. . Hadnt they seen enough to tell them that the big dream of him being the Future for the club, was dead and buried, if by any chance that Moses signed, then we were stuck with him and another huge bill for years. He was off contract and to even offer a new one was crazy , and unnecessary.
As far as Pascoe is concerned the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. When we show it on the field consistently , I'l be happy to admit my fears about him were wrong.
But talking won't mean anything unless we get some results. We've got probably the right coach, still not sure about the Admin.

No one is arguing the place has been a mess for a long time. The board/CEO have been slowly putting the club on the right track in terms of football operations. They've wrested the club back from the players (admittedly seems to be happening much faster now with Cleary on board, but the initial moves were made well before he got here,) and seem to be giving their coaches more movement to make decisions in regard to player retention and recruitment.

They had issues with Farah and JT but if those moves got us to the position we're in now and we see medium and long term success (e.g. 2018 onward,) I think it'll be worth it.

@ said:
@ said:

No one is arguing the place has been a mess for a long time. The board/CEO have been slowly putting the club on the right track in terms of football operations. They've wrested the club back from the players (admittedly seems to be happening much faster now with Cleary on board, but the initial moves were made well before he got here,) and seem to be giving their coaches more movement to make decisions in regard to player retention and recruitment.

They had issues with Farah and JT but if those moves got us to the position we're in now and we see medium and long term success (e.g. 2018 onward,) I think it'll be worth it.

yes CB,Maybe you took notice of how we were before we dumped Taylor.
, But a lot havent, or have re written that part of our history.
It was the string of stuff ups over a long period, that was bringing us to the attention of the media as often as we did.
Im not going into all that again, but we were a mess,
Signing Cleary was the first step up, and I congratulate the club for that .

They had no choice but to sign a new coach ,as we were being looked at as amateurish by most clubs, supporters, and Admins, and Taylor drifted along without any direction or knowledge of how to fix things
I still will reserve my opinion until the players that weve signed, get the chance to show their stuff on the field,
And am also not interested in the puff reports that we'll be inundated with from the club stating that 'Player X is training the house down and is banging on the door, for a first grade spot
Weve seen all this before over many years

As I said, Im still waiting to see how these long contracts pan out, and am waiting to see if we get replacements for Tedesco and Woods that are as good as what weve lost.
Weve lost 2 Current SOO. Players, 1 is also a current Test player.( whether some of our supporters like it or not]
Tedesco has been referred to by more knowledgeable commentators and observers than us, as the
best Fullback in the game, and is last seasons Dally M fullback of the year,theyre gone, so it will be interesting to see who we get,
Im hoping that with Clearys connections , we may come out of this in a reasonable position, for next year.
The happy clappers, who as usual ,are throwing themselves at every player that has a nibble at the rather expensive baits that we are throwing out, will probably be the same people who are booing their butts off, if they dont turn out to be matchwinners in the next 12 months,
(a bit like goldfish , some only have an attention span of 3 seconds]

Apart from that, most of us want the same or similar thing, and thats a reasonable team ,
Id rather see how we go on the field first, , before hailing the second coming of the Saviour(whoever that may be)
On the field is what matters,

Can't help but feel the club set the tone with business dealings. They were mercenary in forcing Farah out(not saying it was justified or not) and now the 3 have been mercenary in their dealings with the club. Why complain? Those complaining about lack of loyalty and the treachery of managers while supporting the ousting of club legends need to take a rain check. The Board and CEO with the previous coach need to take the blame for rubbish attempt at recruitment. The fact that Taylor wasn't sacked at the end of last season shows the board and CEO are inept and have no idea. Really how long can you blame previous management for the clubs failures! No other club would have allowed 2 x SOO players who were juniors to leave! This includes the creating right environment at the club. Pascoe is right in admitting his negligence. He is paid big bucks to deal with players managers and to recruit. Go should go as she has no idea. Maybe put her in charge of next years newsletters or club wear. Don't blame the players in leaving after all they are following the example set by the club. Now with my ranting over its great to have a coach who can recruit and get the best out of the players. Hopefully we will finish this year in the semis and next year with a competitive side.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
gday all,

I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. What I meant to do what make it clear that you say stupid things.

@ said:
Can't help but feel the club set the tone with business dealings. They were mercenary in forcing Farah out(not saying it was justified or not) and now the 3 have been mercenary in their dealings with the club. Why complain? Those complaining about lack of loyalty and the treachery of managers while supporting the ousting of club legends need to take a rain check. The Board and CEO with the previous coach need to take the blame for rubbish attempt at recruitment. The fact that Taylor wasn't sacked at the end of last season shows the board and CEO are inept and have no idea. Really how long can you blame previous management for the clubs failures! No other club would have allowed 2 x SOO players who were juniors to leave! This includes the creating right environment at the club. Pascoe is right in admitting his negligence. He is paid big bucks to deal with players managers and to recruit. Go should go as she has no idea. Maybe put her in charge of next years newsletters or club wear. Don't blame the players in leaving after all they are following the example set by the club. Now with my ranting over its great to have a coach who can recruit and get the best out of the players. Hopefully we will finish this year in the semis and next year with a competitive side.

Unfortunately the current administration has had to deal with a legacy of mismanagement, salary cap issues and a culture of players and their managers running the club. Woods and Moses wanted too much money. They're readily replaceable. They were also part of the poor culture. If Pascoe is prepared to own his mistakes, Woods should own his too. He was Club Captain after all.

Tedesco is a superstar, and of the three leaving the one we will miss the most. Dynamic and a genuine game changer. He is also consistently injured. If I recall correctly 2015 is the only year he didn't miss lots of games through serious injury. He's torn his ACL, fractured his patella, cracked his fibula, had serious shoulder injuries, broken his jaw, had more than his fair share of concussions. I'll miss him and it'll always sting to see him in another team's colours, but on the money he commands you have plenty of eggs in a very fragile basket. I don't wish him anything but the best of health, and he is an awesome talent, but history suggests he will spend a good part of the rest of his career cheering from the stands.

Imagine if we got Cleary way back when instead of JT…

Prob coulda signed Cleary Junior

@ said:
@ said:
gday all,

… Do not pass GO.

I say bring back the days of directors with bottles of Grange and signing aging captains on long, inflated and back ended contracts. To hell with centers of excellence and crowd, merchandise, sponsorship and membership increases, give me infighting at board and player level any day.

Does anyone know what the players were thinking having their contracts all expire at once?

I had thought that they were trying to blackmail WT to keep them together and get Overs. I was surprised because I thought the idea was too keep everyone at the WT.

Cleary clearly spooked Woods. Woods is a champion forward and I like him, but not for 950K and I get Cleary knocking him back for that. Crying out loud he knocked back Jennings and Lewis!

IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! Sums all this up!

Farewell Tedesco, Woods and Moses. Gold diggers! Traitors!

Go well Ivan Cleary, you have my full confidence and are our best buy.You will shape Tiger future!

Paul (Tiger fan since 1964)

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
gday all,

GCT, you obviously have some hate of Marina Go and the new board, even though since they have come on board the Club has become much more professional. I find it hard to understand your view.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

GCT, you obviously have some hate of Marina Go and the new board, even though since they have come on board the Club has become much more professional. I find it hard to understand your view.

2 words.

First word starts with R. The second with F.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

2 words.

Roger Federer ?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

2 words.

Roger Federer ?

Has to be Raymond Faitala-Mariner!

Ryson Frizell?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

2 words.

Roger Federer ?

Has to be Raymond Faitala-Mariner!

Ryson Frizell?

VOLDEMORT - the name that should not be mentioned :laughing:

oh no! I don't know my alphabet! :bawling me going :crazy

Back