Justin Pascoe

Interesting interview. I see both Pascoe and Lee coming back in some capacity.
Pascoe is a clown...

Zero rugby league knowledge or understanding - just loves hanging aroung footy players for some sense of street cred...

No way will Pascoe be coming back in any capacity.

Lee can throw Brydens bucks at the club - but never be near the Board room again!

So what role do you envisage for him?

Pascoe is a clown...

Zero rugby league knowledge or understanding - just loves hanging aroung footy players for some sense of street cred...

Lee can throw Brydens bucks at the club - but never be near the Board room again!

Pascoe is a clown...

Pascoe is a CFO not a CEO. Our problem is that Richo will not be our CEO after this season. So who will be?

Lee will definitely continue with his effort to own our club, with money or influence. And if Benji succeeds at +50% win rate, he’ll try even harder.

Halfway through. Pascoe's approach to CEO seems inspired by David Brent from the office. He's a 'transformative' ceo who likes to be casual, who never intervenes in other people's roles and is accountable for everything but who was strangely not responsible for the Fulton mess, who just loves a practical joke and who wished the tiger town documentary focused more on his jokes, and who uses corporate jargon in place of actual ideas.

He seems like someone who never sees anything coming. It's just sad how many mistakes were made and how he seemed to never be held accountable by the club.

Pascoe is a clown...

Corporate Box owner.
Brydens can have Box #1 and heck it can be the biggest one we can get when we play at Olympic park. (I am unsure how this works with us not having a dedicated home ground)... Unsure what's available at the new Leichaert.

Player sponsor/backer.
Pick 2-3 guys, superstars. Ensure Brydens throws in for them and that they get naming,etc. I could see Brydens sponsor the whole Fainu clan.

bringing me to the last point.

OUR WORST COACH ever, Alan Jones. Yes that is saying something considering who we have had here, but take the player management skills of Jason Taylor and combine this with the versatility of a Madge gameplan and the League knowledge of Justin Pascoe... He flushed a team with Blocker, Siro and Benny Elias...

Yet... Soufs used him. What Souths smartly did was put Alan as a player mentor if one asked for it. Bush kids who did not know what a bank account was, people who had trouble with finances... It worked... We can do the exact same with Lee H. Hi Lee you are going to ensure this kid from the Bush can rent a property...

^perfect role for him and us. More "Football" contact, but no involvement in Coaching or key decisions.

I didn't give a crap what he said when he was here so I'm very long odds to watch this.
He ain't coming back either.
He admits to some of his biggest mistakes, I’ll give him that. And he supported the review and said he’d written a resignation letter prior. He handled his exit with dignity, I’ll give him that.

He still speaks like he’s an expert though, and his record to me indicates he really wasn’t one.

it was interesting that the lack of respect shown to Sheens and Benji over the Fulton appointment which he was involved in , was the same thing that actually happened to him and particularly Lee when they were sacked …No consultation about the decision prior to being made and informed via phone..( in Lee’s case)..

Pascoe had 9 years in the top role of a poorly performing team…if you look at other sports .. this was way too long …should have been sacked several years prior …

it was interesting that the lack of respect shown to Sheens and Benji over the Fulton appointment which he was involved in , was the same thing that actually happened to him and particularly Lee when they were sacked …No consultation about the decision prior to being made and informed via phone..( in Lee’s case)..

Pascoe had 9 years in the top role of a poorly performing team…if you look at other sports .. this was way too long …should have been sacked several years prior …
If you read between the lines, you can see a lot of issues with the board. Sounds like JP was ignored around the fulton appointment. Lee's sacking on phone was poor form too.

Halfway through. Pascoe's approach to CEO seems inspired by David Brent from the office. He's a 'transformative' ceo who likes to be casual, who never intervenes in other people's roles and is accountable for everything but who was strangely not responsible for the Fulton mess, who just loves a practical joke and who wished the tiger town documentary focused more on his jokes, and who uses corporate jargon in place of actual ideas.

He seems like someone who never sees anything coming. It's just sad how many mistakes were made and how he seemed to never be held accountable by the club.
Exactly, I’m sure his intentions were good but his foresight was non-existent. Came up with the doco idea after watching Subderland till I Die and didn’t consider the potential ramifications given the club hasn’t made the finals for 8 years at that point.

Wasn’t the time to be bold and innovative. Needed to lock down and do the basics right before you shout it from the rooftops, just like Richo is doing now.

If you read between the lines, you can see a lot of issues with the board. Sounds like JP was ignored around the fulton appointment. Lee's sacking on phone was poor form too.

Re Fulton - my take was that “he wasn’t ignored “… but at best he went along with it when he should have pushed back strongly…that is if he was not part of that decision making process that came up with it in the first place ..and if it wasn’t his idea then it certainly was Lee’s…

It’s a terrible decision that was made there … and certainly the final nail in the coffin..

The sacking on the phone isn’t ideal … but it’s not unique in the sports world …or other forms of employment

Last edited:
Listening to as I work,

Amiable guy, very intelligent but my criticism is the decisions

Handling of Robbie afarah vs JasonT
Getting suspended for 6 months
Hiring Mbye, Jrey, Packer etc on ridiculous money
Bungled retention of Ivan
Tales.of tiger town
Axing Madge
Hiring of Sheens and not seeing it through
Hiring of fulton

Listening to as I work,

Amiable guy, very intelligent but my criticism is the decisions

Handling of Robbie afarah vs JasonT
Getting suspended for 6 months
Hiring Mbye, Jrey, Packer etc on ridiculous money
Bungled retention of Ivan
Tales.of tiger town
Axing Madge
Hiring of Sheens and not seeing it through
Hiring of fulton

I thought Packer ( along with Matulino and McQueen) were Cleary’s call … with perhaps the fault being that Pascoe delegated the authority to give Ivan Cleary the power to make these calls to begin with ..

That Naden story was an obsolete cringe-frst, and James Graham wouldn’t have thought it was funny or a good idea either. He had to play along
I think that's the challenge of Justin. He seems to like to point out he's the top dog a lot. "Ask the Boss", The naden story, calling other people at the club "workers". It doesn't set a good cultural tone if you're trying to build a team environment.

The grandiosity is something he should work on.

What’s the story?
Called him into his office and closed the blinds.

Asked him to be honest and tell him what he did on the weekend because he was there to protect him and the club.

Made Naden think something had blown up in the media.

Basically because Naden was being a pest at training.

Amusing story, but probably had to be there for full effect.

Latest posts

Members online

Back