Justin Pascoe

Regardless of how they got their membership though if they rocked up to a function they would be considered a member. I do understand the angst but the above point just isolates to me that it really isn’t that big of an issue

I assume that this was a push to keep kids invested but only speculation
Don't know when these figures have been counted this way since.... But when I was assist coaching my sons team in Balmain JRL, all team & club official's recieved these match day passes as well as the kids.
There was never any mention of it also being a WTs membership card also and there was never info saying that on the card... I wouldn't have bought my WTs memberships those years if it did

Regardless of how they got their membership though if they rocked up to a function they would be considered a member. I do understand the angst but the above point just isolates to me that it really isn’t that big of an issue

To me it's an issue, it should have always been a case of 9,000 financial members and 11,000 junior or complimentary members, or probably even more correctly complimentary ticket or complimentary game pass holders.

Did they also give all the 11,000 free caps, scarfs etc. and if so, what did that cost?

What did that do to our supposedly fantastic bottom line?

If they didn't get the members merchandise, can they even be remotely regarded as members that can be included in the total membership.

From what Richo was saying it sounds like the 32,000 Souffs members are all paid up.

I suppose what they save on dental they can put into memberships.

Last edited:

Agree Red,

But this is corporate spin.

Noylt lying but certainly not telling the truth.

We should have 30 000 members if people are buying smaller packages.

This is pretty bad

Agree Red,

But this is corporate spin.

Noylt lying but certainly not telling the truth.

We should have 30 000 members if people are buying smaller packages.

This is pretty bad
It’s a bit of a wank and in reality winning games is far more important for the stature of the club

It comes down to what you’re selling
Nobody is going to pay for something that they don’t see value in
There is probably a number of people that are paying as a token gesture freely knowing or not needing value

It’s a bit of a wank and in reality winning games is far more important for the stature of the club

It comes down to what you’re selling
Nobody is going to pay for something that they don’t see value in
There is probably a number of people that are paying as a token gesture freely knowing or not needing value

Kinda, but the thing about sports is it’s emotional for the consumer and as long as the emotional connection is still there, memberships should be healthy. 100% the results on the field played a part in that low number but I think it also highlights how many fans were disconnected from the organization. Anyways, a lot of issues have been cut away this offseason, let’s see the numbers rise.

Interesting. Pascoes one saving grace, even with his harshest critics was how well the club is doing financially. Now Richo claims that is all bullshit.

I lost respect for Pascoe when I saw him at Fresheater Beach walking around with a top knot, but this takes the cake now.

Just on Richo, i love him but I wish he would stop giving his resume every interview.

Interesting. Pascoes one saving grace, even with his harshest critics was how well the club is doing financially. Now Richo claims that is all bullshit.

I lost respect for Pascoe when I saw him at Fresheater Beach walking around with a top knot, but this takes the cake now.

Just on Richo, i love him but I wish he would stop giving his resume every interview.
Worst part is south’s are going to be used in references about tigers and although it doesn’t bother me greatly now in the not too distant future it will

Pascoe is a CFO not a CEO. Our problem is that Richo will not be our CEO after this season. So who will be?

Lee will definitely continue with his effort to own our club, with money or influence. And if Benji succeeds at +50% win rate, he’ll try even harder.
I think you got it.

Or more to the point Pascoe was a good CFO and got the accounts in order. The running of the club, the facilities around training, etc. That has been a concern. In fairness it was a huge concern pre Pascoe.
I remember Braith Anasta saying there wasn't even injury tape, now Braith is an idiot but imagine you sign a Payne Haas or Latrell Mitchell and they suddely go "hey where is your gear".

Re Lee, we got to use him right. Keep him away from Board stuff, give him time with a few players that like him... Have a player or two turn up for friday drinks or something once a month and it will be fine.

We need a Tackling Coach bad. Chris Heighington, I don't know if he is the answer on phys conditioning. He has been around for ages and I havent seen the benefits for our squad. He sure isn't coaching Tacking and we need someone to up our game.

I wonder if Lee knew about "fudging" membership numbers when he said 'You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but it carries no weight whatsoever. It may have if you had even committed to become a member and put your money where your mouth is. You don't even do that.'

Sounds like a very large proportion of "members" did not put their money where their mouth is. Maybe Lee should have said "foot" rather than "money".

Hopefully the NRL grows a set and investigates who declared 20,000 "inflated" members. I'm sure the under-age honorary former members are entitled to know how their personal information was being used.

Latest posts

Members online

Back