Kelma Tuilagi

@needaname said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475510) said:
@jirskyr said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475483) said:
@needaname said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475241) said:
He will do the job he was signed for. A lot of similarities between him and Fitzgibbon. He was signed to lead on the field and I have no doubt he will lead from the front and show the young squad the type of attitude required to stay in a game and give your backs an opportunity to win a game.

If I can be honest, I thought James Tamou would do exactly the same thing.

Can’t disagree re Tamou.
Though in the case of Finucane, I dont hink he will be on his own at the Sharks with Moylan 30 (147), Graham 30 (259), McInnes 27 (130) and Fifita if he stays for the final year 32 (229).

3/4 of those you mentioned are, in my opinion, shot. Andrew Fifita's body is done and I am pretty sure Wade Graham is the same.

@jedi_tiger said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475229) said:
@needaname said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475215) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475050) said:
@tonytiger said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1474791) said:
@plisskin said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1474786) said:
@pedrolaurie said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1474762) said:
Kelma is class on and off the field. Forget signing more 2nd rowers when you've got Kelma Blore and Luciano already.

They need a mentor to take them to the level we believe they can reach. Imagine how their games would have escalated with a Dale Finucane type working beside them.

Finucane has been merely going through the motions since his mates rallied around to secure a 4 year pension at the Sharks in ridiculous money for a geriatric.. he’s a salary cap boat anchor - Elliot has more to offer

Finucane will be a bad Signing for sharks

Highly doubt that.

he will be a croc and not surrounded by other good players
He was a great player for Storm not now, he will be an overjoyed Signing for Sharks

I think this comment pretty much guarantees he will be a star at the Sharks.

I don't think Finucane will spend 4 years at the Sharks as a player. I think the 3rd and/or 4th year, Sharks may have the option to switch him to an off field role.

@tig_prmz said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475625) said:
I don't think Finucane will spend 4 years at the Sharks as a player. I think the 3rd and/or 4th year, Sharks may have the option to switch him to an off field rolI blame

I blame our Education system for people being unable to read the thread title and comment accordingly. Oh, I also blame Climate Change & Covid as well, just in case.

@jirskyr said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475483) said:
@needaname said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475241) said:
He will do the job he was signed for. A lot of similarities between him and Fitzgibbon. He was signed to lead on the field and I have no doubt he will lead from the front and show the young squad the type of attitude required to stay in a game and give your backs an opportunity to win a game.

If I can be honest, I thought James Tamou would do exactly the same thing.

So did I, but I also had a nagging feeling at the back of my mind of his last year at the Cowboys and first year at Pamfers. I thought that this was possible.

Tamou is married to my mates niece and from what I'm told hisperformance is not related to any lack of effort/dedication/preparation. I think he is old and buggered.

@cochise said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475605) said:
Kelma is class on and off the field. Forget signing more 2nd rowers when you've got Kelma Blore and Luciano already.

They need a mentor to take them to the level we believe they can reach. Imagine how their games would have escalated with a Dale Finucane type working beside them.

Finucane has been merely going through the motions since his mates rallied around to secure a 4 year pension at the Sharks in ridiculous money for a geriatric.. he’s a salary cap boat anchor - Elliot has more to offer

Highly doubt that.

He was a great player for Storm not now, he will be an overjoyed Signing for Sharks

nah, Hynes will be good for the Sharks I think Finucane will be lucky to play 12 games next year

@jedi_tiger said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475686) said:

Highly doubt that.

nah, Hynes will be good for the Sharks I think Finucane will be lucky to play 12 games next year

Hynes to bomb and Finucane to star then, put your house on it ;p

Love kelma he is going to be great for us going forward and it takes time to get used to NRL level no one comes into his position and is the new big fish a full year of NRL next season will do alot for him looking forward to see whats next

@cochise said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475715) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Kelma Tuilagi](/post/1475686) said:

Highly doubt that.

Hynes to bomb and Finucane to star then, put your house on it ;p

lol

Rookie Report: Kelma Tuilagi
Author - Michael Blok
Timestamp - Wed 29 Sep 2021, 04:11 PM

Wests Tigers rookie forward Kelma Tuilagi was promoted to the club’s NRL squad mid-way through the season and was rewarded with a first grade debuting after excelling for Western Suburbs Magpies in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup.

The 22-year-old originally started the season on a Development Contract but was rewarded for his continued effort and improvement throughout the year with the final spot in the club’s NRL squad.

He made his top-grade debut in Round 20 against the Warriors — playing five games in his rookie season.

Tuilagi was a standout for the Magpies as he played 14 games, in which he scored six tries, recorded seven line-breaks, averaged 98 metres a game and made 316 tackles with an efficiency rate of 91.1 percent.

The forward was overwhelmed when it was announced he would become Wests Tigers Player #249.

"I want to give thanks to the Wests Tigers for giving me this opportunity to debut," Tuilagi said ahead of his debut.

"A special thanks to Madge [coach Michael Maguire] and the coaching staff for believing in me, and the boys for backing me up all year.

"I want to say thanks to my family for all the sacrifices they'll put in, and also my partner Kaylie.”

STAT ATTACK
Appearances — 5

Tries — 2

Line-breaks — 2

Tackle breaks — 11

Average running metres — 63

Tackles made — 51

Tackle efficiency — 87.9%

NRL Fantasy points — 127 (avg. 25.4)

BEST TRY
Hitting and spinning his way to the line, Tuilagi scored a lovely try against the Cowboys in Round 22 — his first four-pointer in the NRL.

WHAT WAS SAID
I’m pretty grateful for where I am right now, because I didn’t grow up with much. Playing footy and having an NRL contract is not about me — it’s for my family … When I get paid, I send money back to my parents to go towards the family because they were the ones who supported me when I was growing up.

2022 FORECAST
After getting a shot in first grade in 2021, Tuilagi will be eager for more game time in the new year.

He'll return to pre-season training in November, where he'll give it his all to win a spot in Michael Maguire's 17.

One of the season highlights. He looked good from the trial against the roosters, surprised it took so long for him to be given an opportunity

Hard to gauge this until he gets some games under his belt and we see what we are missing. He’s only played 5 games.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back