Lachlan Galvin #277

Other than the Buzz article about an unnamed Aus Schoolboy, I haven’t seen anything.

Doubt he’d ask for a release after getting a Top 30 deal here when he likely wouldn’t get one anywhere else in the NRL at this stage of his career.
I thought it was likely Alex Conti seeing as though he's in the Waratahs and Australian Jnr Union academies as well as with us

I can see Lachlan being used a centre as he progresses up in grades next season.

I'm sure he'll add a bit of bulk & strength in the off-season to cope with the defensive element and he actually possesses good speed, line-breaking ability, offload and can take a high ball.

It would actually be a good way to progress him because he is quality! And then later on ease him into the halves.

I can see Lachlan being used a centre as he progresses up in grades next season.

I'm sure he'll add a bit of bulk & strength in the off-season to cope with the defensive element and he actually possesses good speed, line-breaking ability, offload and can take a high ball.

It would actually be a good way to progress him because he is quality! And then later on ease him into the halves.
How reliable is his defence?

Dominating the National Schoolboys Final today for Westfields. He commands the ball to direct the attack, has a good running & passing game, kicks long & short, love how he plays eyes up footy and is good defensively.

I do think he can come into open aged grade as a centre to start with. He's reasonably quick with a long stride. He reminds me a bit of a young Jacin Sinclair.

Dominating the National Schoolboys Final today for Westfields. He commands the ball to direct the attack, has a good running & passing game, kicks long & short, love how he plays eyes up footy and is good defensively.

I do think he can come into open aged grade as a centre to start with. He's reasonably quick with a long stride. He reminds me a bit of a young Jacin Sinclair.

Pity latu has a lock in on the 6. Not sure how ll they use him.

Wonder where the sees himself in terms of long term position in the nrl.

Westfields Sports High School beats Palm Beach Currumbin State High School 38-4 to win 2023 National Schoolboy Cup Final.

Lachlan Galvin awarded Player of the Match in the Final and Peter Sterling Medal for Player of the Tournament.

Lachlan Galvin player of match in National Schoolboys Final & Peter Sterling Medal winner for top schoolboy player of 2023.
Outstanding young player.

Needs to fill out a bit of course but he should go straight into flegg next season in the halves.
Has a bit of Fittler about him. Has the step and run, good pace, good passing game, short kicking game, and a decent long one too. He's a competitor too

He won't be in the forwards for at least another 5-6 years, probably not until his mid to late twenties. He really does look like a 5/8, but could transition via the centres. Depending how Sullivan and Latu go will determine where he makes his mark.

Part of the story from 2014:

Junior rugby league five-eighth Lachlan Galvin had scouts’ tongues wagging almost as much as he had his opposition in a spin in the 2014 season.

The Eaglevale St Andrews under-9s whiz had a season for the ages, winning the team’s best and fairest award.

He also won player of the tournament in every tournament the team contested.

Galvin was named player of the tournament in the Minchinbury State Knockout, player of the final in the grand final and player of the tournament in the Immortals Challenge.

The team won all of those tournaments to be the best under-9s rugby league team in the state.

Latest posts

Members online

Back