Lachlan Galvin #277

Its interesting some Peter Sterling medal winners go onto great careers -Adam Reynolds, Ben Teo, David Fifita, Payne Haas, Tom Dearden but a bunch of others never go anywhere including 2014 and 2015 blokes both NSW and QLD cup level max. Lets hope Galvin goes the right way

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/08d1e4c9dd391046f6b2796845bbd676

Westfields coach Troy Weeden has been singing his star five-eighth’s praises in schoolboys rugby league games all season, and in the national final, the Year 12 student produced something special.

With two tries in the opening 15 minutes and a pivotal role in the final result, Galvin was easily the star of the show in his school’s 38-4 thrashing of Palm Beach Currumbin at Allianz Stadium on Wednesday.

Galvin’s performance earned him not only the player of the match honours but also the Peter Sterling Medal as the best player in schoolboys rugby league in 2023.

The Tigers-bound playmaker joins illustrious company of NRL greats and current stars including Greg Alexander, Ben Elias, Adam Reynolds, Payne Haas and David Fifita to win the coveted medal.

“He’s a competitor, he’s a winner and he showed that in the first half particularly,’ said Weeden.

“He just took control of the game early on, with those first two tries, and he just set the tone for the rest of it.”

Galvin was quick to recognise the impact of his teammates in the win and said he was simply repaying his team for an error which almost cost them in the Peter Mulholland Cup final against Patrician Brothers, Blacktown in late August.

“It’s been a long time coming, we’ve all been dreaming of this since year 7,” Galvin said.

“We’re a brotherhood here, and now we’re national champions.

“I knew I had to repay the boys for my mistake in that last game, so I just went out there and played my best and we’re national champions now.”

Galvin is set to graduate this year and already has a contract in the NRL next year with the Wests Tigers.

“I’m very excited to go fulltime with the Tigers next year,” he said.

“I’ll just keep going on my footy journey and see where it takes me.”

Its interesting some Peter Sterling medal winners go onto great careers -Adam Reynolds, Ben Teo, David Fifita, Payne Haas, Tom Dearden but a bunch of others never go anywhere including 2014 and 2015 blokes both NSW and QLD cup level max. Lets hope Galvin goes the right way

Haven't seen him play, but we need him and his fellow youngsters to achieve above average results to get a reasonable way further up the ladder.

Worked well for Brooksy
Fittler went from Penrith to the Rorters because he wanted to win a comp.
Lets hope we can build a premiership side around him, to keep him at Wests Tigers and him not leave for greener pastures?
Elite players want to be in elite sides.

There saying in some reports he is looking to get out of his contract due to sheens leaving , anyone got any real info , not just reporters put shit on the tigers

There really are some good young halves coming through with Galvin, Mason etc We just need to create the right environment.

Not sure the 1920's gangster and his douchey assistant know how to do that, lets just hope Benji and his crew can run exclusively of them and get things working

Back