Lachlan Galvin #277

Sullivan isn't playing 7 though, he is playing 6. He is a better 7, more on the ball and roving around the ruck rather then on an edge as a 6.

I would drop Sezer for Galvin and move Sullivan to 7.
Does he have the required game management skills? Agree that he likes the ball in his hands but seems more an eyes up type to player - dare I say “Brooksesque”?

Does he have the required game management skills? Agree that he likes the ball in his hands but seems more an eyes up type to player - dare I say “Brooksesque”?

He probably doesn't but the way I'm looking at it is if the management Sezer is providing offers nothing then might as well back the flair of youngsters. It's a lot easier to take the bad with the good when it's young talent. It's hard to take the bad with seasoned players.

Also, I never subscribed to the theory you need one experienced half. I've always believed young halves can be more confident getting involved when partnered with another youngster. They feed off each other and have fun.

I think this started with a high dose of sarcasm and that got lost along the way somewhere

When they start to play like a serious footy team I might start to discuss them like one, but for now its sarcasm and lame humour, its all they deserve

If it was up to me - round 2 should be and quite frankly needs to be:

6. Sullivan
7. Seizer

14. Latu Fainu (if he isn’t eligible til Rd 3 then Simpkin based off the trials deserves a crack)

People hyping about Galvin I’m definitely with you he’s a supreme talent and I’m not saying he shouldn’t have a spot - if anything I actually hope by the end of the year he’s a regular first grader.

However, I also think Latu Fainu is the better player….. people will be shocked how good he is I reckon.

Kepoa I don’t think deserves a spot at all…..
I’d be looking at both of them on the pine in the long run with Twal and Sam Fainu rounding out the 17.

Sullivan should be who misses out, defence not good enough
7. Sezer
6. Galvin
14. L Fainu
hopefully in 2025 Galvin can transition to 13
7. Luai
6. L Fainu
13. Galvin

Simplekin can play lock can he? News to me, I bet it’s news to him too.
I doubt it seeing he did it several times last year and during the trial when he and Api were both on the pitch. Played similar to McCullough

If it was up to me - round 2 should be and quite frankly needs to be:

6. Sullivan
7. Seizer

14. Latu Fainu (if he isn’t eligible til Rd 3 then Simpkin based off the trials deserves a crack)

People hyping about Galvin I’m definitely with you he’s a supreme talent and I’m not saying he shouldn’t have a spot - if anything I actually hope by the end of the year he’s a regular first grader.

However, I also think Latu Fainu is the better player….. people will be shocked how good he is I reckon.

Kepoa I don’t think deserves a spot at all…..
I agree with you Teddy23 about the starting halves .. but I thought when Api and Sullivan were first receivers feeding Galvin there was a real uplift in intensity and creativity in attack .. can't wait to see how Latu goes .. we've got a good halves partnership in there somewhere.. just got to get the pieces right..

Sullivan should be who misses out, defence not good enough
7. Sezer
6. Galvin
14. L Fainu
hopefully in 2025 Galvin can transition to 13
7. Luai
6. L Fainu
13. Galvin
I like that as well though I would consider Galvin at 14 this year, so he can spend sometime in the forwards.

I starting the season thinking the Galvin talk would fade & he'd end up doing a development year in reserves.

Now I think he actually is in the equation.

Galvin needs a season in KOE Cup, sitting on the bench for most of the season will stunt and damage his growth as a future NRL player. Latu Fainu should be well above him in terms of starting this year.

Galvin needs a season in KOE Cup, sitting on the bench for most of the season will stunt and damage his growth as a future NRL player. Latu Fainu should be well above him in terms of starting this year.
Cooper Cronk was used predominantly as a bench player for 12 months before he established himself as a starting player at Melbourne.
Not ideal, but that proves it obviously can work.

I think Galvin probably slots into the centres.

We are short on quality there & don't necessarily lose anything by playing him ahead of some of our other guys.

Gets him on the field now. He's clearly quality. We lack that quality. Fittler & Daley started in the centres. Burton too (although I think he is over rated- he's possibly the best comparison to Galvin at this point)

The Tigers will only get better once we field as many or more high quality players as the opposition. This is why Galvin, Fainu, Lauali'i, Fa'agutu, Bula & Jordan Miller need fast tracking. When these guys are our starters & Seyfarth, To'a, Staines & co are our back-ups... we are a good team.

Benji, Heighno & Farah need to get these young guys into 1st grade shape as quickly as possible. No point having them physically outmatched. But once they are right body-wise, start playing them IMO.

While on Galvin....his eventual position.

I think he might be a Second Rower. Along the lines of what Schuster COULD be, but ideally a Liam Fulton/Gavin Miller type of ball player.

Luai & Fainu in the halves- I don't necessarily see Galvin shifting those guys in the short term. But, Bateman's spot in a year or two? Using his height & ball skills to free up players outside him? That I can see.

Lualili'i & Fa'agutu will fight out for #13 & Papali'i's spot I imagine.

Ability-wise.... we could have one Hell of a back row in a couple of years.

I think Galvin probably slots into the centres.

We are short on quality there & don't necessarily lose anything by playing him ahead of some of our other guys.

Gets him on the field now. He's clearly quality. We lack that quality. Fittler & Daley started in the centres. Burton too (although I think he is over rated- he's possibly the best comparison to Galvin at this point)

The Tigers will only get better once we field as many or more high quality players as the opposition. This is why Galvin, Fainu, Lauali'i, Fa'agutu, Bula & Jordan Miller need fast tracking. When these guys are our starters & Seyfarth, To'a, Staines & co are our back-ups... we are a good team.

Benji, Heighno & Farah need to get these young guys into 1st grade shape as quickly as possible. No point having them physically outmatched. But once they are right body-wise, start playing them IMO.
Agree. Galvin is most dangerous on the edges (if you watched his games last year), plus still not heavy enough for the forwards. Galvin in for Toa could be the way, but still maybe not straight away.

Members online

Back