Lachlan Galvin #277

Bud sucked during the trial.

He should get another go, or at least the chance to work his way up in Reserve grade.
Happy to punt him, We don't have to give him the year. Just let Fainu push him out of the way.
Mate @TrueTiger reckons I can't have an opinion because I never played in the NRL. I'll have to reserve comment I'm afraid.

Mate @TrueTiger reckons I can't have an opinion because I never played in the NRL. I'll have to reserve comment I'm afraid.
Funny how @TrueTiger holds that strict standard on the right to express an opinion on rugby league players - given he has so many strong opinions on vaccines without having passed Year 12 - let alone studied epidemiology!!

Obviously it is far more inapporiate and dangerous to voice your opinion on rugby league players if you have never made it to the NRL yourself - than it is to pretend to know more than medical professionals and experts in regards to vaccine efficacy and subsequently linking them to geo-political conspiracies!!

He is Truly the voice of reason!

Think people better get used to it.
Look, that's probably the case... and hey I am happy to punt him early.

It's his first trial game and the entire team sucked. Happy to punt the guy, even game 5 if that's the case. He is surplus to requirements and can go.

Just let Fainu/Galvin push him out! That way Bud can show some of what he can do and we can offload him easier (we will be paying some $$$ of his contract for certain) and Fainu/Galvin get that they need to work hard to earn the priviledge of playing for the WT.

Once again,you are welcome to your opinion,obviously your still butthurt because you didnt like someone sticking up for a player who works hard to play in the NRL that you dont like as a player...go for it,like you I have an opinion albeit opposite to you....
As for snidest,he has opinions about everything and everything,a wonder from behind a computer screen and keyboard...as a lot of you know I show my face and speak face to face to people openly and have been on here for 10 years and have enjoyed many a conversation and disagreements....
Having conversations with people about anything in a proper and civil manner is enjoyable,but when other people have to resort to personal digs without knowing that person dulls the conversation,,,

Lads do you think Galvin plays 14 or starts round 1
I'm willing to bet he neither starts, nor plays 14 in Rd 1.

Rd 2 may be a different story.

Seyfarth is the key to unlocking our backline. If he plays, Galvin may be thrown in. Seyfarth could always slot into half given his strong running and passing game.

Apologies. Just my opinion.

I'm willing to bet he neither starts, nor plays 14 in Rd 1.

Rd 2 may be a different story.

Seyfarth is the key to unlocking our backline. If he plays, Galvin may be thrown in. Seyfarth could always slot into half given his strong running and passing game.

Apologies. Just my opinion.
Great observation, have you got something against redheads?

Great observation, have you got something against redheads?
The genetics of red hair appear to be associated with the melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R), which is found on chromosome 16.

It's typically associated with fair skin color, lighter eye color, freckles, and sensitivity to ultraviolet light. He seems to carry these traits. Perhaps he's a better night game player?

Other than that, I don't know. We are all human.

The genetics of red hair appear to be associated with the melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R), which is found on chromosome 16.

It's typically associated with fair skin color, lighter eye color, freckles, and sensitivity to ultraviolet light. He seems to carry these traits. Perhaps he's a better night game player?

Other than that, I don't know. We are all human.
Nice. 😊

He is a half. Bud lost his spot in that trial. Child Prince at 6. Sezer at 7.

Latu pushing for 14 over Simpkin.
Bud looked like he held the trigger in that trial. Was very quiet

I’d give him a month to own that spot, otherwise it’s someone else’s turn. At the end of the day, these guys are auditioning to play next to Luai next year

Bud looked like he held the trigger in that trial. Was very quiet

I’d give him a month to own that spot, otherwise it’s someone else’s turn. At the end of the day, these guys are auditioning to play next to Luai next year
our attack was pretty conservative, which I feel was intentional. Bud will have 8 weeks on the right edge before questions begin to be asked about his future. Galvin will likely be named in the 14 and will put plenty of pressure on him if he continues on his current trajectory, which should hopefully bring out the best in both of them.

our attack was pretty conservative, which I feel was intentional. Bud will have 8 weeks on the right edge before questions begin to be asked about his future. Galvin will likely be named in the 14 and will put plenty of pressure on him if he continues on his current trajectory, which should hopefully bring out the best in both of them.
Yea, lets give Bud 8-10 weeks to prove himself....

Heck I would love it for him to become hyper competitive and blow away AD and all the past wannabe 5/8's we have had.

Sadly I feel like we know the conclusion to this. We have too many halfbacks and we need a solid backline.

from the SMH:

When it became apparent that there wasn’t a spot for Lachlan Galvin at Parramatta, there was one potential impediment to his return to the Wests Tigers.

The transfer would require the Tigers to pay a development fee of up to $5000, a sum that can often be a deal-breaker for clubs. Which is why Galvin’s father, James, told Tigers’ pathways and junior recruitment manager Shannon Gallant that he would chip in to help cover the cost.

“Clubs don’t like to pay it if they don’t have to,” James said. “I just said to Shannon, ‘If you pay half, I’ll pay the other half’.”

Galvin snr needn’t have worried. Part of Gallant’s charter is ensuring the best young juniors who have been lost to rival clubs return to the Tigers. Young Galvin was high on the priority list, and when Gallant did a background check with one of his previous coaches, Wayne Lambkin, the club was only too happy to pick up the tab.

“I was more than happy to oblige,” Gallant said. “There were talks of potential development fees, but the club was more than happy to pay to get one of its good kids home.

“When I rang Wayne to ask about him, I didn’t even get to finish his name. He said, ‘Do whatever you can to get him’.”

The development fee has been money well spent. At just 18, Galvin has been named to make his NRL debut for the Tigers against Canberra on Saturday. The Campbelltown junior will partner former Dragon Jayden “Bud” Sullivan in a new-look halves pairing in Benji Marshall’s first game in charge.

It is a remarkable rise for Galvin. When he returned to his junior club, Western Suburbs Magpies already had two contracted junior halves. So the Westfield Sports High product played the 2022 season in the back row as part of an undefeated team that won the premiership.

“He just blossomed, he loved it,” James said. “It worked out perfect.”

Although still in his teens, Galvin has already won the respect of his NRL teammates. The fittest man at the Tigers, the teen broke the club record for the 1.2km Bronco trial with a time of four minutes and 15 seconds.

“Once we saw him in action, he was killing everyone in the fitness drills,” Tigers captain Apisai Koroisau said.

“That was the thing that caught everyone’s eye, and then he started playing some footy, and he’s just as good as that, too.”

Tigers forward Stefano Utoikamanu added: “Oh, he’s a good kid. He’s trained very hard to get the news and it’s good. He’s getting an opportunity now and everyone’s gonna see how good he goes. I think he’s a good player, so I’m happy. He’s ready for this.”

Fellow forward David Klemmer said Galvin showed a maturity that belied his age.

“He could have used the excuse coming in here that he’s an 18-year-old kid, just dipped his toe in [the water],” Klemmer said.

“He’s come in here full throttle, winning every single fitness drill and fitness test by a mile. He’s trained hard, he’s done all the hard work. He’s a credit to himself. Now he’s got his debut.”

James said his son, all 193 centimetres of him, was hungry for success.

“The only funny thing about Lachie, he’s a massive eater,” James said. “If he comes home from training and his mother doesn’t have his food prepared, it’s like he’s going to cry.”

“The only funny thing about Lachie, he’s a massive eater,” James said. “If he comes home from training and his mother doesn’t have his food prepared, it’s like he’s going to cry.”
This doesn’t paint him as a spoiled brat at all. I probably would have left that nugget out myself.

Back