Lachlan Galvin #277

Crazy idea, but if Galvin and Luai are killing it, perhaps Jahrome shifts to lock? He is a decent defender and a big body.
Interesting WT, do you think he could handle the consistent work ?
Plus do we get a discount coz we’ve signed him on halves money, perhaps a little less as a 13?
Somehow I don’t think he buy it !

This is the reason I was initially against signing Luai, but the bigger picture was we needed a big name signing to bring some positivity towards the club.
As many have pointed out, an experienced player in Luai should only assist in the development of young halves such as Galvin and Fainu, the only downside is all 3 heavily favour playing on the left side of the field.
It will be interesting viewing watching how it pans out, for all we know Galvin and Fainu might both surpass Luai as NRL players by season 2026 and we might be looking to sell Luai’s contract in order to keep the other 2.
Not a bad position in be in

when tedesco Moses and Brooks were all on the scene nobody would have thought they would have left either, they were all mates and playing with their mates. The ones that left went for money and a poorly run club at the time

If Galvin and or Fainu leaves it may well not just be for cash as I think we would surely be competitive but it could be for playing in preffered position. If Galvin is happy to play 13 down the track then sure no problem we would likely keep all three.
Has anyone seen or know Lachy's dad or older brother? to get a gauge on his potential size/build!

I heard (podcasts) Galvin loves the Wts wants to play NRL with his mates from the lower grades. If the club culture is strong.. the players coming out of the development system will want to stay. Benji is the ideal coach to have in building this culture.
Panthers have lost players only because of the $ offered by other clubs , not because they wanted out.
Joesph Manu has been at the Roosters since 2016. Playing wing, centre, 5/8.
If we manage the cap right and lock the good junior talent in , we’ll be in a good position for years to come.

I was impressed at how he came back after his bin time, he was visibly upset by the incident but he didn’t let it shake him when he came back on.
The kid is going to be a great player, hurry and lock him up for his career 🤣

hopefully just 2 week, i dont think there was an injury to the eels player in the end , he came back to the field. FIngers crossed. Or Latu on the bench for sullivan?

The way he came off the ground makes it worse for Galvin. Kelma motion and hobbled into the sheds after probably doesn’t help.

He will get some time and hopefully whoever steps up next takes their chance just like he has.

Given Benji has played Bud off the bench wouldn’t be surprised if Latu (who was extended bench this week) is on the bench and Bud starts.

Back