Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if our chairman who went into bat for latrell, still thinks latrells a good level headed guy after he said he would regret signing here.

@05wt05 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101318) said:
wonder if our chairman who went into bat for latrell, still thinks latrells a good level headed guy after he said he would regret signing here.

Or just putting out a little Pygmalion intercourse.?

@twentyforty said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101300) said:
@jirskyr said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101236) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101149) said:
@jirskyr said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101061) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100919) said:
All of our own making going back to extremely poor retention decisions. If it wasn't so bad you would laugh about it. One of our junior clubs produces two outstanding fullback talents and we don't keep with either!

I don't understand this comment at all? Latrell signed on, apparently, for the opportunity to play fullback.

If we retained these mysterious outstanding fullback talents, we wouldn't have had space for Latrell?

We wouldn't need to go to market had they been retained.

Please tell me again about Papenhuyzen, it's a story I haven't heard for 5 minutes.

Often retaining players is not easy. But how do they do it at other clubs? AJ is a Souths junior graded with Souths.
How strong is our brand?
Souths was a foundation club made strong by having a cause greater than the sum of it’s members who protest marched in biblical style. Is that the emotion stirring historical legacy underpinning the loyalty of today’s players?
What have we got to surpass that? Anything which could pique our enthusiasm to march into battle for a heavenly cause? Perhaps a marquee signing?

That is very romantic and incorrect version of history. Souffs were kicked out because they were broke, poorly run and couldn’t win on or off the field. After they were reinstated nothing changed. Whilst Tigers and Magpies made tough decisions to ensure their future Souffs continued doing the same old same old and continued to go broke. They were bottom of the table and couldn’t attract players. They were alive only due to the good grace of Souths Juniors who bankrolled them but ultimately grew tired of it.

They would not have survived except they got bought at their lowest point by two millionaire fairy godmothers in Crowe and HAC.

Well if that comment 'regret' stings Wests Tigers fans, then let him know how you feel and get down to Leichhardt Oval for the Round 10 game.

Gold Coast Titans dig in over Jai Arrow as Rabbitohs circle
By WWOS staff
4 hours ago

The Titans are playing hardball with the Rabbitohs over Jai Arrow, targeting representative stars as compensation to allow their best player to walk out of his contract one year early.

Souths have signed Arrow to replace retired superstar Sam Burgess as the club's marquee forward but not until next season.

The Rabbitohs are desperate to bring the deal forward but the Titans have made it clear they will only allow that to happen on their terms.

Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, Titans head of football Mal Meninga said a big name forward would need to be part of a compensation package to trigger Arrow's release, with Test stars Cameron Murray and Tom Burgess named in the report.

"We consider Jai pretty important, probably our best player at the club," Meninga said. "We are very happy with Jai staying around."

Meninga's comments followed confirmation from Rabbitohs football boss Shane Richardson that even with Latrell Mitchell signed for 2020 the club were still hoping to add Arrow before the season starts.

However, the Rabbitohs are highly unlikely to entertain the idea of offering another one of their key forwards to the Titans to make that happen.

It's in the outside backs where Wayne Bennett has a surplus of talent following the signing of Mitchell, with recent reports indicating the likes of Dane Gagai and Alex Johnston are expendable.

Also in a tricky position is talented young utility Adam Doueihi who is likely to be forced into a back-up role by the arrival of Mitchell. That could lead him to agitate for a move but the Titans have so far been reluctant to consider an outside back as compensation for losing Arrow.

Indeed, Titans chairman Dennis Watt revealed to the Herald that the Rabbitohs offered them a winger last week, which failed to move the negotiations forward. "At this stage, we are obviously keen to keep Jai," Watt said. "They did offer us a player last week, but he was a winger so ... at this stage there is nothing there to interest us."

Watt said that Souths have not yet come to the table with a decent offer, but was eager to "wait and see what the club would come up with over the coming weeks".

@Glenn5150 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101339) said:
@twentyforty said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101300) said:
@jirskyr said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101236) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101149) said:
@jirskyr said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101061) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100919) said:
All of our own making going back to extremely poor retention decisions. If it wasn't so bad you would laugh about it. One of our junior clubs produces two outstanding fullback talents and we don't keep with either!

I don't understand this comment at all? Latrell signed on, apparently, for the opportunity to play fullback.

If we retained these mysterious outstanding fullback talents, we wouldn't have had space for Latrell?

We wouldn't need to go to market had they been retained.

Please tell me again about Papenhuyzen, it's a story I haven't heard for 5 minutes.

Often retaining players is not easy. But how do they do it at other clubs? AJ is a Souths junior graded with Souths.
How strong is our brand?
Souths was a foundation club made strong by having a cause greater than the sum of it’s members who protest marched in biblical style. Is that the emotion stirring historical legacy underpinning the loyalty of today’s players?
What have we got to surpass that? Anything which could pique our enthusiasm to march into battle for a heavenly cause? Perhaps a marquee signing?

That is very romantic and incorrect version of history. Souffs were kicked out because they were broke, poorly run and couldn’t win on or off the field. After they were reinstated nothing changed. Whilst Tigers and Magpies made tough decisions to ensure their future Souffs continued doing the same old same old and continued to go broke. They were bottom of the table and couldn’t attract players. They were alive only due to the good grace of Souths Juniors who bankrolled them but ultimately grew tired of it.

They would not have survived except they got bought at their lowest point by two millionaire fairy godmothers in Crowe and HAC.

Glenn, that is true. My point though, is that out of that struggle for survival something greater than simply survival attached to Souths. Rusty and Holmes a Court May have recognised the timing was right to throw in some funding and leadership to maintain the momentum.
However, as with coal under pressure becoming diamonds so to did Souths inherently strengthen their brand.
Our struggle to do better than ninth is minute in comparison but if handled correctly has the hallmarks of doing something similar to our brand.

@JD-Tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100934) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100929) said:
@Tiger_Steve said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100925) said:
@innsaneink said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100913) said:
This is a massive loss for us and I believe will have a roll on affect re recruitment.... People can put any spin on it they like but this is highly embarrassing for WTs

100%.

Let’s be clear - I love the Tigers. Doesn’t mean I can’t be fed up. The club keep saying failure is not an option but EVERY SINGLE TIME we have a moment that needs winning - we fail. On and off the field. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We need a HUGE signing before season kicks off but I reckon there’s stuff all chance of that.

We will probably fail to spend our 2020 cap money and get fined $500K by Greenberg.
That’s how we roll ...

I can see it now, like a scene out of Brewster's Millions with Richard Pryor, it's June 30, and 95% of our cap has to be spent, and we just scrape in with a few front loaded re-contracts, and Greenturd waves and says "Don't forget this cap exemption for $5,000 for the parking spots" and we have to do a mad rush and re-do Twal's contract again whilst Toddy is sitting there laughing watching his gold-rimmed watch...

Don’t forget his shiny-rimmed head!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/14/he-didnt-even-talk-about-football-how-crowe-won-over-latrell

Interesting read including what dad and Latrell think about Maguire

@Telltails said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101430) said:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/14/he-didnt-even-talk-about-football-how-crowe-won-over-latrell

Saying no to Michael Maguire
Mitchell's comment on Monday about how he would have regretted a move to the Wests Tigers was not intended as a shot that club or coach Michael Maguire. Matt Mitchell said his son's comment rather suggested that if he had accepted that deal two weeks ago the Souths opportunity that came up wouldn’t have eventuated.

"Look, he was real close to signing with the Wests Tigers but I think that Wayne Bennett chat just got him over the line," Matt Mitchell said.

"He really likes and respects Michael Maguire. He thought he was a real man's man and he loved the way he spoke to him. Latrell said he was straight up as well which Trell really liked.

"And he knows [Wests Tigers general manager of football] Adam Hartigan. Adam coached both my boys at the Roosters in under 20s and he felt comfortable there."

Mate, I've got room for you here and I'd love to coach you

Wayne Bennett's words to Latrell Mitchell

@ALX22 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101341) said:
Well if that comment 'regret' stings Wests Tigers fans, then let him know how you feel and get down to Leichhardt Oval for the Round 10 game.

Flights are already booked, this is my once a year Leichhardt game.
Can't wait to stand on the hill chanting my guts out.

"Crowe didn't even talk about footy"

Of course not

Didn't need to

Just had to tell him we don't have the money under the cap the tiger's do bit I have these bags

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

And when you retire we have a job for you

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

And all you do is sit in an office and

Well you don't even sit in an office

But don't tell anyone cos Todd doesn't know

Sorry Todd does know but he will lose his job if you tell anyone and without him we couldn't offer you this deal

So

Just sign here and keep your bloody mouth shut hey

@Hangonaminute said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101444) said:
@ALX22 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101341) said:

Flights are already booked, this is my once a year Leichhardt game.
Can't wait to stand on the hill chanting my guts out.

Where are you from?

@happy_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100975) said:
@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100950) said:
Is it true that Souffs will be known as the Redfern All Blacks this seasons

And we will be known as the Campbelltown Cellar Dwellers

Give it a rest.

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101443) said:

Saying no to Michael Maguire
Mitchell's comment on Monday about how he would have regretted a move to the Wests Tigers was not intended as a shot that club or coach Michael Maguire. Matt Mitchell said his son's comment rather suggested that if he had accepted that deal two weeks ago the Souths opportunity that came up wouldn’t have eventuated.

"Look, he was real close to signing with the Wests Tigers but I think that Wayne Bennett chat just got him over the line," Matt Mitchell said.

"He really likes and respects Michael Maguire. He thought he was a real man's man and he loved the way he spoke to him. Latrell said he was straight up as well which Trell really liked.

"And he knows [Wests Tigers general manager of football] Adam Hartigan. Adam coached both my boys at the Roosters in under 20s and he felt comfortable there."

Mate, I've got room for you here and I'd love to coach you

Wayne Bennett's words to Latrell Mitchell

Back up, we have a brand to protect now. Don't want to be seen as a petulant grub.

I'm glad he took the effort to clarify after Fox ran with the "snubbed" header.

>Saying no to Michael Maguire
>
>Mitchell's comment on Monday about how he would have regretted a move to the Wests Tigers was not intended as a shot that club or coach Michael Maguire. Matt Mitchell said his son's comment rather suggested that if he had accepted that deal two weeks ago the Souths opportunity that came up wouldn’t have eventuated.
>
>"Look, he was real close to signing with the Wests Tigers but I think that Wayne Bennett chat just got him over the line," Matt Mitchell said.
>
>"He really likes and respects Michael Maguire. He thought he was a real man's man and he loved the way he spoke to him. Latrell said he was straight up as well which Trell really liked.
>
>"And he knows [Wests Tigers general manager of football] Adam Hartigan. Adam coached both my boys at the Roosters in under 20s and he felt comfortable there."

@tiger05premier said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101450) said:

Of course not

Didn't need to

Just had to tell him we don't have the money under the cap the tiger's do bit I have these bags

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

Sorry Todd does know but he will lose his job if you tell anyone and without him we couldn't offer you this deal

So

Love Love this post

@tiger05premier said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101450) said:

Of course not

Didn't need to

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

So

What's stopping us doing the same? We chucked $600k at a 35 year old Farah. Why not at a player that has a use?

@cqtiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1101457) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100975) said:
@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1100950) said:
Is it true that Souffs will be known as the Redfern All Blacks this seasons

And we will be known as the Campbelltown Cellar Dwellers

Give it a rest.

Yeah OK

I should rest up like our recruitment team has

Of course not

Didn't need to

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

So

If there was any person I wouldn't be offering brown paper bags to it would be Latrell

His management team would have him threatening Crowe if he didn't kick in more brown bags they go to the press

After reading that story I’m glad he’s gone to the crap hole club he belongs at.
I’ll leave it at that so I don’t get booted off the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back