Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true probably signed elsewhere already similar to what we did with Teddy and Woods.

@tiger05premier Just on news .. Robinson called him into office and notified him that the contract offer has been withdrawn !

@Snake said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076387) said:
@tiger05premier Just on news .. Robinson called him into office and notified him that the contract offer has been withdrawn !

Cheers Snake

@Tweed_Tiger said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076392) said:
Dogs forum seem to think they are after JAC.

😳

Bulldogs.......calm down

Maybe Mitchell is the what the signing 🤔

The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/05/club-statement-regarding-latrell-mitchell/

@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076401) said:
The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/05/club-statement-regarding-latrell-mitchell/

Try NFL, don't come here.

WT are definitely not the club for LM. Overpaid player + Wests Tigers = Disaster. It's a tried and true recipe. It'd be great to have him here, but not only can I never see it happening, even if it did, I couldn't see it working out. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

I think the kind of money being talked about for him is crazy. I know he can be brilliant but he rarely produces it.

For me he is a 600k player maximum. If he had 800K on the table as reported he should have jumped at it.

@Bones said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076405) said:
I think the kind of money being talked about for him is crazy. I know he can be brilliant but he rarely produces it.

For me he is a 600k player maximum. If he had 800K on the table as reported he should have jumped at it.

You just can't pay a centre that amount of money. We've already seen that other players (Keary, Tedesco) have to play well for Mitchell to perform. When Keary is out or has an off night, Mitchell is usually quiet. TBH I think 800K is a fair price considering he brings more than his playing ability to the table (marketing and such).

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076406) said:
@Bones said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076405) said:

You just can't pay a centre that amount of money. We've already seen that other players (Keary, Tedesco) have to play well for Mitchell to perform. When Keary is out or has an off night, Mitchell is usually quiet. TBH I think 800K is a fair price considering he brings more than his playing ability to the table (marketing and such).

He would be worth a million a year as a fullback to a club like us IF he was motivated every week.

IF he was, he'd be the greatest signing in our history and could lead a whole new era.

IF he came and was not motivated, piled on the kilos and wanted to go back to Taree every few months = long term on millions would be a disaster.

Personally, I'd roll the dice and go after him. But you'd have to make sure you had brilliant support staff in place.

* Mole Warning*
The Bulldogs have dropped off their chase for Latrell Mitchell, leaving the enigmatic centre's future in limbo.

Mitchell is on a deal worth around $800,000-a-season at the Roosters but comes off contract at the end of next year.

Relations are strained between player and club and Mitchell held a secret meeting with a leading Canterbury official last week.

But the Bulldogs have done their sums and decided not to try to match or better the Roosters' big contract for Mitchell, whose form was only patchy last season.

The Bulldogs believe their money would be better spent on two to three good solid first graders, rather than one player who can run hot or cold.

The Canterbury move shapes as a setback for Mitchell, who faces the possibility of a pay cut from the Roosters.
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/086ebc26-c383-4200-8910-2c65ecfc4027?__twitter_impression=true

@bptiger said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076400) said:
the roooters are playing games,its called ducks and drakes. bet they sign a gun then they will find the money to sign Mitchell. there are full of sh****

Not wrong mate, when they make their next huge signing, Latrell will sign for way less on the cap, and get the rest outside the cap, as they always do over at Bondi:rage:

So who does that leave? South's maybe or Latrell may have to accept that he has an over inflated opinion of himself and his worth. Having Choc as a middle man may have something to do with that.

Latrell and Walker both asking for too much according to the clubs that know them best.

Common denominator? Matt Rose.

Watch for Wighton to go thru the same very soon.
https://twitter.com/macktruck81/status/1191637713876709376?s=19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back