Lawrence in origin 18th man

innsaneink

Just announced on MNF Chris Lawrence is 18th man for the Blues, replacing I think Josh Dugan who must be injured , didnt hear it all

Congrats to Chris :master:

Wonder if theres any niggling injuries in the squad or if hes just there for the sake of it?

@innsaneink said:
Just announced on MNF Chris Lawrence is 18th man for the Blues, replacing I think Josh Dugan who must be injured , didnt hear it all

Congrats to Chris :master:

agree innsaneink, but it must have killed daley esq. to put a tiger in the squad, even if it is 18th man. lawrence deserves a real opportunity next year along with farah and get selected from the start in soo 1\. anyway when the clown daley and the 3 ringed circus of selectors get the flick for next years series, maybe, just maybe nsw might get the right team on the paddock.

@Blackpearl said:
agree innsaneink, but it must have killed daley esq. to put a tiger in the squad, even if it is 18th man. lawrence deserves a real opportunity next year along with farah and get selected from the start in soo 1\. anyway when the clown daley and the 3 ringed circus of selectors get the flick for next years series, maybe, just maybe nsw might get the right team on the paddock.

Spot on!

Congrats on Lawry getting the nod and hopefully he gets selected next year, but now Gaz is back… whats the bet he gets overlooked hahaha

Congrats to Rowdy but bugger me if he doesn't deserve a spot in front of Beau Scott.

good if he is in camp can get a bit of experience from it. don't want him playing though. Need him fresh and fit for gold coast!!

What a thrill for 'Man Child'. Unlucky to miss out last year when injury struck and was never in the minds of the selectors this year either which was NSW loss. Lawrence is built for Origin. Big, strong, tough, fast. It's a shame that he is in the #18 when really he should be in the #4\. Hopefully this will give Lawrence the confidence and more so the motivation to aspire towards higher goals, starting with Wests. Rep football is in his grasp.

Lawrence, Douglas in as cover
By Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph July 06, 2010 12:00AM Share

NSW will today call in Luke Douglas and Chris Lawrence as their 18th and 19th men.

The pair will arrive in camp this morning as the Blues finish their preparations for tomorrow night's third State of Origin match at ANZ Stadium.
\
\
Douglas narrowly missed out on a spot in the squad to Sharks teammate Kade Snowden, while Lawrence was a last-minute replacement as 18th man for Josh Dugan, who was ruled out through medical advice.

The Blues will train at Homebush at 3.30pm today.

LAWRENCE TAKES ONE SMALL STEP CLOSER TO NSW SELECTION
6/07/2010 9:59:13 AM
Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence has taken another small step closer to representing NSW after being named 18th man for the Blues.

Lawrence was called in to the Blues camp last night to replace Canberra’s Josh Dugan, who was ruled out as 18th man on medical advice. Cronulla prop Luke Douglas is 19th man.

Having represented City against Country this year, Lawrence has been in fine form for the Wests Tigers. His selection as 18th man for tomorrow night's third Origin match at ANZ Stadium is a just reward and keeps him in the eyes of the NSW selectors.

Lawrence will return to the Wests Tigers in time for the team's final training run on Thursday before Friday night's blockbuster against Gold Coast Titans at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Lawrence turned in a solid performance in his first appearance as a starting five-eighth in the win over Brisbane last Friday night.

Congrats Chrissy! Better late than never, should have been there from the start! :wahoo:

Any chance of him playing?
Are there any injury concerns over anyone?

Unless they realise that Beau Scott is a fraud I doubt that Lawrence will get a look in, and even then, they'd probably put Douglas in the centres before Lawrence.

Good on you Chris… (I will also say a small well done to Tim Sheens for showing the selectors his versatility value on the weekend)

I hope Chris enjoys his time around the Squad and has time to bond with a few members of the Team. Either way, I've seen the effects of being given this opportunity, and I'm sure Chris will come back to the Tigers more hungrier, dedicated and professional then he has been in the past. Just the opportunity to get strapped, pull on the jumper & warm up with the team is a great experience.

I'm certain this is a good stepping stone into the mainstream Rep football...
:sign:

Someone needs to go out to Homebush and kneecap Beau Scott

Someone needs to go out to Homebush and kneecap Beau Scott

Possibly one of the dumbest posts I have read here.

Well done Chris Lawrence btw, great to see you being recognised.

Back