Lee & JP finally lose the confidence of the Board??

I do want to say this process has actually been fairly hard for me. I have had a bit to do with people involved in the club and have always had good relationship with the club. I love the club and have found it difficult being offside with the club.

I hate negativity around the club and the articles the last couple of days have made me feel sick knowing that I am partially responsible for them through the petition. I still believe that it was the right thing to do and would do it again but I don't enjoy it and have nothing to gain from this other than hopefully eventually having a winning football team to support.
The process you helped initiate in the public domain has the potential to backfire on some or all of us despite your best intentions.

I'm sure you are aware some of your supporters are not as well intentioned even though that is outside your control.

Last edited:
Bottom line: The guys failed to achieve even half good results.

Still, the media is unfair the way they list all the coaches under their tenure. It wasn't their fault that Cleary jumped ship and, if anything, Madge was given a year too long. No problems with what they did there, but the decision to ignore Flanagan and instead hire Sheensy and Benji was poor.

Everyone has different views including people who signed.

Why was his considered and not other's.
As I said earlier, you would have to ask the review team why they chose the people they decided to interview.

But why should my.opinion have less weight than anyone elses as well,

I think the guys conducting the review are smart enough to realise that fans are looking in from the outside and the most pivotal information is going to come from the people more closely engaged in the club.

I totally respect that mate!

Not trying to prosleytyze at all - but it was apparent long ago that the change needed could not be achieved from within

Justin and Lee literally fall back on the "how could we have changed the result today/yesterday" defence while ignoring the systemic rot that has set in under their watch!
I have no problem with your view on that. I am an eternal optimist mate, try and remain positive as much as I can. As much for my own mental health issues as anything else, so I think it probably takes me longer to get to your position than most.

But what that probably means is that when I get there that most people are feeling similar

As I said earlier, you would have to ask the review team why they chose the people they decided to interview.

I think the guys conducting the review are smart enough to realise that fans are looking in from the outside and the most pivotal information is going to come from the people more closely engaged in the club.
Fair enough,

But you should have declined the invite for the sake of governance.

really based on Mr Barnier and his family tipping in money and not doing the review for a price ,but because of an emotional connection they all have for the club,about as palatable as your rhetoric

Still, the media is unfair the way they list all the coaches under their tenure. It wasn't their fault that Cleary jumped ship and, if anything, Madge was given a year too long. No problems with what they did there, but the decision to ignore Flanagan and instead hire Sheensy and Benji was poor.
Agree 100%

If anything the club has too much governance.

Flanagan should have appointed and Sheens remaining as football manager.

But we are too squeaky clean.

Wish our club paid players under the table and journalists too.

The process you helped initiated in the public domain has the potential to backfire on some or all of us despite your best intentions.

I'm sure you are aware some of your supporters are not as well intentioned even though that is outside your control.
Mate, that could literally be said in any change situation. I think this process has been done in calm and respectful manner, those people with bad intentions are still going to be there regardless of the petition being used or not.

In fact I could argue that without the petition maybe some of those people who aren't as well intentioned would have found other ways to be heard that were more damaging.

Things aren't black and white mate, I decided I wanted to see change at our club and myself and the podcast guys decided this was the most respectful way that would help increase our chances of success.

No you can say that you think everything is fine at the club, that's you decision, but I don't agree with that.

I don't think you can say any of the guys from the pod have been anything but respectful. Our feedback from the Holman Barnes Group is that they appreciate the way we did this, they even mentioned the pod in their press release.

We want change at the club, but we have been as respectful and as reasonable as possible.

Mate, that could literally be said in any change situation. I think this process has been done in calm and respectful manner, those people with bad intentions are still going to be there regardless of the petition being used or not.

In fact I could argue that without the petition maybe some of those people who aren't as well intentioned would have found other ways to be heard that were more damaging.

Things aren't black and white mate, I decided I wanted to see change at our club and myself and the podcast guys decided this was the most respectful way that would help increase our chances of success.

No you can say that you think everything is fine at the club, that's you decision, but I don't agree with that.

I don't think you can say any of the guys from the pod have been anything but respectful. Our feedback from the Holman Barnes Group is that they appreciate the way we did this, they even mentioned the pod in their press release.

We want change at the club, but we have been as respectful and as reasonable as possible.
You should have considered a private suggestion to the club. Certain sections of the HB group where considering changes anyway.

This is already creating internal division.

The involvement of a public petition and the media has the capacity to bring negative feedback to the club in previously unfathomable ways.

You should have considered a private suggestion to the club. Certain sections of the HB group where considering changes anyway.

This is already creating internal division.

The involvement of a public petition and the media has the capacity to bring negative feedback to the club in previously unfathomable ways.
The Holman Barnes Group's feedback is that they are happy with how we approached this, I'll take that feedback.

So based on what I’m reading in the previous posts, it is being suggested the club hierarchy are at fault for choosing Benji as our coach and not signing Shane Flanagan when he was available.
Benji the greatest Wests Tiger of them all has not even had a chance to prove himself, why are we writing him off without the opportunity to prove himself ?
I like the way Shane Flanagan talks about the game and as a Premiership winning coach you would think he has something to offer.
However he is now the Dragons coach and they are the bookmakers early favourite to win the Wooden Spoon in 2024. If he’s that good why is this the case ?
His decision to release a home grown young up and coming star in Jayden Sullivan in favour of signing his son is very questionable to say the least.
I heard we were very close to signing him until it become apparent he would be bringing his son with him to wear the number 7 jersey whether that was the best option for the team or not.

Last edited:
Man. United.
Yes, I remember that reference just after the premiership win in 2005; Steve Noyce the CEO said we'd become the Man United of the NRL.
I'm sure Steve meant well, but the story that followed speaks for itself.
I think he meant Munted.

Man. United.
Yes, I remember that reference just after the premiership win in 2005; Steve Noyce the CEO said we'd become the Man United of the NRL.
I'm sure Steve meant well, but the story that followed speaks for itself.
I remember that too. In hindsight, we caught fire for half a season (not even a full season) and were unbeatable. We aimed to be Man Utd, instead we were Leicester City.

Can I just say, I have enjoyed how Magpie_magic and cochise have conducted themselves in this little debate they are having. Many of us could learn a thing or two from it, myself included.

It will ve great to finally see change, let's hope they get the right people.
There are a few exchanges going on in this thread that span a spectrum of respect, passion and emotion. Respect for differences in opinion is what makes a democracy. The thing in common is that we all want success and that change is necessary. I signed the petition for this reason and I’m happy for the review. That said, I don’t like what I have seen in the last two weeks going on in the background mid review. So characteristic of West Tigers and is why we are in deep trouble. Hopefully the outcomes of the review will lead to better leadership, decision making, governance and stability and give us clean air to execute a sound strategy. The performances and success should follow. Then we’ll be more united as a fan group.

So it turns out the independent review is not so independent. When you tip in $100k you obviously have a closer relationship to the club than the average supporter and arrive with predetermined ideas based on that relationship.
I keep reading that the "Holman Barnes Group" are happy with the process. Well the Holman Barnes Group sounds fancy but it's just another name for Wests Ashfield. It's not some group of geniuses.
So I suspect we're talking about a member of the board of Wests Ashfield with an agenda.
I've never been ashamed of supporting Wests but I tell you what I am now. To interview journalists, ex players with gripes, podcasters and other irrelevant supporters and air that treason and treachery in public with a predetermined end goal and call that an independent review is shameful.
To sabotage Benji's first year as coach. To sabotage our ability to recruit and even appoint a football manager, these are things that Wests people don't do, all for the self aggrandizing agendas of those involved.
Shameful

So it turns out the independent review is not so independent. When you tip in $100k you obviously have a closer relationship to the club than the average supporter and arrive with predetermined ideas based on that relationship.
I keep reading that the "Holman Barnes Group" are happy with the process. Well the Holman Barnes Group sounds fancy but it's just another name for Wests Ashfield. It's not some group of geniuses.
So I suspect we're talking about a member of the board of Wests Ashfield with an agenda.
I've never been ashamed of supporting Wests but I tell you what I am now. To interview journalists, ex players with gripes, podcasters and other irrelevant supporters and air that treason and treachery in public with a predetermined end goal and call that an independent review is shameful.
To sabotage Benji's first year as coach. To sabotage our ability to recruit and even appoint a football manager, these are things that Wests people don't do, all for the self aggrandizing agendas of those involved.
Shameful

Thats fine to have that opinion…

Are you as also concerned with the conflict of interest with having the main sponsor tipping in 10 times that amount of money annually, whilst being the CEO?

He has gotta go mate … scrap the review if you think it’s unfair … but just get rid of him

Shameful
I agree with almost all of this, however, podcasters? Talk about an inflated sense of self importance.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back