Lee & JP finally lose the confidence of the Board??

Agree 100%

If anything the club has too much governance.

Flanagan should have appointed and Sheens remaining as football manager.

But we are too squeaky clean.

Wish our club paid players under the table and journalists too.

And now we got various key Managers shouting the journalists lunch at fancy restaurants every quarter … blabbing all the clubs business to them and actually taking their advice on coaching appointments..

Great way to run a club

As stated in David Rocco’s article this morning, the club needs solidarity at the moment to hopefully keep the key players coming off contract and allow Benji and opportunity to build the roster he wants.
Upheaval and change will only damage the chances of key players staying and will not allow Benji a fair chance to build a roster he’s happy with.

As stated in David Rocco’s article this morning, the club needs solidarity at the moment to hopefully keep the key players coming off contract and allow Benji and opportunity to build the roster he wants.
Upheaval and change will only damage the chances of key players staying and will not allow Benji a fair chance to build a roster he’s happy with.
Yep

Anyone have the article?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007-130641_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007-130641_X.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 33

Was this contemplated before doing or advocating the review?

I know of two decent players in discussions at the moment.

Maybe they previously talked Lee & Justin.

If I were them I'd be staying at the incumbent club.

Irrespective Lee has to go. I dont mind if Pasco remains, but Lee seems to care more about his image and feeding the press than the betterment of the club. That may be unfair and I have never met the man but I would trade him back for Marina in a heartbeat.

I know of two decent players in discussions at the moment.

Maybe they previously talked Lee & Justin.

If I were them I'd be staying at the incumbent club.
Can you name them or at least confirm the clubs they are at so we can guess?

That “article” was purely a negative opinion piece serving as a vehicle to get clicks.
The senior parts of this club have driven us from bad to worse, repeatedly making poor decisions and being totally unaccountable for their failing leadership.
It’s time for the club to review the issues and find a renewed direction that doesn’t perpetuate the culture of losing and mediocrity. To continue on as we have will just see Benji become the next WT scapegoat.

Whatever anyone thinks of Lee, a successful wealthy lawyer proprietor of a successful law firm that has been a passionate Wests and Wests Tigers fan for decades is just going to walk out after pumping 10 million large into the club is seriously misguided.

Think of the possible reputational damage to him and his firm as this plays out in the media.

It may also lessen his passion for the club.

What of Api who recently resigned with these guys.

What of Benji and John Morris.

We are not the Broncos with an untouchable identity whereby the total management, ownership and board could be replaced......and no one would hardly notice.

Our club is a delicate balance of old and new fans of different parent clubs.

If this doesn't get of the press quickly it's all downhill.

Good point.
Whatever anyone thinks of Lee, a successful wealthy lawyer proprietor of a successful law firm that has been a passionate Wests and Wests Tigers fan for decades is just going to walk out after pumping 10 million large into the club is seriously misguided.

Think of the possibility reputational damage to him and his firm as this plays out in the media.

It may also lessen his passion for the club.

What of Api who recently resigned with these guys.

What of Benji and John Morris.

We are not the Broncos with an untouchable identity whereby the total management, ownership and board could be replaced......and no one would hardly notice.

Our club is a delicate balance of old and new fans of different parent clubs.

If this doesn't get of the press quickly it's all downhill.
Reputation is important for all of us - let alone Lee.

Common sense says someone should come out and state we are giving the current board, the current CEO, the current coaching staff all of 2024 and 2025 to show if they can have the on field results heading in the right direction which would mean either making the top 8 or very close to making the top 8, playing an attractive style of football that gives the fans hope and retaining all players that will be crucial to the teams success moving forward.
If that does not eventuate the entire board, CEO and coaching staff should walk.

That “article” was purely a negative opinion piece serving as a vehicle to get clicks.
The senior parts of this club have driven us from bad to worse, repeatedly making poor decisions and being totally unaccountable for their failing leadership.
It’s time for the club to review the issues and find a renewed direction that doesn’t perpetuate the culture of losing and mediocrity. To continue on as we have will just see Benji become the next WT scapegoat.
This isn't an independent review though, it's a vendetta.
The guy running it has a connection and existing opinion of the club before he starts. He then seems to have interviewed people with no experience running the club or other clubs.
I don't think they understand what independent means.
Instead we have journos, Benny and Cochise interviewed. It's laughable.
Between them those guys couldn't run a school excursion to the zoo.
He should be talking to everyone currently running the club plus the blokes that run other successful clubs like Collingwood, St Helens, maybe a European soccer club etc.
Blokes that have a clue not the rabble. It's a really , really bad joke.
A bad joke that means our club is cooked for at least next year.
I f I was Benji I'd leave.

Back