Liam Fulton

I've nothing against Liam but if he was valuable to us he wouldn't have been sent over there in the first place. So why we would bring him back is beyond me. Makes little sense, surely better to just cut our losses there.

@Tigerpete said:
I've nothing against Liam but if he was valuable to us he wouldn't have been sent over there in the first place. So why we would bring him back is beyond me. Makes little sense, surely better to just cut our losses there.

I think the Cap issue had a lot to do with it….....Looks to me as if Sheens is signing a lot to minimum contracts for 2010...to try and get a bit more balance between the top end and the bottom...those getting the overs from the '05 overflow are either now worth it...Gibbs, Farah, Marshall, Heighington (sorry Sirro), Payten (he's lifted) or gone/going Collis, Harrison, McDonnell and Halatau...

If Fulton's coming back as Sheens Marquee signing and getting more than he's worth putting him towards the top then it is a huge blunder a nd a backward step...If he's coming back on decent but fair Money and If Galea can be resigned.....then it's worth it IMO....We will have a very young Roster...Liam adds experience and he's not that crap

@Captain Awesome said:
Firstly he has been average at the Giants this year.
Secondly, I do not want him back at the tigers; he would be a step backwards for the club

What rubbish!!!

Keep off the Kool Aid please.

We need a worker and ball player. He is a classy player. Hope he comes back. The depth he will give us will be fantastic.

@Balmain Bug said:
We need a worker and ball player. He is a classy player. Hope he comes back. The depth he will give us will be fantastic.

For depth no doubt… but it becomes an issue of whether the salary he'd be on is worth it... my opinion... no way

@Balmain Bug said:

He will provide depth but at best I'd have him on the bench for next season. The Tigers have some solid backrowers coming through who will probably offer more impact than Liam. Certainly Dwyer and Schirnack are highly regarded. Mataka also looks good and if Laurie has a big off-season then he'll be back in the frame too.

Liam could offer the utility value that Morris offers perhaps, but if he is chewing up a fair salary, I'd be inclined to pass on him. Personally I don't think he's worth more than $120k a season.

To be honest I don't want him back. No doubt he will be paid overs and it just holds back another young guy.

The other part of this is that from all the speculation flying around he did the club a huge favour by going over to england in the first place.
If part of that was a handshake deal (couldn;t be in writing due to the salary cap auditors) that he could come back if he wanted at an agreed salary then I would hope we honour it.
Regardless of anything else regarding ability, other players etc.

@softlaw said:
The other part of this is that from all the speculation flying around he did the club a huge favour by going over to england in the first place.
If part of that was a handshake deal (couldn;t be in writing due to the salary cap auditors) that he could come back if he wanted at an agreed salary then I would hope we honour it.

I agree - if he did the right thing we should to.

As much as I don't think we need him. I agree with others, if he's done the club a favour by going overseas, he doesn't deserve to be told "stay there, we don't need you".

@tiger05 said:
@softlaw said:

I agree - if he did the right thing we should to.

Tottaly agreed..if correct his actions demonstrate a great clubman and the Tigers owe him in return…let's not forget Liam is a skillfull footballer...not just a good worker...so in essence he could be the John Morris with skills!

I cant believe peeps dont want him back,great player and clubman.

And a ball playing lock as well.

@simonthetiger said:
I cant believe peeps dont want him back,great player and clubman.

And a ball playing lock as well.

I wouldn't mind him back but not at a cent more than his actual worth.

If he wants to make good coin though England is the better option

I want him back cos he is a local,part of our gf winning team and the best lock in the club.

Interesting that mnagement say they see Ayshford as a future lock; then we will still have Fulton, meaning Payne/Galea both to move on? or at least 1 of them.

maybe fulton is going to be our new back up hooker?

he can have the utility role on the bench.

I would take Fulton back but the fact is that if he were to come back his role and value to the side have greatly changed. Certainly he is no shoe-in for the 13 spot even allowing for his good ball skills. Danny Galea offers perhaps a better balanced role to the side with his noted defensive game and ability to get us metres offering us a better fit overall, especially considering in Marshall, Moltzen and Farah we seem to enough players with those ball skills that Liam possesses.

As some have said, Liam perhaps offers us depth more than anything and if thats the case then is a move back really in his best interests? Consider the fact too that if he is taken back as "depth" then what about the likes of Hyland, Mataka, Dwyer and Jason Shirnack?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back