Liam Fulton

So 851 Im guessing you just glossed over the headline of the article?
\
\
**<big>Liam Fulton set to leave Giants for Wests Tigers</big>**

@softlaw said:
A lot of people will whinge about this but I think thats really good news.

Exactly how I feel,top shelf player,cant wait for the offloads and grasscutters again.

Im a big fan.

@smeghead said:
Now, where to use him?

I think he has to be at lock but is he good enougth to get that spot. Good player but our pack has looked better without him there.

@tiger05 said:
@smeghead said:
Now, where to use him?

I think he has to be at lock but is he good enougth to get that spot. Good player but our pack has looked better without him there.

You think so…I would have had him ahead of Payne, Halatau, Morris(as a utility) and Galea (in attack)...those 4 spots are now up for grabs....Fulton at lock or 14\. will do me thanks....We could have used his scramble at the begining of the year in D where our right side of Morris, Collis and Ryan was woeful...

Fulton, Morris and Halatau in the team at the same time never worked....2 are gone....Liam coming back is great news IMO...

I guess the 14 role would be a good one. He is of great utility value.

I guess time will tell

14 does look the best bet right now. Capable of playing at starting lock, yes, though in Flanagan we have a very similar utility who will most likely battle it out with Fulton for the lock position. I just hope Liam and Bryce can screw their heads on properly. They need to knuckle down and play good footy from here on.

Now I haven't seen Liam play this season in the SL but going on his past performances witht he Tigers I really don't see where the benefit is in getting him back.

If we look at the options for his position it is going to be 13 or 14 I would assume and considering our pack in the past has struggled to move forward with any real gusto I think Liam is going to be a step backwards.

I know he has great skills as a ball playing forward but when you look at our team we have plenty of ball players without adding another one…too many cooks spoil the broth...what we really need is forward momentum!!!

Fulton, Morris and Halatau in the team at the same time never worked….2 are gone....Liam coming back is great news IMO...

This is the key. Spot on.

@Hbom said:
Fulton, Morris and Halatau in the team at the same time never worked….2 are gone....Liam coming back is great news IMO...

This is the key. Spot on.

–--
You can go further than that we have lost people in the lock/utility role such as Morris, Halatau, but also Payne Galea & Trimarchi by the looks of it... So he could well start at lock...

I am still not sold on him over Galewa.

However I remember the drastic improvemnt in his tackle dominance in the Return To Redfern trial match and cannot help but hope it continues

Fulton will start at lock as we have missed that creative player on the edge.
Playing in England would of enhance his attacking skills also.
It is like getting a new player and I like having him at back of the pack.

13- Fulton
12- Rhino
11- Ellis

That has a good feel about it.

Flanagan will start in reserve grade. The guy plays reserve grade for Wigan and has played a couple of token apperances in the top grade. Super League reserve grade is at best top draw Jim Cup Level.
People on here seem to think he will be like Ellis…he is no where near Ellis and he will need to have a good pre-season to get any where near the 1st grade squad. We have better juniors to promote anyway.

With Liam coming back it also makes the odds of Ayshford moving to lock a lot lower than they were, as they would more than likely be similar lock forwards…

it will be good to have him back.
he will have a good season in 2010, and would not be suprised if the " pranks" re-commence at concord, or with the radio announcers.

Can't be any worse then having payne at lock..
Galea on the other hand.

At least it will leave ayshford in place, and rhino back in second row (where hopefully hit can hit his old Hole hitting form!)

@philgood said:
Has Liam bulked up during his time in England?

I doubt it. He was out for 6-8 weeks with a knee injury and has been playing 5/8 so i doubt they wouldve asked him to put on size. If anything, his agility and speed wouldve benefited.

Latest posts

Members online

Back