Liddle/mcllwrick

Nucky_Thompson

Did anyone else think liddle was very clunky with his passes out of dummy half . Especially when we close to the try line I felt he didn't want to let the ball go and we'd waste a couple of tackles just trying to get it out of dummy half.
\
\
\
Mcllwrick passes so much better and find myself wishing cleary would give him more game time. Surely mcllwrick can get more game time . Can anyone see why clearly is giving liddle so much game time am I missing something?

I think Mcllwrick is streets ahead of Liddle at this stage of their respective careers….

I think Ivan has got it wrong starting with Liddle...

Id start with Mcllwrick and give Liddle the final 20 minutes.

I think Ivan is testing who handles 80 minutes better. A few weeks ago Liddle was only getting 15 minutes, now its switched.

I think Ivan wants to run qith one hooker in the 17 next year and is testing both players.

Liddle is far quicker out of dummy half but with that speed comes some errors. He made a few today. But the one involving Ava was Ava's fault. Ava stood between Jake and the first receiver. Jake's only option was to pass to Ava. But Ava was looking.

Liddles passing IMO is better and he isquicker but McIlwricks defence is better

I think that we Liddle swapping is the future and mayby next year will be Liddle start with Watson off the bench covering the whole backs and hooker

I personally feel sorry for Killer getting demoted to the Bench
He has done Nothing wrong and He has signed a contract extension as well

If this was his last year i'd understand him getting shafted from the starting line up
To compound all this his game time he is getting is not as much as he deserves..

@ said:

If this was his last year i'd understand him getting shafted from the starting line up
To compound all this his game time he is getting is not as much as he deserves..

Everyone around the club knows they're invested in Liddle as the future 9\. If McIlwrick wasn't told as much straight up (which I bet he was) he should have realised himself. There's no way some better than expected performances by a journeyman pro are going to change the long-term plan. Again, McIlwrick will have known as much when he chose to re-sign.

@ said:
@ said:

Everyone around the club knows they're invested in Liddle as the future 9\. If McIlwrick wasn't told as much straight up (which I bet he was) he should have realised himself. There's no way some better than expected performances by a journeyman pro are going to change the long-term plan. Again, McIlwrick will have known as much when he chose to re-sign.

No argument on the future of 9 BUT Killer was in RED HOT form..
If he was playing average dummy half i wouldnt have thought twice about Liddle getting the nod

McKillrick has to start and Liddle play off the bench this year to gain more experience,he will be far better next year….MM has been a good buy,a good worker and good for JL...

Based in today, it's McIllwrick all the way. It's irrelevant if we see Liddle as the future long term prospect, McIllwrick is the better player today and deserves to be starting.

Matty Mc is my choice for next year. He gives decent service out of DH and is a good defender. We'll have size and speed to burn in the outside backs next year. I don't think we'll need a flashy hooker, just some who'll keep it clean in the middle.

I think we will have only one hooker next year and that will be Liddle. He needs exposure to starting to the game as well as increasing his game time to 80 mins.

I would go with Matty at this stage, Liddle throws heaps of forward passes out of dummy half, and takes very poor options.

Liddle is already at least on par with McIllwrick and has potential of a much higher ceiling. Apart from that, I too think that Cleary is looking at Jacob being ready to commence next season as an eighty minute player.

@ said:
I think we will have only one hooker next year and that will be Liddle. He needs exposure to starting to the game as well as increasing his game time to 80 mins.

Yup. Cleary handling Liddle very well.

I'm all in on Liddle .

Look how well he defends for a little bloke and probably the fastest guy in the team over 20 metres.

Going to keep getting better.

Latest posts

Back