LIVE GAME Live Game Discussion, vs St George - Round 24 *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Personally, I thought we had the game won when Moga refused to come off the sideline, knowing that 20% of the WT team we’re about to run him down and another 4 or 5 WT players weren’t far behind. When was the last time we saw that level of effort?
If we were playing Storm and that was Nofa, there is no way we would have caught him.

I still can’t get over the drop out play. It was so bad. I was sitting up the other end on the second level and my thought process for the entire play was.

- Adam why are you kicking it’s only the fourth.
- excellent. Great work Adam. Drop out
- they are going to go short and quick hurry up and get in position
- hopefully they stuff the kick and it doesn’t go 10
- yep going short
- it’s not going to make it
- why are those two going inside the 10 hang back
- it’s hit him, idiot
- oh my goodness how dumb can you be

I honestly can’t remember is a more brain dead play on a football field. His cards need to be mark les never to play first grade again.

Did any of the big 3 turn up for this game
Sheens , Benji , Robbie. To watch and see we need to recruiter some more players , Pathways and our current young guys ant gonna cut it for years

Either him or Api who comes with a wealth of knowledge, SOO, Grand Final winner etc. They would both be a voice anyway due to the positions they play 👍
Correct me if I’m wrong CC but I think Api is a doer not a leader. Sure he can provide organisation and support but you need a mouthpiece motivating, cajoling, organising and doing.
That’s where I think Jacko comes in. Seems like he does it anyway but c beside his name adds some formality to the process.

Did any of the big 3 turn up for this game
Sheens , Benji , Robbie. To watch and see we need to recruiter some more players , Pathways and our current young guys ant gonna cut it for years
No footage but feel sure they would have been there somewhere, watching and planning. Easy to disappear at Comm Bank.
Much easier to find at LO next week. Sheens will be the one fending off hostile Tigers supporters.

No footage but feel sure they would have been there somewhere, watching and planning. Easy to disappear at Comm Bank.
Much easier to find at LO next week. Sheens will be the one fending off hostile Tigers supporters.
Sheens and Benji don’t take the jobs until November so they would not have been there yesterday and won’t be there on Sunday.

Farah has been around the team all year so will be somewhere

Sheens and Benji don’t take the jobs until November so they would not have been there yesterday and won’t be there on Sunday.

Farah has been around the team all year so will be somewhere

That is aa massive cop out if true as Sheens is supposedly in charge of football,Benji i can understand to a certain extent.So far Sheens has been a disaster

He hasnt played much NRL which I know isn't a big excuse but there is a difference between KOE and NRL.
The use of our bench still has me scratching my head. Madge did the same thing though.
Sorry Cobar, but unless I have missed something the rules in KOE, NRL and even lower grades pertaining to the minimum 10 metre drop out distance are the same.

Doueihi did play well however it was his dropped ball at dummy half which cost us the try. Is he a 2nd grader as well?
Yes bad time for his one error but we had 15 other errors and given his huge effort saving tries etc was probably getting a bit gassed towards the end
More concerned about no one especially the captain not yelling out at puaga
" don't touch the ball" although for adults you shouldn't have to

Yes bad time for his one error but we had 15 other errors and given his huge effort saving tries etc was probably getting a bit gassed towards the end
The team on the park was weak. We all knew that fact. But to be in the position to win the game was a great effort.

Unfortunately there was no leadership out there today nor was there any direction from the halves when needed. Oh how badly we miss Hastings. I hate to say it, we got what we deserved. We had numerous chances and blew them every time. I can honestly say, we did not deserve to win.

Yet another unusual & innovative way to lose a game. Every. Bloody. week... I wonder what they'll do next week ?

So far Sheens has been a disaster

He has been terrible. Just poor decision after poor decision with no positives.

The Pom's update didn't sound at all positive either so I don't see any future improvement.

I hope that if he coaches us he can somehow get the team playing smarter and more expansive footy. Sheens seems like a terrible football manager.

I don't get the hate towards Pascoe and the board because they don't make day to day decisions including recruitment and retention. To me all they can do is give the coach/footy manager the resources to support them.

They've backed Sheens though and unless there is massive and rapid improvement (i.e. next year) I think the board/CEO really need to look at themselves.

The team on the park was weak. We all knew that fact. But to be in the position to win the game was a great effort.

I love your positivity but those brain dead plays were so bad and they are completely unacceptable.

We have players that simply aren't professional. I remember in one game this year Joe O accidentally hit someone high and he clearly was frustrated with himself. That is the type of professionalism that is required by every player in this club.

The Kepaoa and Naden tackle on Lomax requires a lot of counseling/coaching for both of them.

We have players who at this point don't have the ability between their ears to win tough games. It's a massive concern. Until we get this right we won't improve.

I love your positivity but those brain dead plays were so bad and they are completely unacceptable.

We have players that simply aren't professional. I remember in one game this year Joe O accidentally hit someone high and he clearly was frustrated with himself. That is the type of professionalism that is required by every player in this club.

The Kepaoa and Naden tackle on Lomax requires a lot of counseling/coaching for both of them.

We have players who at this point don't have the ability between their ears to win tough games. It's a massive concern. Until we get this right we won't improve.
Yes there were some questionable plays but our players did not lack effort. The players were playing for Noddy and that is what I would take from the game. Add Brooks, Utoikamanu, Tamou, Hastings, Garner, Blore, Talau and we would have a different result.

I would add this, I don't believe I have witnessed a more polished game from a novice than we witnessed yesterday with Pole. His speed of the play the ball, runs and defence were outstanding. Considering he would also receive extra attention from defenders, when he gets more experience he will be superb,

Latest posts

Staff online

Back