LIVE GAME Live Game Discussion, vs St George - Round 24 *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
I think I mentioned earlier in the week that imo the captaincy was being used as a motivational tool for today, and possibly re/signing.
I’m not sure when the full squad gets back on deck they will respond to that because he’s not what I call a natural leader.
I still think that Hastings would be my preference . Good football brain and natural talker( from what I’ve read) And therein lies a problem with having AD motivated without that added reward.
Either him or Api who comes with a wealth of knowledge, SOO, Grand Final winner etc. They would both be a voice anyway due to the positions they play 👍

Can I throw in another one( slightly long)

A handsome young taxi driver has a nun as his passenger .
He keeps looking at her in the mirror and finally she asks why he is staring.
He says rather sheepishly that he always had a desire to kiss a nun,
She replies well let’s see what we can do about that but only if your single and Catholic, he tells he he’s both
She suggests he pulls into a laneway and proceeds to jump in the front and give him a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
Resuming their trip the driver suddenly starts crying, the nun asks what’s wrong and he says he lied, he is in fact Jewish and married,
The nun says don’t worry my names Steve and I’m on my way to a fancy dress party !

Goodnight and God bless

Can I throw in another one( slightly long)

A handsome young taxi driver has a nun as his passenger .
He keeps looking at her in the mirror and finally she asks why he is staring.
He says rather sheepishly that he always had a desire to kiss a nun,
She replies well let’s see what we can do about that but only if your single and Catholic, he tells he he’s both
She suggests he pulls into a laneway and proceeds to jump in the front and give him a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
Resuming their trip the driver suddenly starts crying, the nun asks what’s wrong and he says he lied, he is in fact Jewish and married,
The nun says don’t worry my names Steve and I’m on my way to a fancy dress party !

Goodnight and God bless
Oh boy you were making me nervous. Goodnight mate. No more jokes 😁

That was last week. We played another reggies team today.
Dragons actually have a bunch of good FG players. We do not. The fact that the dragons play so poorly is coaching.
However, no coach could change this team. It’s not a fair expectation with this group of players. They are legitimate reserve graders - at best.
Unless there is a major roster overhaul nothing will change.

Dragons actually have a bunch of good FG players. We do not. The fact that the dragons play so poorly is coaching.
However, no coach could change this team. It’s not a fair expectation with this group of players. They are legitimate reserve graders - at best.
Unless there is a major roster overhaul nothing will change.
Yeh fair call. Don't you think we only need say 2 gun forward and backs to build our team on.
We can't do a full rebuild unless your prepared to wait a ling time. Sponsors will jump if we dont start to improve.

I know on paper we have a wooden spoon team, so this result was expected, but I've never felt so sad about footy in my life. Don't know what to do with myself tbh and coming on here feels like reading people suffering from the different stages of grief.
It's a very dark day for the club.
Club needs to make sure nxt season starts in November.
We have to have some hope in Sheens or 🤷‍♂️

Yeh fair call. Don't you think we only need say 2 gun forward and backs to build our team on.
We can't do a full rebuild unless your prepared to wait a ling time. Sponsors will jump if we dont start to improve.
2 + 2 would be a good start.
We need to buy two gun forwards. On top of Papalii.
With Api coming we need to sort out the rest of the spine. First thing is fullback. A dud fullback kills your team and boy do we have a lemon. I actually don’t mind Toa and Naden. They can be role-playing backs. So, getting a FG centre and fullback would be my choice.

I know on paper we have a wooden spoon team, so this result was expected, but I've never felt so sad about footy in my life. Don't know what to do with myself tbh and coming on here feels like reading people suffering from the different stages of grief.
It's a very dark day for the club.
😕 This makes me sadder than the game today!

At the start of every season I look at the squad and often am excited about the year ahead.

The last two though, right from the start I knew I was reading a list of names you just couldn't form a consistently competitive team from.

I'd hoped they'd do a bit better than they have, but it's not all doom and gloom.

I think they are well on their way out of the bad old days of horrific cap management and next season is Brooks' last on crazy money.

There are a lot of young guys I have high hopes for (especially Toa and Pole) who won't cost the earth for a few years and Koroisau and Papali'i are fantastic gains next year.

I really hope they can resign Ofahengaue as well.

There could be signs of a decent core forming.

🤔 Something I haven't had for a while unfortunately...but I digress.

The sad fact is there are too many players who are simply not going to become the premiership winning types needed, and it sounds like the tough calls will be made soon.

I can't think of another club who'd have as much cap room for 2023/4 and paying more than another team for the right player the side really needs (say a top centre, full back, prop) I don't consider "paying overs".

I'm not saying let's grab the next class of Packers, Matulinos and Reynolds' and give them a million a year, but add Munster (to the tigers he'd be worth a LOT), offer Fifita more than the Titans (he's awesome - just not at the right club imo), throw money at Garrick and the team is vastly better.

For me the cowboys game nearly killed me, but after last week I really wasn't that upset today.

Only one more game this year Lauren!

Let's hope for some good signings and some good decisions by the club in a couple of months' time so we have real optimism for next year and further. 😊

Was at the game today. Managed to get corporate box tickets through a friend.

Loss was expected, but the boys had a go.

If we could play against 12 men for 80 minutes each week, we would be a top 8 contender

2 + 2 would be a good start.
We need to buy two gun forwards. On top of Papalii.
With Api coming we need to sort out the rest of the spine. First thing is fullback. A dud fullback kills your team and boy do we have a lemon. I actually don’t mind Toa and Naden. They can be role-playing backs. So, getting a FG centre and fullback would be my choice.
Yes that's what we need 2+2 that is 2 forwards and 2 centers
We have ample good wingers ,Naden,Toa ,Nofo,Maumalo
That is 4 recruits on top of Api and Isaiah

Back