LIVE GAME Live Game Discussion, vs St George - Round 24 *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
I don't believe I have witnessed a more polished game from a novice than we witnessed yesterday with Pole. His speed of the play the ball, runs and defence were outstanding.

He is quality. It's funny that he is from Melbourne because he appears to do lots of little things right. I haven't seen him have a stupid brain explosion or act like a tough guy either.

I honestly feel if this team starts playing to it's potential we can be a decent team. We won't win the comp but we will win a bunch of games.

My biggest concern is we have a lot of brain dead players out there. We'll have to cull them or educate them and have them change their approach to the game.

Pole to me looks like a professional and that is about the biggest positive I can state.

Athletic ability is critical but having the ability to perform consistently to high standards is often about what is between your ears.

I watched the game yesterday with a mate who is a slimmers supporter , he backed us on his footy tips , said tigers should bounce back , anyway he mentioned one thing early in the game , Tigers can’t wrap the player with the ball up , 2 and 3 tigers trying to tackle one and he still gets the ball away , I watched this hard rest of the game and wow , we are terrible at it , it looks like we are not strong players , can’t hold the ball player , need more strength built into these guys ,

I watched the game yesterday with a mate who is a slimmers supporter , he backed us on his footy tips , said tigers should bounce back , anyway he mentioned one thing early in the game , Tigers can’t wrap the player with the ball up , 2 and 3 tigers trying to tackle one and he still gets the ball away , I watched this hard rest of the game and wow , we are terrible at it , it looks like we are not strong players , can’t hold the ball player , need more strength built into these guys ,
Good observation. Same in previous weeks, not sure what Cayless has been teaching them but not using shoulders to make an effort to put man on the ground.More a grabbing technique that enables players to offload.

Maybe we need Liam Fulton to teach current players how to tackle.

This is where some hard nosed experienced NRL players can really benefit the younger players.

Matt Lodge and David Klemmer would fit the bill.

Yes we should have won but Dragons had a very poor game .McGuire was poor dropped balls penaltys .Hunt had a very poor game by his standards
Cody Ramsey got sin binned and made to look silly by Madden and their goal line defence poor .Bird swearing at ref lucky not sent off
We found a way to lose to a team playing poorly except Lomax who with Douehi were the best 2 on ground . Hook very upset at Dragons performance

Wests Tigers centre Asu Kepaoa will also miss his side's final match of the year after he was sent to the sin bin for a high shot on Dragons centre Zac Lomax, which resulted in his opposite number slotting a match-winning penalty goal.

Kepaoa was cited for a Grade Two Careless High Tackle charge, which brings with it a one-game ban with an early guilty plea.

Words fail me to describe how dumb this club is. Today we had a no name on the wing position which Nofoloama usually plays in. But where is Nofoalama - he is Wests tigers best winger and has been loaned out to Melbourne to help Melbourne win the competition for them. Irrespective of what you think of Nofo he would not have done the same stupid mistake which Pauga did today. The mistake which cost the game for Wests tigers.

Do I blame Pauga? No, he was very clearly out of his depth in first grade. Who I am blaming for the game Wests tigers should have won is the Wests tigers interim coach and Wests tigers management. The same coach who had a player poised to play his first time first grade match and had him wait for the last 3 minutes to do so. No wonder this player knocked on the first pass he received. How would his nerves and demeanour be waiting 77 minutes to make his entrance onto the field? Stupid Wests tigers management and interim coaching.!
I was stuck on a train for 4 hours on my way to a job interview - before mobile phones were common. I was a wreck, and my interview was a predictable train wreck.

We need a intellect machine on Entry into the COE and if you cannot reach the normal range you will not be a tiger recruit,Brooks wouldn't make it through the door and many other we have would struggle. Buying athletes with no brains seems to be our Lot. Ps I'm not sure if I would be let in because I follow the team
We let JAC go for this reason, and how stupid was that decision?

Sorry Cobar, but unless I have missed something the rules in KOE, NRL and even lower grades pertaining to the minimum 10 metre drop out distance are the same.
Punt him then.
I hope the poor boy's mental heath is ok. He's getting smashed for the reasons mentioned.
I look at the captain and senior players too to shoulder not so much the blame but the command and control of that game.

Correct me if I’m wrong CC but I think Api is a doer not a leader. Sure he can provide organisation and support but you need a mouthpiece motivating, cajoling, organising and doing.
That’s where I think Jacko comes in. Seems like he does it anyway but c beside his name adds some formality to the process.
I like both. I have focused a lot of attention on Api since his signing and he does a lot a talking in the huddles. I can see both working together tbh.

It will if we make it so.
What’s the old saying “ the harder you work the luckier you’ll get”
Which brings me back to my old favourite KPIs.
Hopefully Tim can resolve that, through experience alone.

Yes there were some questionable plays but our players did not lack effort. The players were playing for Noddy and that is what I would take from the game. Add Brooks, Utoikamanu, Tamou, Hastings, Garner, Blore, Talau and we would have a different result.

I would add this, I don't believe I have witnessed a more polished game from a novice than we witnessed yesterday with Pole. His speed of the play the ball, runs and defence were outstanding. Considering he would also receive extra attention from defenders, when he gets more experience he will be superb,
Really? Brooks? Madden is already better than Brooks and will get MUCH better.

Maybe we need Liam Fulton to teach current players how to tackle.

This is where some hard nosed experienced NRL players can really benefit the younger players.

Matt Lodge and David Klemmer would fit the bill.
Would take Klemmer with a contract, Matt Lodge only match payments , the Roosters have worked a bargain doing that with him, close to the best front rower in the comp because his next game could be his last.

Wests Tigers centre Asu Kepaoa will also miss his side's final match of the year after he was sent to the sin bin for a high shot on Dragons centre Zac Lomax, which resulted in his opposite number slotting a match-winning penalty goal.

Kepaoa was cited for a Grade Two Careless High Tackle charge, which brings with it a one-game ban with an early guilty plea.
Reasonable tackle years ago. They have to learn not to mess with the brylcream.

I hope we didn't lose anyone to the watchhouse or for medical assistance last night.
It's only a game
😩😭😤😠😡🤬🤐😴

Game Management obviously a massive factor, not bashing him but it’s never been an asset Brooks has. Worth noting Hastings was missing in 3 of those games, all 3 lost in the last 10mins. Apis experience and cool head in the spine helps that next year, as a well fit Jacko.

Latest posts

Back