LOTE COMES THROUGH FIRST TRAINING SESSION

Danos

![](http://www.weststigers.com.au/site/_content/image/00006388-image.jpg)
>
**LOTE COMES THROUGH FIRST TRAINING SESSION
Story/photo by Wayne Cousins
Thursday, 11 March 2010**
>
New Wests Tigers winger Lote Tuqiri showed little signs of jet lag when he took to the field for his first training session at Concord Oval this afternoon.
>
Tuqiri meet his team-mates for the first time today after arriving in Sydney yesterday morning from London.
>
The dual international jogged onto Concord Oval to a small applause from team-mates and a few interested supporters in the stand. One supporter even brought his two dogs down for a look.
>
There to film his every move were photographers and camera crews, such is the strong interest and demand for Tuqiri at present. This was no more evident than at yesterday’s press conference for Tuqiri which attracted the biggest ever media gathering for a Wests Tigers player.
>
Lock Liam Fulton tried to trick photographers and cameramen after spotting half-back Robert Lui and his short hair coming down the tunnel.
>
“Lote, you’ve had a haircut,’’ Fulton joked.
>
The players then underwent a short speed and agility session before completing team-work under Tim Sheens and his coaching staff.
>
Tuqiri has been named on the wing to play Manly Sea Eagles at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday, March 15, at 7pm.
>
Although he is keen to play, Sheens will continue to monitor Tuqiri’s progress over the next few days but anticipates he would play.
>
Should he take the field, it will not only be Tuqiri’s Wests Tigers debut but his 100th NRL game after spending the last seven years playing rugby union.

Love the photo.

How about this as the first comment on the article on the west tigers website?

Posted by swede at 11/03/2010 06:33 PM
Trust the clown prince Fulton to try and be funny. He ought to concentrate on keeping his spot.Lots of us are not impressed by his and Fitzfumbles selection.

Like seriously, this is really starting to make me very angry. The negativity from the supporters in this club is outstanding. I cannot see how people can be so THICK to not see that posting that kind of rubbish, in a place where players can read, will achieve NOTHING besides possibly putting players off their game! No wonder we have a hard time getting players to come to the club with our so called 'supporters' (I really use that term loosely!)

Fulton and Fitzhenry won us a premiership. They deserve respect and thanks, not this kind of rubbish!

Plus, pretty funny stuff from Fulton as far as I'm concerned.

No wonder the Tigers site wanted to censor content with rubbish armchair opinions like that. I wish we could take the email address and forward them Bulldogs promo material or something..

@hammertime said:

Trust the clown prince Fulton to try and be funny. He ought to concentrate on keeping his spot.Lots of us are not impressed by his and Fitzfumbles selection.

Like seriously, this is really starting to make me very angry. The negativity from the supporters in this club is outstanding. I cannot see how people can be so THICK to not see that posting that kind of rubbish, in a place where players can read, will achieve NOTHING besides possibly putting players off their game! No wonder we have a hard time getting players to come to the club with our so called 'supporters' (I really use that term loosely!)

Fulton and Fitzhenry won us a premiership. They deserve respect and thanks, not this kind of rubbish!

No wonder the Tigers site wanted to censor content with rubbish armchair opinions like that. I wish we could take the email address and forward them Bulldogs promo material or something..

Its the inter net champ…respect and the net are never used in the same sentence.
Besides, everyones entitled to their own opinion...be a bit boring if everyones happy, fluffy and flowery....you might like it all one way, some of us like a little balance.

@hammertime said:

I agree. Fitzy was an average 5/8 but on the wing he went alright. Played well on numerous occassions for us. Fulton is a class player who imo needs to bulk up but he does everything well and has been a real good team player for us.

The amount of drama on here when Fitzy got 1 bench spot was out of all proportion.

@hammertime said:

were you around on this site (in what ever form it was in) back between 2000-2004?
you'd be deadset topping yourself if you saw what was posted back then!

@hammertime said:

Spot on champ…..

We could win the comp 10 years straight and some of our fans would find something to bag the club/team and coach about.

Looks like they had a fun little training session. Just as long as they're intent on smashing Manly on Monday night. No surprise to see Lote in front of Beau either.

@innsaneink said:
@hammertime said:

Its the inter net champ…respect and the net are never used in the same sentence.
Besides, everyones entitled to their own opinion...be a bit boring if everyones happy, fluffy and flowery....you might like it all one way, some of us like a little balance.

I think the point is that the article is in no way related to Fulton or Fitzhenry yet it was used an an excuse to have a dig at both of them. There are a million Fitzy and Fulton bashing threads….why hijack that one?

I agree with hammertime. Watched the GF replay last night (and still shouted/screamed and drank too many beers) and these guys were a part of the team that took us out of obscurity. How about we acknowledge that they are back, that they have plenty to contribute and stop :deadhorse: ??!!

Fitzy and fulton have to prove themselves again but as earlier mentioned surely these guys might see these posts, and if so our negative comments can only be detrimental to the teams performance … so while F & F are paid to play and deal with out crap, why dont we focus on recent defective stinkers like Morris?

Man, I'm glad that there are quite a few out there that do agree! Makes me just think that hopefully there are only a handful of small thinking Tigers supporters out there.

Like weststigers said, the article was focused on lote, and from one 2 second joke from fulton, was turned into a rant about him and Fitzy, who wasn't even in the article! They get paid to put up with verbal bashing from media and rival supporters… not from their own 'supporters'!

p.s. How good was the reply of the 2005 GF Sunday night? Continues to get me out of my seat!!

@innsaneink said:
I think the point is that the article is in no way related to Fulton

I think you should read it again….it is.

Why? Because it mentions his name about making a joke? The article is about Tuqiri…...clutching at straws.

@hammertime said:

You make some valid points but neither Fitzhenry or Fulton were at their best when they left us.

As I said in the Round 1 Team thread:

@senexx said:
Late last night on channel ten I saw the tigers training. Lote was there and he looked a little slow and seemed to overshoot the mark. At least when he had to go sideways.

you will always have people that find fault with something.
sometimes they are correct and sometimes not.
a good player should be able to read negative comments and prove them wrong.
if they can't then i think it just proves the point against them.
the ones that it effects the most is the family members of the player.
just imagine if your son or grandchild,nephew or cousin signed with the tigers and gave his all yet was bagged by nobodies in cyberspace.or worse still,are the subject of rumor and innuendo.

what i have a problem with is fans who boo tigers players.
in my mind there is a huge difference between a fan and a supporter of a sports organization.

@senexx said:
As I said in the Round 1 Team thread:

@senexx said:
Late last night on channel ten I saw the tigers training. Lote was there and he looked a little slow and seemed to overshoot the mark. At least when he had to go sideways.

Well i just watched Lote fly through a hole and give a neat pass for a try in his last game for Leicester.

Looked plenty fast to me.

This is what the fans thought of his stay and departure.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Cockers-Column-Lote-Tuqiri-great-Leicester-Tigers/article-1886080-detail/article.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are some nice touches from Lote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKs34Gl_r8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back