Luciano Leilua

It’ll be a reasonable financial hit. Both clubs are building nicely. Depends which one he thinks has the better future and whether he can even get out of his contract.

You'd have to think the Cowboys will tell him he's free to go but they're not paying a cent. Depends what he wants at the end of the day. Cowboys are a bit ahead of us though in development.

I was at the game last night. Travelled up from Canberra and was hoping a massive win. Was obviously disappointed with the result. A few of the Tigers cam over to see their families and have some photos. He was just still on the field laughing and joking with the opposition, it didn't sit well with me. He hasn't had a good game since the win against Parra on Easter Monday. Happy for him to go

Granted, idk the full story, but why on earth would he want to backflip. The Cows are building nicely and he’s going to be on good money. We’re still going to be bumbling around, getting our hopes up that things are finally moving forward, only to come crashing down after games like last nIght. The only way I could see him wanting to stay is if he doesn’t want to leave Sydney.

Unproven over time and nowhere near him at present…. reflected in their salaries.
How so - Luc has had as many ordinary games as good ones.
Nanai is on the cusp of origin selection - Luc isn’t even in the conversation.
All the cowboys have done is paid too much money for an ok back rower to get the superstar back rowers they have coming through offside

I have absolutely zero inside knowledge on this...

But, there is a certain degree of logic at play here. Cows just got six blokes in the Origin squad and that will mean significant upgrades for most of them (many players have direct clauses for upgrades if they make rep teams / even if they don't, their price will go up).

Cows also made a strong play for Hopgood from Penrith (a backrower)...which is strange given their backrow depth for 2023.

Luc on 700 does not make 'any' sense for them and will likely cost them a couple of their origin players at some point. Factor in JT's huge salary and you have almost 1.7 mill in two backrowers before you even get around to all your Origin players.

Logically, you would think they might be looking to get out from that contract if they can.

I have absolutely zero inside knowledge on this...

But, there is a certain degree of logic at play here. Cows just got six blokes in the Origin squad and that will mean significant upgrades for most of them (many players have direct clauses for upgrades if they make rep teams / even if they don't, their price will go up).

Cows also made a strong play for Hopgood from Penrith (a backrower)...which is strange given their backrow depth for 2023.

Luc on 700 does not make 'any' sense for them and will likely cost them a couple of their origin players at some point. Factor in JT's huge salary and you have almost 1.7 mill in two backrowers before you even get around to all your Origin players.

Logically, you would think they might be looking to get out from that contract if they can.
Imagine Cowboys paying 100k for him to play with his original team 🤣

Imagine Cowboys paying 100k for him to play with his original team 🤣
They may well have to or at least do so for someone else/ Dophins etc.

But Luc on 700 literally will cost them a couple of Origin players.

JT 1 mill
Luc 700

Almost two million on two backrowers...before you factor in...Nanai, Luki, Cotter will all need upgrades next 18 months...and you can argue all three of them have more value than Luciano.

They may well have to or at least do so for someone else/ Dophins etc.

But Luc on 700 literally will cost them a couple of Origin players.

JT 1 mill
Luc 700

Almost two million on two backrowers...before you factor in...Nanai, Luki, Cotter will all need upgrades next 18 months...and you can argue all three of them have more value than Luciano.
I think they’re nicely stacked with forwards…

I'd think Cowboys are more willing to get out of the deal than Luci. They might be able to chip in a 100-200K so they can use the rest of the $500K on their own players.

Panic buy from the white Ant before the season started wasn't it ?
The player they will lose is Cotter if anyone . And He’s the one who is go after . The guy is a pit bull . I’ve never been one for throwing coin at the Fifita, 2 hit up for 40 metres “wow” plays and 75 minutes of picking daisies .
To me Nanai fits into that . He’s a great footy player , but we need blore to get on the field as he’s the edge player we need , with strike in papaali . Like I said Cotter would be the one for me .

Let him go. He can warm the bench for them.
Wow, that's great money for sitting on the bench, good on him i say, if they are willing to pay that kind of coin for someone to start from the bench, good luck to them.
But in saying that, he walks straight into our starting side that's for sure.

Yeah like Kangaroo Valley/Fitzroy Falls/Moss Vale. Some beautiful places there.
Your spot on CB,very scenic area the old Southern Highlands...I used to travel to Nowra for the races or rodeos and have fell out the front door of the Friendly Inn(Kangaroo Valley pub) on many occasions,its a 4 pack of Wild Turkey and coke from the Valley to home in Moss Vale...
If you havent done the track walk from the top of the Fitzroy Falls track to the bottom of the falls,its spectacular,but a bastard of a trip back up...
Good thing about the Southern Highlands is the quick trip from say Bowral,Mittagong or Moss vale to Sydney 1 1/2 hrs,Canberra 2 1/2 hrs,50 mins to Nowra or 45 mins to Wollongong..
Sorry about going off topic....
If Luci goes then I wish all the best for him....be nice if he stayed though....

Back