Lui Bash

yeh, it has all been said about his defence, but his try was awesome. he ran a great line and showed great hands (and composure) to grab it and put it in…. i was really happy for him. :slight_smile:

have to have a laugh at the turnstile needing to be pushed! classic... :laughing:

yours, turnstYle....

ps: yes i do know how to spell turnstile.... :wink:

I know I'm probably in the minority but I love having lui as our half. Won't deny that at this stage he has big problems in defence but he has all the ability of a top class half and I am glad that he is with us rather than another club.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

I will start with I'm not a Lui fan at all.

I'm not saying he can't play, because on the very odd occasion he does something brilliant, but it is VERY rare.

Put it this way. If you were starting a team tomorrow, and every player in the NRL was on the free agent list, where do you place Lui in your list of halfbacks amongst:

Wallace, Foran, Gidley, Cronk, Fein/Hornby, Sandow, Mortimer, Barba, Hodkinson, Pearce, Carney, Walsh, Soward, Sam Williams, James Maloney, Mullen, Beau Henry, Prince, Thurston, Ray Thompson, Ben Roberts,

I suspect if you're being fair dinkum, and putting all allegiances and hatreds aside, he isn't in the top 10.

I have always been a big fan of Lui and still think he will develop into a very good half. He has great attacking skills and vision.

He does however need a lot of work on his defence. Look Miller looks an exciting prospect in the 20's and I think whoever develops between him and Lui the Tigers will be well served at halfback for years to come.

It doesn't matter if you like Sheens or not he does know football and he sees something in Lui, time will tell if he is right or wrong but for mine I still think Lui will become a top player.

I think the structure covered him much better in the second stanza and he wasnt isolated.

As far as the rushing defence. It was a clear tactic and it worked. Malys halves were choked out of the game as they received no time or space at the line which is where they do their real damage.

I wanted Lui & Moltz hooked after the first half but Robs second half was much better

When I think of his defence I think of Chris Lawrence. He can improve that.

As for his attack I reckon he was pretty good last night. He has ability and he is a big halfback. I'd love to see him get into form, run the ball more and work on his defence as much as possible.

I still think he could be a good player for us.

@Swordy said:
I will start with I'm not a Lui fan at all.

I'm not saying he can't play, because on the very odd occasion he does something brilliant, but it is VERY rare.

Put it this way. If you were starting a team tomorrow, and every player in the NRL was on the free agent list, where do you place Lui in your list of halfbacks amongst:

Wallace, Foran, Gidley, Cronk, Fein/Hornby, Sandow, Mortimer, Barba, Hodkinson, Pearce, Carney, Walsh, Soward, Sam Williams, James Maloney, Mullen, Beau Henry, Prince, Thurston, Ray Thompson, Ben Roberts,

I suspect if you're being fair dinkum, and putting all allegiances and hatreds aside, he isn't in the top 10.

Yes our 1 and 7 aren't in the top 14 imo

I just wish for once people could look for positives after a win and not go out on a witch hunt to single people out.. Last time I checked, this was a 17 man TEAM performance and EVERYONE covered for their TEAM MATES tonight which was good to see.. You will always have better performances by some individuals over others, but as a TEAM, the Tigers are now starting to look awesome.. Hang in there Rob Lui, yr going well..
And if people didn't realise, the Tigers WON last night, who would of thought after reading some of this dribble!!!!!
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Costaki said:
i felt it was more like 8-10 misses. nrl stats is being very nice to him. some of them he missed by so much that maybe they didnt even count as misses, like he didnt even get a hand on them.

i couldnt understand why he wasnt taken off with 3 or 4 to go and we just needed to tackle. i was terrified that he was going to miss a very costly one.

he was a passenger tonight. terrible in atta ck and defence. the only good thing he did was run hard for that try. we won with 12 on the field. but as we won, sheens wont be changing anything. im a sheens fan but lui has to be dropped if we are to give the comp a shake.

Looked worse than it was imo…..he was rushing up a lot into the line, putting pressure on their attack and forcing them to do something different to what was originally planned...he was a bit better tonite

Surprised manly didnt kick more, chips and grubbers....or more inside balls....that wouldve kept us outta their face a bit more

He is horribly bad defensively and his ball handling is terrible too. Atleast once a game he makes a simple dropped ball and usually when we have the other team under the pump

He has shown more than enough that he could be a very good halfback, no doubt he has defensive problems but they can be fixed.

He is only young and must be given the chance to develop, he has talent and if you can't see that I must be watching a different player.

1st grade footy is not the place to fix up defensive issues!!! And they are NOT issues he has no heart in defense!! His pathetic arm grabs have let in so many try's it's become a joke!!! He needs to get dropped to work on his defense the longer he stays in 1st grade the more of a liability he will become. Every NRL team is fully aware of his issues and will aim players at him all game long!!!

Does Lui have potential - YES
Is he currently playing at a 1st grade standard - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And to everyone saying get off his back and give him a break - I will do that when he decides to shoe 100% commitment to defense and stops throwing his arm out like a little kid!!!!!

Apart from the try he scored, which was a good effort, he was basically a turnstile out there. Defence is non-existence.

Lui is going to be there for the remander of the season so we will have to get use to it. Hopefully his bad defence can be covered.

@GNR4LIFE said:
how come there isn't any threads dedicated to Aaron Woods looking at the ref that gave Balin the chance to score from dummy half? or the thread about Benji missing a shot from in-front that could have been crucial? or Matt Groat giving away 2 consecutive penalties late in the game that gave Manly great field position?

we won't dedicate any threads to them coz its just easier to bash Lui

as if there aren't people on this forum with agenda's

pfft

You are a pinhead. Lui has been shocking all season. Not one good game that I can remember. It is now round 21\. How much time does this bloke get before he gets the boot.

As for Moltzen, he dead set dogged it tonight. He was pathetic. No comittment with the ball in the air, or on the ground. No comittment when running the ball back. He gave it to Ryan on most occassions. If he is a first grade footballer then I am a dutchman.

If we want to win this competition then Lui and Moltzen must go and next week is not early enough.

@Craig_D said:
I just wish for once people could look for positives after a win and not go out on a witch hunt to single people out.. Last time I checked, this was a 17 man TEAM performance and EVERYONE covered for their TEAM MATES tonight which was good to see.. You will always have better performances by some individuals over others, but as a TEAM, the Tigers are now starting to look awesome.. Hang in there Rob Lui, yr going well..
And if people didn't realise, the Tigers WON last night, who would of thought after reading some of this dribble!!!!!
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

It's a Lui bash thread, not a thread to celebrate a win…..Which I am ecstatic about and I have to admit that I was not expecting before kick off, even though I love the Black White and Gold just as much as anyone else here.

But it's a bash thread, as the title suggests, so I will bash away when it is called for.

@magpiecol said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
how come there isn't any threads dedicated to Aaron Woods looking at the ref that gave Balin the chance to score from dummy half? or the thread about Benji missing a shot from in-front that could have been crucial? or Matt Groat giving away 2 consecutive penalties late in the game that gave Manly great field position?

pfft

You are a pinhead. Lui has been shocking all season. Not one good game that I can remember. It is now round 21\. How much time does this bloke get before he gets the boot.

As for Moltzen, he dead set dogged it tonight. He was pathetic. No comittment with the ball in the air, or on the ground. No comittment when running the ball back. He gave it to Ryan on most occassions. If he is a first grade footballer then I am a dutchman.

If we want to win this competition then Lui and Moltzen must go and next week is not early enough.

and just who do you suggest we replace Lui with Einstein,Miller?
wether you want to admit it to yourself or not,Lui is the best option available this yr
do you realy think an 18 yr old with only 4 or 5 games has a better chance of leading the Tigers to a premiership?
think about it,it just might make sense

Yep, it's a bash thread.. Great supporters u lot are!!!
Can't wait to see 'swordy' named in the no7 jumper
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

6 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks and scored a try he defiantly has something in attack and always has. I agree his defence is horrible but he isn't the only half in the comp with this issue Just to highlight that did anyone see the stats in Yesterdays telegraph

Players with 5+ Missed tackles in a game (and occasions)
Chris Sandow (9)
Travis Burns (8)
Wade Graham (7)
Jake Friend (7)
Isacc Luke (7)
Kade Snowden (6)
Scott Prince (5)

I am guessing Lui was on 4 before last nights game but still he isn't the worst defender in the comp and at least he is younger and has time to work on his defence but yes he defiantly needs to

@magpiecol said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

The 2nd raiders game he played well Col but I agree majority hasn't been great We need to step it up at 1 and 7 if we are going to win the premiership

Members online

Back