Luke Brooks #167

Embarrassing eh..

Brooks has nothing.

If the day ever comes we have a decent 7, even a serviceable 7... Jeff Robson like - we aren't even going to know ourselves.
I really think it's gonna shock a lot of people. Lots of people who in hindsight will say it was obvious when we've been sitting here for years calling for it. I swear he catches the ball standing still half the time

Yeah - I know what I am watching....
Like when he makes a break against a lowly team is in clear space on his
own and drops the ball cold....
It took him a few games to find form I think....

Just working out how you're going to blame his form on Brooks was all?
I love how you quote the one mistake (out of maybe 2 or 3 max in 7 games) he's made. Brooks made a similar on the weekend no? Could of scored down the middle. Api's form has been outstanding, busting his ass leaps and bounds beyond the capability of the rest of this squad. 'Took him a few games to find form', bullshit. Took the rest of the team a few rounds to learn not to stand around, he creates around the ruck, makes a dart, no one is their in support, all just standing around, and numpties suggest his form is out pffft. Talk about Brooks' defensive effort on the weekend. Talk about the fact this team had 60% possession for a majority of the game and still lose, that's not on the forward pack, that's on the halves. Apologists for years on end have used the sole argument 'Brooks has never played behind a capable forward pack', that argument has gone dead, this team is virtually planted in the opposite red zone all game. Next, please.

Theres about 5 or 6 on here that seem to see what no one else in the RL community can see, and it's genuinely remarkable.

Also love how everyone has been banging on about Apis' form dropped since he's been at the Tigers - How's that the halves fault?
Api is the one giving them the ball....

Everyone says our forwards are killing it, If that were the case - Our Hooker would be killing it as he's first up with the ball from them.
Outside the last couple games (Against stronger sides) that we were in until the death
- Api's also been off...
Brooks doesn't want the ball and doesn't go looking for it either like genuine half in attack

I love how you quote the one mistake (out of maybe 2 or 3 max in 7 games) he's made. Brooks made a similar on the weekend no? Could of scored down the middle. Api's form has been outstanding, busting his ass leaps and bounds beyond the capability of the rest of this squad. 'Took him a few games to find form', bullshit. Took the rest of the team a few rounds to learn not to stand around, he creates around the ruck, makes a dart, no one is their in support, all just standing around, and numpties suggest his form is out pffft. Talk about Brooks' defensive effort on the weekend. Talk about the fact this team had 60% possession for a majority of the game and still lose, that's not on the forward pack, that's on the halves. Apologists for years on end have used the sole argument 'Brooks has never played behind a capable forward pack', that argument has gone dead, this team is virtually planted in the opposite red zone all game. Next, please.

Theres about 5 or 6 on here that seem to see what no one else in the RL community can see, and it's genuinely remarkable.
Yep that has been the nail for me the fact that the forwards have laid the better platform in all but maybe one or two games but were still on par at worst, and Brooks (and Douhie) still couldn’t win us a game?
They both need to go.

I've been watching rugby league since 1908 and in all that time I've never seen a player more certain to fail in the big moments than Brooks.
Whether it's missing field goal after field goal, kicking the ball dead to kill momentum, dropping a pass for a match winning try, passing to the wrong player with a match winning try beckoning, the list goes on.
There's death , taxes and Brooks failing in the big moments.
To the 2 supporters of his. Can you honestly look deep inside yourselves and say that you have ever expected Brooks to win a game when the pressure's on with tied scores and 5 minutes to go?
We all know the honest answer.

True though that could be his personality type, hyper competitive and wants to win at all costs, I could see that rubbing guys the wrong way at training. Knowing what he wants to do and over calling guys would cause issues.
Nrl
Roosters
manly
tigers
newcastle

SL
Salford
Wigan

That is 6 clubs in 146 games across nrl and SL, but it is not Jackson's fault. Statistics would indicate he won't last his Newcastle tenure but we will see

I've been watching rugby league since 1908 and in all that time I've never seen a player more certain to fail in the big moments than Brooks.
Whether it's missing field goal after field goal, kicking the ball dead to kill momentum, dropping a pass for a match winning try, passing to the wrong player with a match winning try beckoning, the list goes on.
There's death , taxes and Brooks failing in the big moments.
To the 2 supporters of his. Can you honestly look deep inside yourselves and say that you have ever expected Brooks to win a game when the pressure's on with tied scores and 5 minutes to go?
We all know the honest answer.
souths game last year

Nrl
Roosters
manly
tigers
newcastle

SL
Salford
Wigan

That is 6 clubs in 146 games across nrl and SL, but it is not Jackson's fault. Statistics would indicate he won't last his Newcastle tenure but we will see
He left Salford for Wigan. Then Wigan for us. He chose to leave he wasn't sent packing, even Sheens wanted to keep him but he wanted him as a lock. So really only Roosters and Manly he had issues at, everywhere else were happy to keep him, he left of his own accord.
Even at manly, had he had a proper coach and not Barrett the situation may have been handled better and he may have been able to stay.

Reactions: 851
Classy. Each to their own and trust that you both enjoy the experience.

Sorry to many, many decent folk on the forum for taking the many steps down to their level with the above, just so disappointing to see even the once cultured join in with them.
Reminder:
This is a Rugby League fan forum. Not a Pinot and Picasso appreciation event.
You love rolling round in the mud, despite any and all protestations. The ladder to help you down off that big horse of yours, is in the corner to your left.

Another myth...

"A hell of a lot"...he was a kid at the Roosters and acknowledged he was cocky as a TEENAGER. He went to Manly and fell out with DCE.

Went to Salford and slayed them...is still revered, carried them to a GF...fans love him. Won player of the year.

Then transferred to Wigan, who are a much bigger club. That is how the UK comp works...he moved to a bigger team. Made another GF.

No issues...only success since the DCE incident.

Two GFs and a player of the year award. Fans loved him at each club.

Then joined us and would have happily stayed his career.

Complete myth he is somehow an issue.

The simple facts are that Sheens believed in Brooks enough to tell Jacko he would not be kept long term and would be a 13...and that he could go if someone offered him long term and 7.

Sheens bet the house on Brooks. That is simply fact.

None of that should reflect on Hastings.

Sheens...bet...the house...on Brooks.

That is the bottom line. So far, that bet has been a colossal disaster. Maybe in 2024 we land a better half than both of them and get ahead. But, as of now, it has been a colossal disaster.

Shenji bet the house on Moses as a consequence Brooks stayed and Hastings left.

It’s clear Benji didn’t want any of our halves if he had to choose into his years.

Knights also offered a very nice upgrade & length of contract.

Shenji short term roster and player management was terrible they had no plan b or c re Moses & options. Right now we have zero inbound for next season.

Brooks plays with heart. Never tanked. Team player. Made of heart. He is just not a 7. Why can't Sheens consider lock. Maybe not half back material. Just if a team is picked on heart - all that they put in - then Brooks is in the first few picked. Aside that. We need a general. 2 In fact. One in the office and one on the field.
I think that's the big problem. He has an effort play in him that plenty don't - dilemma for a coach - but we can't win with him in a key position and the team is unbalanced while ever he earns the most money. People are kidding themselves if they think it doesnt get in everyones head space. Players feel sorry for him on a personal level but he must frustrate the hell out of them on a professional level.
Probably be a great sub at the Roosters but just can't deliver what a bottom team needs.

He left Salford for Wigan. Then Wigan for us. He chose to leave he wasn't sent packing, even Sheens wanted to keep him but he wanted him as a lock. So really only Roosters and Manly he had issues at, everywhere else were happy to keep him, he left of his own accord.
Even at manly, had he had a proper coach and not Barrett the situation may have been handled better and he may have been able to stay.
Just trying to take him down to justify Sheens backing Brooks. We went after Hastings because of his performance in England and Newcastle went after him after his performance with us. He has a personality type - they all do.
The fact is Sheens did not see him as 7 backed Brooks and was happy to let him go when Newcastle said we want him. Pathetic that some are trying to take him down after his performance at the club last year.

Shenji bet the house on Moses as a consequence Brooks stayed and Hastings left.

It’s clear Benji didn’t want any of our halves if he had to choose into his years.

Knights also offered a very nice upgrade & length of contract.

Shenji short term roster and player management was terrible they had no plan b or c re Moses & options. Right now we have zero inbound for next season.
true knights offered allegedly a big increase to Hastings up to 900k for 2023 and beyond so can't blame him for taking the 7 and heading to Newcastle, no way Sheens or tigers were ever going to pay Hastings 900k.

This is fast becoming an urban myth...

I have mates 'very' close to English RL (Leeds, GB and Wigan) and all have said they never heard a thing about any clash AND that Bateman is not the type of bloke to say "won't play with him"...

Think about it...if you really believe it, that means Bateman is essentially a sook who said "won't sign until he goes"...which is simply not true.

They likely clashed at Wigan training at times...and so do most fierce contestants who want to win.

Geez...how bad would it have been if we had of had two alpha males who wanted to win desperately each week and butted heads occasionally? That is called a successful club.

Absolute myth Bateman sooked and said "him or me".
Never believe anything on 360 or any News Corp publication!!!

They make things up, loosely link information or use 'inside info' from player managers who have a vested interest in a particular outcome.

Despite what one delusional poster will tell you, Brooks is not “creating all our points” at all. Look at his try assist stats. Apparently throwing a standard pass during a chain of standard passes to and from other players in a movement which results in a try is all on Brooks. If that’s “creating” “heavily involved” “carving up” “killing it” “having a STFU game”, I’d love to know what he thinks of players like Hynes or Cleary that ACTUALLY create points and do all those things he claims Brooks is doing.

Api is just as “heavily involved” in creating our points by throwing the ball from dummy half to Brooks, as Brooks is throwing the ball to someone else. Throwing a pass is the bare minimum for a halfback. That’s literally all he’s done. There’s no wizardry involved.

true knights offered allegedly a big increase to Hastings up to 900k for 2023 and beyond so can't blame him for taking the 7 and heading to Newcastle, no way Sheens or tigers were ever going to pay Hastings 900k.

I don’t know the numbers, but doubt it was 900k.

That aside our roster / player management went all in focusing on 25 with Moses which showed total neglect on 23 & 24. It’s costing us this year and based on outgoings v incomings will cost us even more so next year. Moses isn’t coming and any quality half is signed up for 24 already also. It is going to be a struggle for a while.

You are right there is no way theTigers were going to pay a good 7 $900k so he took it at Newy...Meanwhile we increase the GREAT 7 we have had for 10years up to a reported 1.1 mil for absolutely no finals in his tenure or wins in 2023...fantastic ...NEPOTISM at its finest and poor business acumen all round.....

You are right there is no way theTigers were going to pay a good 7 $900k so he took it at Newy...Meanwhile we increase the GREAT 7 we have had for 10years up to a reported 1.1 mil for absolutely no finals in his tenure or wins in 2023...fantastic ...NEPOTISM at its finest and poor business acumen all round.....
I just hope after we go back to back wooden spoons - some one is held accountable.

We have a really solid pack.
We need to go to market and recruit halves and some centres to really be able to compete.

Brooks' incompetence has been addressed for years on here - time for the club to address it too.

I just hope after we go back to back wooden spoons - some one is held accountable.

We have a really solid pack.
We need to go to market and recruit halves and some centres to really be able to compete.

Brooks' incompetence has been addressed for years on here - time for the club to address it too.
Demps the Brooks lovers have always told us that he hasnt had a decent pack in the time he has been our NRL 7 to shine in that position and lead us to many victories,we have a quality pack that do a fantastic job getting the team in the zone,however this year Brooks is leading us to many losses,I think some should put emotions and love for individual players aside and look at the big picture how rugby league works,very good players that know the game and their job will win games for the team with footy smarts,some players percieve to have that but get found out very quickly,its just taken the WTs many years and big dollars to find it out,looking at Pearce and Mose for 2024 must tell you something.....

Back